It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confederate flags will not come down at Stone Mountain (state park)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: the owlbear
Uh...

It's NOT a state park.

The family that owns that Branson hellhole Silver Dollar City BOUGHT IT FROM THE STATE OF GEORGIA!

So they can be as Confederate as they wanna be...

Note: I lived near Stone Mountain for about six years. Always found it ironic that all the buses full of black kids were juxtaposed under the giant bas-relief of Jackson, Davis, Lee...

Confusing.

Stone Mountain was once owned by the Venable Brothers. It was used as a rock quarry and was also the site of a cross burning and Ku Klux Klan activities. It was purchased by the State of Georgia in 1958.

Governance

Stone Mountain Park, which surrounds the Confederate Memorial, is owned by the state of Georgia and managed by the Stone Mountain Memorial Association, a Georgia state authority. The Herschend Family Entertainment Corporation currently has a long-term contract to operate park attractions while the Stone Mountain Memorial Association retains ownership and the right to reject any project deemed unfit.

Stone Mountain

Little bit...

Tell me that monument isn't about racial divide and keeping surrounding black people in their place, and I will buy you the KFC family meal of your choice.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
You know , with all the slam bashing of the south as being racist , Georgia had already changed our state flag years ago. What makes that so funny is it was by POPULAR VOTE.Yes , thats right all you people slamming us talking about the flag and racism.

edit on 2-7-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Liquesence

Its not about destroying things we don't like.
Great ISIS hyperbole though.

There is no denying who champions this flag, there is plenty that what it to have a heritage OF hate.

I don't care if you want to fly it in your private life, but when it is on state grounds I take issue.

This is a grey area for me since it is considered a historical monument though.

What a great history this place has, seems to be a favorite of the KKK...

So are you cool with the Dukes of Hazzard being taken off the air?

What was racist about that television show?

Sorry, but the PC crowd has gotten to the point that burning books will come next if we continue to bow down to their tantrums!

Personally? I'm done!

Eff all you crybabies! Life sucks! People will always make you feel bad about yourself IF YOU LET THEM!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ah, so the Park is still state owned.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Nope, I wasn't.
If you read that thread you can see that I wasn't.

This is nothing like that at all though.

Eff you guys that can't accept that the world is changing.

Sorry, but the PC crowd has gotten to the point that burning books will come next if we continue to bow down to their tantrums!

When your arguments are based in hyperbole's and slippery slopes, it is hard to take serious.
Not one flag has been destroyed, well I am sure some have privately been but yet that is all the people that are against this can bring up.

edit on ndThu, 02 Jul 2015 20:23:50 -0500America/Chicago720155080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on ndThu, 02 Jul 2015 20:26:00 -0500America/Chicago720150080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Nope, I wasn't.
If you read that thread you can see that I wasn't.

This is nothing like that at all though.

Eff you guys that can't accept that the world is changing.

When your arguments are based in hyperbole's and slippery slopes, it is hard to take serious.
Not one flag has been destroyed, well I am sure some have privately been but yet that is all the people that are against this can bring up.

Eh, so out with the "hyperbole's and slippery slopes" and "it's hard to take serious"?

The fact that the Dukes of Hazzards is done is thanks to the PC BS that will end up burning us all!

So defend the PC nonsense in the name of protecting your political tribe! Funny how you don't think the Dukes should be taken down but yet your supporting the ignorance responsible for it?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Dude...
It is a one damn show on one damn TV network.

I should say if they felt strong armed to do it then I don't agree.

If they did it on their own accord and just decided that with this current issue and the length that show has been running it didn't make sense for them to run it then fine, that was their choice.

But at the end of the day it is just a damn TV show.

Are you really that butthurt that you can't watch it on TV land anymore??

Talk about sensibilities.

And again you are the first one to make this political...
Politics have nothing to do with it

edit on ndThu, 02 Jul 2015 20:36:36 -0500America/Chicago720153680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Dude...
It is a one damn show on one damn TV network.

I should say if they felt strong armed to do it then I don't agree.

If they did it on their own accord and just decided that with this current issue and the length that show has been running it didn't make sense for them to run it then fine, that was their choice.

But at the end of the day it is just a damn TV show.

Are you really that butthurt that you can't watch it on TV land anymore??

Talk about sensibilities.

One damn TV show One damn book!

"What difference does it make!" Right?

To make you feel better? I thought the Dukes of Hazzards was GAY! Can I say that? OMG, I might have offended the PC Gods!......
edit on 2-7-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Uh...

It's NOT a state park.

The family that owns that Branson hellhole Silver Dollar City BOUGHT IT FROM THE STATE OF GEORGIA!

