It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shinkansen suicide in Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Just happen earlier today. A 71 year old man brought gasoline into the shinkansen. He was trying to give away money and no one accepted any money from him. Quite usual I think. Anyway he went back to the end of car "#1 and carried gasoline with him. Pour it all over him and in the isle. Lit it up. Yes, he died and a lady also died. The train was going from Tokyo to Osaka. Now I live here and cases of people being shoved in front of trains at the station was getting a bit out of hand, but this one is a new one on me. By the way, the shinkansen bills all known family members for the expenses, that includes aunts , uncles, kids, well you name it. pretty tough in this country, you just dont want to commit suicide here , too expensive.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

If he had money to 'give away' and had lived to length of days (70?), why suicide and immolate, too?

Sounds like a demonstration of what, I don't know.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

If he had money to 'give away' and had lived to length of days (70?), why suicide and immolate, too?

Sounds like a demonstration of what, I don't know.

Right now on the news the police have no answers . Nothing like this has ever happened. By the way there are always 2 fire extin... on each car.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Damage to lung tissue from inhaling superheated gases would be fatal. Not right away, but nonetheless.

As soon as he gasped for air, surely an involuntary response to finding ones self on fire.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Ugh...that just sounds like a horrible way to do yourself in. Got a link to the story anywhere?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Found one...

Source

A passenger on one of Japan's high-speed bullet trains set himself on fire Tuesday, filling a carriage with smoke, Japanese officials said. National broadcaster NHK said the man and a female passenger were dead.

Japan's transport ministry and a fire official said the victims were in a state of "cardiopulmonary arrest," the term used before official confirmation.

The passenger apparently poured oil over his head before setting himself on fire, said a transport ministry official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, citing department policy. Kyodo news service reported that he set himself on fire with a lighter.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Is saw this on the news as I was getting ready for work this evening. How horrible. I so rarely use the Shinkansen.

The thing that really bothers me is that his suicide took someone else with him. Just go to Aokigahara like the rest of the suicidal people.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Aokigahara us one creepy place. I remember watching a documentary on it where they followed the park warden around as he tried to convince "campers" not to do anything rash. Bodies everywhere in those woods.
edit on 30-6-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

This is so sad
I hope that man is at peace with whatever he was struggling with. Unfortunately he took another soul with him, which was selfish and unfair. Hopefully one day that woman's family will have peace too.

top topics

join