It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAACP Leader and Activist Outed as White Woman

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
A big controversy is brewing as the parents of a White woman apparently passing herself off as a Black woman and is involved in many social issues with the NAACP.

I don't know how true this is, but many will believe whatever is printed and presented.

Perhaps this is some deep conspiracy and/or has deep psychological impacts in all directions.

Does it even matter?

Two sources:

NAACP Leader and Activist Outed as White Woman, Taught Course on ‘The Black Woman’s Struggle’

Spokane NAACP leader Rachel Dolezal falsely portrays herself as black, family says

Controversy is swirling around one of the Spokane region’s most prominent civil rights activists, with family members saying the local leader of the NAACP has falsely portrayed herself as black for years.

Rachel Dolezal is president of the Spokane chapter of the NAACP, chair of the city’s Office of Police Ombudsman Commission, and an adjunct professor at Eastern Washington University.

The Spokesman-Review reported Thursday that questions have arisen about her background and her numerous complaints to police of harassment. The story was first reported by the Coeur d’Alene Press.

What is the agenda with any of this?

edit on Jun-12-2015 by xuenchen because: [_ '-o-' _]27.98

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I guess it doesn't reeeeally matter.
Except if she specifically lied, if people assumed, that's their thing.

Nonetheless - bizzare. Reminds me of that Dave Chapelle skit with the black Klan leader.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I don't know if there is an agenda so much as either A. A woman who is dealing with a lot of baggage, or B. She really is of at least some African heritage and this will get sorted out.

It all seems convoluted. She alleges abuse within the family. It seems like her mother is saying that when she and her husband adopted four African American children she began to change her appearance. Two of her adopted siblings are black and maybe she identified with that culture for whatever reason. If she doesn't have African heritage identifying with the culture is fine IMO, but building a career on a falsehood is not.

I suppose the agenda could just be that she wasn't honest and built her persona and career around that dishonesty. I think that is probably the worst case scenario.

edit on 12-6-2015 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I think Elizabeth Warren would be proud.

#fakeblacklivesmatter2

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
No big deal. Maybe she was part of the NAACP's Affirmative Action program designed to increase diversity in their workplace. She should be proud that she was able to overcome the adversity of being a white woman.

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
But, but what about Trans racilism?

A guy can be a girl, a girl can be a guy, why can't a white woman be a black woman or black woman be a white woman?

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

LoL!

She self identifies as black. Of course. To deny her this job is intolerant.
LOL!

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I liked the way she tried to cover up her lie by saying that we are all African.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

Race is superficial. Gender is not. Massive difference.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Talk about adding fuel to a fire. True or not, this could get a bit ugly.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Also, on a side note: I think it is hilarious that she managed to get to such a high position with this charade, and now tolerant NAACP members are calling for her to be removed and are upset she got this position. This whole story is a freaking gold mine

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I was reading about this earlier. Pretty funny actually. She apparently has a LONG history of odd things that happen around her in regards to racism and stuff. Talk about a messed up person. I think they are going to find she is very unstable, but as an earlier person stated, this is going to bring about the identifying as another race argument....

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The NAACP has released a statement saying that they've accepted people of all colours as community leaders and continue to urge people of all races, religions & genders to become a part of the organisation.

As for her...

She seems like a douchebag.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I don't know what makes me more upset. Her lying or the folks that will defend her lies.

Our Country is in a world of hurt and our people think everyone is a special snowflake that deserves a participation trophy.

I'm soooo sick of the ends justify the means attitudes of people.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

If they did wouldn't they just be called the NAAP or is that taken already?

edit: just check yup seems so, but by more then one party so they could share it I guess.

edit on 12-6-2015 by ObjectZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

You big microaggressive meanie.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

The NAACP has released a statement saying that they've accepted people of all colours as community leaders and continue to urge people of all races, religions & genders to become a part of the organisation.

All well and good and I commend anyone who helps, I think more people should take part in multi-cultural issues as we are all human beings.

However she is a white cracker devil who lied about not being one and deserves all the vilification she gets.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Did you just call me a big midget?lol

And yes, I'm a meanie head!

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

The woman has gone WAY out of her way to say she is black, has a black father, and even two black sons, even though her biological parents say they are of European descent (with a bit of Native American).

She's claimed to have been a victim of 8 or so hate crimes (prior to this scandal coming to light, so I'm assuming she is saying she was a victim of hate crimes against blacks), although she hasn't presented anything to prove this.

Her parents also came out to explain that she is misrepresenting herself and has been for years and that is why they felt the need to speak out about it.

Even check out the pics her parents released - Pre fake curls and spray tan: pic

The fact of the matter is this woman has misrepresented who she is and where her roots are and even refused to comment on if she is actually "African-American" in an interview. If she had been honest with people this wouldn't be a big deal, she still could've made a difference in the civil rights movement and helped the cause but now she's royally screwed herself

edit on 12-6-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You non-politicaly correct baby eater, it's "cheese supporting waffer debil"...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join