It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charleston Shooter's black friend claims he never said anything racist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

For what it's worth, you're applying logic to an illogical situation. And I don't mean that as an insult in anyway.

A normal, rational person has an extremely hard time understanding the actions and thoughts of a sociopath or psychopath or whatever. I'm not saying that Roof was either of those, but he does display some of the tendencies. My ex wife falls on the sociopath spectrum, and years later I still can't understand why she does what she does. And that's somebody I lived with and interacted with on a daily basis for years.

Just another perspective.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusPrimeOne
He was taken over be a demon they are called elohim or watchers.Reasons are they want to take away our guns and a spiritual attack on us.

You gonna start a thread on this what?
Get with it then!

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If this is indeed true then it lends credibility to the theory that this kid had more of a psychotic break with reality vs a deep hatred for black people. Time will tell.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
For me the problem with the video is this:

When asked for his reaction, he says "Dylann did everything he said he was going to do."

But then later claims the church wasn't the target. So if the church wasn't the target, why would the reaction be "well he did what he said he was going to do."

And I'm pretty amazed that neither of those two seems to give a damn that Roof told them he was going to do something and they did jack # about it.

That was my first thought to when watching the video...that he said something like that to them and they did nothing about it beforehand. But, then you think about how if one of your friends said something like that...would you really think they were serious. I wouldn't, but then again...how f'd up was the kid. If he was that off, or odd, maybe they should have taken him serious.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

What's the "1488" about?

Two 14 word phrases: "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White Children" and "Because the beauty of the White Aryan women must not perish from the earth".

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Rezlooper
so why would a friend of his (who is black) make this extraordinary claim after the guy shot up 9 of his fellow black folks?

If you were a racist and had a black "friend", would you say racists things to him? Just because the black friend never heard him say anything racist doesn't mean he's not racist.

The OVERWHELMING evidence in this case proves that Roof is, indeed, a violent and hateful racist.

Stop making excuses for him

The kind of hate that allows a person to kill would not allow you to be "friends" with the target type.

If I hated gays and killed a group of them I would not be able to stomach gay friends around me.

It makes no sense at all.
The he only shot a few people when that kind of hate should have been a bomb somewhere and much bigger. His calm expression none of it makes sense to me.

Excellent point. I don't think he'd be friends with a black guy if he hated blacks this much, and especially fool the black friend into thinking he isn't a racist. Why even go through that effort?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
And H is the 8th letter in the alphabet so the 88 is Heil Hitler.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

True. I think context would make the difference. If it's one of those "ugh I hate that school I wanna kill that professor" kind of things, maybe not. But if it's all calm and cold and calculating....

And keep in mind, he has no apparent connection to the school according to them.

But really the biggest thing for me is the change from "he did what he said" into "it wasn't the target." I find that to be curious as all hell.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Or he just didn't have the balls to be racist to the guys face..

Like shamrock has said, we are apply rational logic to some one who was clearly irrational.

Who knows why he tolerated that friend.

Does it some how change that what he said to the people, or about the race war?

Or the patches he wore on his jacket or that manifesto?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Maybe because he carried out a shooting.
He told his friend he was going to shoot people and he did.
Just not the original target.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Ah that's right. Brain fart.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Well odd certainly look at a few of the many pictures all he is in the same position and same expression.

www.thedailybeast.com...
edit on 20-6-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

True. I think context would make the difference. If it's one of those "ugh I hate that school I wanna kill that professor" kind of things, maybe not. But if it's all calm and cold and calculating....

And keep in mind, he has no apparent connection to the school according to them.

But really the biggest thing for me is the change from "he did what he said" into "it wasn't the target." I find that to be curious as all hell.

Yeah, almost like they knew more than they said in interview. Like to be that certain of the target, then they had to take him serious.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

The kind of hate that allows a person to kill would not allow you to be "friends" with the target type.

If I hated gays and killed a group of them I would not be able to stomach gay friends around me.

Shamrock is right. You and Rezlooper are trying to apply rational thought to a decidedly irrational mind. You're both talking as if Roof's actions have to follow the same logic the rest of us use.

Exactly. Nothing he did made much "sense", did it? Killing these people didn't make any sense.

originally posted by: Retikx
If this is indeed true then it lends credibility to the theory that this kid had more of a psychotic break with reality vs a deep hatred for black people.

Not really. There are MANY other pieces of evidence that point to a deep hatred for black people rather than a singular psychotic break with reality.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Or he just didn't have the balls to be racist to the guys face..

Like shamrock has said, we are apply rational logic to some one who was clearly irrational.

Who knows why he tolerated that friend.

Does it some how change that what he said to the people, or about the race war?

Or the patches he wore on his jacket or that manifesto?

Well, that's the part that makes the whole damn thing a bit curious.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Shamrock is right. You and Rezlooper are trying to apply rational thought to a decidedly irrational mind. You're both talking as if Roof's actions have to follow the same logic the rest of us use.

Exactly. Nothing he did made much "sense", did it? Killing these people didn't make any sense.

If this is indeed true then it lends credibility to the theory that this kid had more of a psychotic break with reality vs a deep hatred for black people.

Not really. There are MANY other pieces of evidence that point to a deep hatred for black people rather than a singular psychotic break with reality.

There doesn't have to be logic applied at all. If he is so irrational of a mind, all the more difficult for him to "Pretend" to like someone he hates, and to actually be friends.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I don't think it does.

We don't really have the context on how much they associated.
One story of him crashing there one night and that is it.

Also don't see how this could possibly out weigh everything else that seems to point to a racially charged attack.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

But the friend said "he did exactly what he said he was going to do." And followed that with "he talked about shooting up the school."

It appears that he made a specific threat.

Then again, those two don't strike me as the most believable witnesses. They don't seem to give a damn that they knew he was going to kill people beforehand. They don't come across as shocked in any way. The white guy seems to be more worried about being on tv than anything else, given that he makes sure he leans back so that he's in the camera shot when it's focused on the black guy. The black guy's eyes are all over the place and his micro expressions are going a mile a minute.

Wouldn't be the first time somebody claimed to know somebody they didn't.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6]

Maybe he means that Roof did what he was going to do (shoot up some people) but the target wasn't the church, but the university.

Would Roof tell his black "friend" that he was going to attack a black church? He was hiding his racism.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

There doesn't have to be logic applied at all. If he is so irrational of a mind, all the more difficult for him to "Pretend" to like someone he hates, and to actually be friends.

Not necessarily. Without getting in to gory details, my ex wife (again) has boinked and befriended any number of people that at first glance there was no logical explanation for.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join