It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miami cop kills homeless man in park in front of dozens of kids

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
This must have happened a few hours ago.
And again another one bites the dust.
They shot that guy for holding a metal pipe (etc..). I thought US cops have tasers for that kinda issues

More here..
edit on 12/6/15 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: D0MiNAT0R 1OOO
This must have happened a few hours ago.
And again another one bites the dust.
They shot that guy for holding a metal pipe (etc..). I thought US cops have tasers for that kinda issues

More here..

This happened Thursday morning Dom.

Absolutely disgusting that tasers were not used and the excuse being that LEO had to be certified to use them!!!!

A snippet from the link below :

"People who live nearby said Severe was here all the time, he’s homeless and always carried a metal stick. They really didn’t have to shoot that man. What happened to the Tasers? Why couldn’t they tase him?” said neighbor Stephanie Severance." Llanes said not all officers carry Tasers, because they have to be certified. He would not say whether this officer was carrying a Taser.

A more detailed account can be found here at CBS local in Miami just in case the usual squad of RT haters come along and start giving you grief :

miami.cbslocal.com...

Such a shame that the honest good cops who swore to protect and serve out there are being placed in the same basket of rotten fruit just because some dick with a badge went on a Testosterone trip!

I came across this today as well :

The Santa Ana Police Department will launch an internal affairs investigation after being provided video clips showing officers engaging in questionable behavior during a police raid last month on a medical marijuana dispensary, Police Chief Carlos Rojas told Voice of OC this week. Attorney Matthew Pappas, who edited and produced the clips before providing them to Voice of OC, says the video shows officers eating food laced with marijuana, known in pot lingo as “edibles,” and seized during the raid

Link here for more : www.worldstarhiphop.com...

So it is not just male LEOs going on power trips either!

Kindest respects

Nibs
edit on 12-6-2015 by Nibbles because: Link added

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: D0MiNAT0R 1OOO

How many people have got to die at the hands of your so called Police forces before action it taken? One could possibly conclude that "they" wish to entice your populace to riot.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Cops seem to be on a roll with this kind of mayhem lately.

People are all generally crazy to some extent, I would imagine that being destitute only adds to one's level of crazy.

In light of this, there is still no excuse for so many executions at the hands of idiots with badges. People have been crazy since people have been here. I deal with crazy people... I don't need a gun to do so.

Sadly, I feel this will go to the memory hole. The boot lickers will come defend the actions of a psychopath with a license to kill. The country will be further divided, and it will only get worse from there.

Thanks for bringing it to the forefront for discussion.

It's kind of eye opening to see that whole quote about "People needing to reserve judgement until the facts are in" to paraphrase. That tells me that they know that more and more people are becoming sick of this display of callous authority. I have been trying to take it easy on the boot lickers, because due to a recent personal experience, I have come to realize that boot lickers will eventually see something, or experience an encounter which will show them that things have gotten out of hand.

My silent prayers go out to the deceased.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Come on America, FIGHT BACK FFS !!!!

Im sick to the teeth of reading this EVERY day.

DO SOMETHING !!!!

The land of the free? JOKE

The land of the police state more like.

The police are a legal gang doing as they please. MURDERING innocent civilians.

DO SOMETHING DO SOMETHING FIGHT BACK

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Nibbles

They really didn’t have to shoot that man. What happened to the Tasers? Why couldn’t they tase him?” 

Oh, the cops couldn't take the chance....
It could have been one of those military grade ninja ghost sticks with a 30 bullet round clip magazine belt.
Easy answer, they were scared. So they killed him.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
Come on America, FIGHT BACK FFS !!!!

Im sick to the teeth of reading this EVERY day.

DO SOMETHING !!!!

The land of the free? JOKE

The land of the police state more like.

The police are a legal gang doing as they please. MURDERING innocent civilians.

DO SOMETHING DO SOMETHING FIGHT BACK

What would you do to "fight back"?

Besides using all caps to yell at people on the internet..

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Here in Ireland we had the IRA. Terrorists to the british, but at local level here this kind of police behaviour would be dealt with pretty quick.

An eye for eye

Dont you realise "the land of the free" is the only country in the World were the police MURDER citizens every day?

So whats being done about it? Nothing

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Why is it disgusting that an officer has to be trained to use a Taser? Would you rather they just hand everybody a Taser and say "meh, you'll probably figure it out" or something?

Not all cops have Tasers. Those that do, have to be trained on them. Just like they have to be trained on everything else.

Tasers cost money. You want every officer in the country to have one, make a donation.
edit on 12-6-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Typo

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

There is something being done about it.

I am against outright bloodshed.. It could ultimately be the death of me.

I don't think you understand the level of cooperation you are asking for here. The insanity is widespread, but not lethal in many, many cases. Do you see that anybody that even resembles or momentarily reacts in a "Perceived" threatening manner is summarily executed on SIGHT??????

