It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert: New code for creating accounts, logging-in, and password recovery about to roll-out

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
We have some significantly revamped code for creating new accounts, logging-in, and especially recovering lost/forgotten passwords. I'll be rolling it out from the development server to our live production server today or tomorrow. If you've relied on bookmarked links to log-in, those may not work.

Most of the improvements are related to password recovery -- some people were not getting the emails. We have a completely new service for sending the emails that should get past all your spam/junk filters, and deliver the emails with reliability.

Also, new users will be able to create a new account on ATS using social authentication with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, or YouTube. This new functionality has been fully integrated into new member accounts, and provides a 1-click log-in for users who have been authenticated in this way.

After some testing with the new accounts, if our existing members would like to add social authentication to their accounts, I can look at adding that functionality. The biggest advantage is being able to log into ATS with one-click.

NOTE: for those considering social authentication - we only use the oAuth authentication tokens to confirm identity, we don't use any other data from whichever social network you select.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

First...

2nd...line

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I don't do social media. Ats is it for me! 📡

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Sounds good

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The new code is now running.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Does this mean I can finally recover the password to the account I started back in '06 ?

Naw, I'll just stick with the new one.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I hope this, takes into account those of us who are logged out on a irregular basis..that is to say those who never log out, but get logged out anyway.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
that is to say those who never log out, but get logged out anyway.

It's always been the case that, when you log-in, the cookies that are used for session management expire in 30 days. That's why you seem to get "logged out."

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Since I'm now in my 50's, I like the new LARGER FIELDS for logging in. There also seems to be fewer pop-up and flying ads while I'm trying to log-in. Thank-you forum owners!

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Digging the new log-in setup

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Nifty re design. Now where to log in at ...lol.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

No problems here. I didn't even get logged out. Good deal!

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Awesome! While you are at it could you please make it possible for members to get alerts when the OP they wrote gets responses that do not specify a reply to the OP author. Many times threads get responses and when checking replies in the mail there is nothing there. Would that be possible to integrate?
edit on 14-6-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I always wondered why that would happen too. Thanks for the explanation.

As far as social media authentication goes, I wouldn't object to it for everyone. I would see myself using it for log on or to share threads.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

If you go to this page, you'll see the latest replies to any threads you post.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I understood what you asked.

The 'My ATS' page does the same thing by showing whether a thread you posted has had a reply or not.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
So... Can we change our usernames yet?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Password recovery works now. Email came through!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join