It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do they make kitty Xanax?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This is Lilith (Lily) - outside catching bugs last weekend....

Sleeping next me -

edit on 18-6-2015 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Xanax is also prescribed to dogs. Years ago I had a dog that I was told had separation anxiety. Every time I left the house, she would destroy things. I lived in an apartment, so lacked a yard to put her in. The vet gave her Xanax and she stopped shredding my home.

The ironic part is that I was being prescribed Xanax for my PTSD at the same point in time - which actually caused the local pharmacy to freak out and become very suspicious. LOL

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

get her a dog to play with!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Lol...I'm pretty sure she wouldn't be too keen on that...

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Thanks for your answers CIA.

Please let me know if she is pushing her tail to one side (Lordosis), especially if you are scratching her at the base of the tail. I ask this question to rule out any Thyroid problems, if she is doing this with her tail I would suggest that you take her to the vets and have a thyroid panel performed. Night calling and squawking can also be related to Thyroid issues too.

From what I can gather for the moment your cat is expressing a very deep attachment to you as her mother and feels the need to spend more time with you.

However, one thing I would definately rule out is that she sleeps with you... a DEFINATE NO NO...

This is a little like giving in and letting your child sleep with you all the time... the child ends up thinking this is normal and will cry and cry until you give in again and let him/her back into your bed.

I know it is hard to do, but the next time you go to bed, close the bedroom door and ignore her if she starts squawking and scratching at the door.

Even if this is hard on your heart and also maybe a little irritating, you have to continue doing this for a month or two until she finally realises that her place is not in your bed but in her cat basket (a bit like saying to the teenager "Ok, it's about time that you start to make your own way in life")...

Try during this time to put a couple of ping pong balls or her her favourite toy, or even better , a toy filled with catnip in her basket and have her food dish always next to it.

Another suggestion : Allocate cuddle time to about 1/2 an hour every day in one go around the same time of day, the rest of the time try to ignore her. She will get used to this ryhthm eventually.

Kindest respects

Nibs

a reply to: CIAGypsy

edit on 19-6-2015 by Nibbles because: NO NO added

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
Thank you to everyone who responded. I appreciate hearing everyone's opinions... I will definitely set up an appointment with the vet just to rule out any health issues and see what they have to say. If there is a non-drug method to help her, I would obviously prefer it over medications...but it is clear that she is trying to tell us something. I treat my pets as if they are family members. At the same time, sleep deprivation isn't healthy for us humans either. The situation is coming to a head and that's why I'm reaching out....for advice.

I appreciate you all for sharing yours!

Good luck, I know it can be very difficult.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Anything new CIA?

Kindest respects

Nibs

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Sorry, I've been away on business. Haven't had the opportunity to check until tomorrow night.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Cat nip?

Seriously though, we have an insane cat, it's a thyroid issue.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nibbles
Anything new CIA?

Kindest respects

Nibs

Okay...I can now positively confirm that she is not pushing her tail to the side when you scratch her on the back at the base of her tail. It just stays straight up in the air.

Haven't had a chance to get her into the vet yet. Will probably be next week before I can make that happen...

However, I'm thinking I agree with you on the maternal attachment idea. Makes sense....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join