The cowards are the ones doing the executing just as they always have. Some victims die, and some come out brave... It comes down to being pushed to the "draw".....

Everybody knows that words go only so far, even when dealing with an idiot, which has a badge that grants a gun.....

I love my gun, I'm not anti-gun... You need a gun to take down a mafia.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I dont know what to say anymore.
kind of a symbolic representation for the people killed in the war against the United States civilian.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

And are the police not like a mafia?

A gang?

They are supposed to uphold the law yet they are commiting henious crimes every day

Someone has to do something and words ain't gonna do it

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Why is it disgusting that an officer has to be trained to use a Taser? Would you rather they just hand everybody a Taser and say "meh, you'll probably figure it out" or something?

Not all cops have Tasers. Those that do, have to be trained on them. Just like they have to be trained on everything else.

Tasers cost money. You want every officer in the country to have one, make a donation.

I believe you have misunderstood my words Shamrock

I expressed my personal disgust and then repeated in my own words what was said by an official spokesman in the link provided, did you read the snippet I copied and look at the link?

I shall elaborate my phrase below :

I think it is disgusting that the police officer in question was not ALSO equipped with a taser as a non lethal method of disabling the suspected perpetrator instead of using the lethal method with his firearm.

And are not all cops equipped with pepper spray as another non lethal solution if their life is not at risk, or does this differ in different states and counties?

Should not all LEOs be equipped with both methods in order that lesser lives (sometimes innocent) are lost?

What do other members here think?

And to answer your comment/question about every officer in the country having one... well, if you look at the majority of the police force in the USA they certainly have enough money or have been granted enough money to purchase military style firearms and equipment (from what we hear and read), so how much more would a taser cost for each officer to make a difference in protecting and serving their community?

I am not making a donation as I do not live in the USA.

Kindest respects

Nibs
edit on 12-6-2015 by Nibbles because: Phrase changed

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

These days it seems the Police dont so much as uphold the law of the land. Rather they seem to dish out there own particular brand of overtly totalitarian justice. Quite frankly they seem to be nothing more than a paramilitary force with there own agenda to satisfy or axe to grind.

edit on 12-6-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
If a civilian CHL shot that many times even if he was being mugged you would have to wonder what a grand jury would say... ? You stop shooting when the threat is neutralized... or so I was taught

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Ah. Apologies for the confusion then.

Much of the money for firearms comes from grants from the federal government. At least the souped up patrol rifles and SWAT gear. Standard sidearms are often the only weapon the department itself actually pays for. And, little known fact, many (I have no idea how many, but more than a few) agencies require that their officers pay for their own firearms.

More Tasers would be great, but they aren't the end all be all for things. They would probably save some lives, but the flip side is that they still kill people.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I realize that, so many realize that... The situation I'm trying to allude to is 5 here, 20 there, 100 over there, 1000 over them hills yonder. None of that is going to cut it on what you are suggesting.. Especially when that 1125 don't even realize they could be a team.

The division is deep.

It is sad for me.

I live here.

They are the largest gang in the world.

The outsiders' perspective is astute in many ways.

Many of you have the experience of going against a seemingly unbreakable barrier.

We don't, but we are about to find out. It's just a feeling...

A few rich, stupid, psychotic, S#!+bags of humanity are attempting to kill us for our existence, when that is what we were raised and brought up to believe in.

We just can't all go ape-2#!+ individually or we will end up just like the newly deceased.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Ah. Apologies for the confusion then.

Much of the money for firearms comes from grants from the federal government. At least the souped up patrol rifles and SWAT gear. Standard sidearms are often the only weapon the department itself actually pays for. And, little known fact, many (I have no idea how many, but more than a few) agencies require that their officers pay for their own firearms.

More Tasers would be great, but they aren't the end all be all for things. They would probably save some lives, but the flip side is that they still kill people.

No problems Shamrock.

And what about pepper spray which is another non lethal way of stopping someone?

Don't all LEO officers carry a canister on their gunbelts in the USA?

ETA : Over here in France all police are equipped with service pistols, tasers, tonfas and pepper spray, shooting incidents are extremely rare because of the use of non lethal equipment

Kindest respects

Nibs
edit on 12-6-2015 by Nibbles because: Phrase added

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
One of the big differences now is that police departments have been centralized, and you don't have local cops walking the beat. Instead they are going round in pairs cruising in cars. That means they don't get to know the local problems and who's who. Now any mumbling homeless guy with a bit of metal in his hand has been to be considered a psychotic drug addict high on hallucinogenics with a weapon of mass destruction.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Great point considering there is a lot to be said for community Police. Certainly adds some context to any situation that happens to transpire should the attending officer happen to know the individual and/or the lay of the land.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join