So they can be as Confederate as they wanna be...

Note: I lived near Stone Mountain for about six years. Always found it ironic that all the buses full of black kids were juxtaposed under the giant bas-relief of Jackson, Davis, Lee...

Confusing.

Stone Mountain was once owned by the Venable Brothers. It was used as a rock quarry and was also the site of a cross burning and Ku Klux Klan activities. It was purchased by the State of Georgia in 1958.

Governance

Stone Mountain Park, which surrounds the Confederate Memorial, is owned by the state of Georgia and managed by the Stone Mountain Memorial Association, a Georgia state authority. The Herschend Family Entertainment Corporation currently has a long-term contract to operate park attractions while the Stone Mountain Memorial Association retains ownership and the right to reject any project deemed unfit.

Stone Mountain

Little bit...

Tell me that monument isn't about racial divide and keeping surrounding black people in their place, and I will buy you the KFC family meal of your choice.

HaHa

I won't take that bait. I prefer Filet Mignon.

But I may have been questioning the one part that says:

Stone Mountain Park, which surrounds the Confederate Memorial

Maybe the Confederate Memorial is privately owned? But I doubt it.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Slippery slope again.

Once we can get past the if this then that we can talk.
yourlogicalfallacyis.com...

I will never be for burning books.
And that is where this flag belongs, in the books.

Say gay all you want, ignorance doesn't offend me.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Slippery slope again.

Once we can get past the if this then that we can talk.
yourlogicalfallacyis.com...

I will never be for burning books.
And that is where this flag belongs, in the books.

Say gay all you want, ignorance doesn't offend me.

What's so different from burning a book than getting rid of a TV show?

Did you think you were cute calling me ignorant? Hell bro! I have been called way worse and when a Progressive calls me a name? I wear it like a medal! I know T&C prevents you from showing your true colors, but send me a U2U and I'll give ya my email so you can get your rocks off!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
That's good that they won't come down. Leave the traditions and historical monuments alone, for God's sake.

Our Southern black brothers and sisters love Dixie, too. Tradition and the historical context of what the flag stood for is part of their heritage, too.

Many blacks are standing up for the flag and the southern traditions represented by that banner. I have a feeling that a lot of the hoopla over the flag is being instigated by outsiders stirring people up.

Warning: sappy (but nobody has ever done it better)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

This is a confederate was monument, plus more now. Into the side of the mountain is carved a 3 acre relief of 3 confederate generals on horses, same sculptor as Mt. Rushmore. What next, they, the lousy loony leftist commie bastard black democrats want to destroy that too, are they just like ISIS destroying history. See the sculpture at www.stonemountainpark.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: chuckk

Who is talking about destroying anything

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Burning a book destroys that knowledge for ever.

Canceling a show on one network does not.
Rather simple.
When there is a law against that showing being aired, you will have a point.

And I wasn't calling you ignorant, just that the statement was.

Love how you bring politics and labels into it again though.

Divide and conquer right?

edit on ndThu, 02 Jul 2015 21:07:30 -0500America/Chicago720153080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Keep in mind that the confederates got their ass kicked for a reason.

The confederation was based on outdated ideology. They all died for nothing. Nothing. Unless you count the shame and utter destruction they brought the south.

They were losers through and through by most every metric.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah, anybody who knows anybody who wants to act like they think they know something knows that most black folk prefer Church's or some chicken and waffles not some old, white (dressed in white) colonel who's from racist backwoods kentucky. .

I mean, C'mon.

/sarcasm.

Even if the memorial (mountain) *is* privately owned, the property around it is where the flags fly and apparently state owned. Therefore state property (not that you're saying differently, just expanding your comment).

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Yup.

State owned for sure.

and KFC uses MSG. It gives me migraine headaches.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Burning a book destroys that knowledge for ever.

Canceling a show on one network does not.
Rather simple.
When there is a law against that showing being aired, you will have a point.

And I wasn't calling you ignorant, just that the statement was.

Love how you bring politics and label into again though.

I don't agree with anyone due to political ideology demanding ANYTHING being taken off of television or a store shelf!

To me that is Terrorism disguised as Political Correctness where because it offends someone, everyone who isn't offended is punished?

Can you handle that?

Sorry your apparently grew up differently than I did. I grew up being taught to be tough and that words can't hurt me! It's a shame that so many like you find that being hurt by words means becoming an activist to demand that anything that may be hurtful should be deemed inappropriate to the point that our dumb ass politicians see it serious enough to capitalize on it?

Hell! Progressive have taken Capitalism to a whole new level!

edit on 2-7-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Mean while in Dalton Ga we have.....
Caution language
edit on 2-7-2015 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join