It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obvious hate crime here in Philly but the cops and media won' touch it

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
If this was four whites attacking blacks, I'm sure Rev. Al would be screaming hate crime and Obama's boys would be here.

"150 to 200 people gathered at 4th and Wolf to protest a rash of what they claim are racial attacks at the hands of four black women who live nearby.

"These females have been terrorizing the neighborhood; they have robbed, attacked and beat others in our neighborhood," event organizer Jack Owens said.

A man who did not want to be identified says he and his 10-year-old son were among the victims".
6abc.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
All violent crimes are hate crimes.

It makes no difference why you assaulted somebody, you did and you should pay the price. There doesn't need to be another class of crimes created just based on skin color.

In any case, sounds like the police department dropped the ball, or we aren't getting the full story.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
There doesn't need to be another class of crimes created just based on skin color.

Or any other differentiator.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

If this was four whites attacking blacks, I'm sure Rev. Al would be screaming hate crime and Obama's boys would be here.

Imagine that. A thread about race and violence that not only mentions Al Sharpton, but also takes a swipe at Obama as well.

How original.

Anyway, I doubt Al would show up over this considering that no one was seriously injured and it seems more like a simple failure of the police than anything else.

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Likely nothing will come of this until one of the attackers gets shot and killed by a white person, cop or civilian.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Imagine that. A thread about race and violence that not only mentions Al Sharpton, but also takes a swipe at Obama as well.

How original.

Anyway, I doubt Al would show up over this considering that no one was seriously injured and it seems more like a simple failure of the police than anything else.

"No one was seriously injured..........." ..........yet. I live here and am hearing things. "The failure of the police", unless they do something, is going to lead to a racially motivated revenge attack, where someone will be seriously injured. That's when there will be widespread coverage by the lib media and the feds, but what led up to that event won't even be mentioned. Then, and only then, will it be categorized as a hate crime. All you libs are apathetic unless of course when something happens to you or yours, then it becomes serious.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

All you libs are apathetic unless of course when something happens to you or yours, then it becomes serious.

This is the entire problem with how we approach issues. Too many people view news and events through a filter of their own political views. That's why you had to throw in the jab at Al and Obama. It's become obligatory for anyone to include in their comments when discussing issues like.

It lacks originality and free thought.

Also, I'm not liberal. You assume too much.

My point is that we focus too much on these sorts of stories to push a racial narrative. We fall for it every time.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

All you libs are apathetic unless of course when something happens to you or yours, then it becomes serious.

This is the entire problem with how we approach issues. Too many people view news and events through a filter of their own political views. That's why you had to throw in the jab at Al and Obama. It's become obligatory for anyone to include in their comments when discussing issues like.

My point is that we focus too much on these sorts of stories to push a racial narrative. We fall for it every time.

Next time a hot button story comes up where a white is accused of a hate crime against a black I hope you practice what you preach.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

A jab at Al and Obama? My point is, and maybe I'm mistaken, they only weigh in on situations where there has been a black victim such as Travon, Mike Brown, etc. at the hands of a cop or a white, never where it's a white victim. I'm falling for a "racial narrative"? This situation in Phila. is all about race. It's the CNNs and MSNBCs that make it all about race and exacerbate situations when the victims are minorities.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

My point is, and maybe I'm mistaken, they only weigh in on situations where there has been a black victim such as Travon, Mike Brown, etc. at the hands of a cop or a white, never where it's a white victim.

You're mistaken. Both Sharpton and Obama speak to the Black communities about their problems and are quite critical.

The problem is that you don;t hear about it much because that is not newsworthy in and of itself.

It's the CNNs and MSNBCs that make it all about race and exacerbate situations when the victims are minorities.

Correct. And it's also the other side of that political spectrum, like Fox and the conservative media, that do the same thing when the victims are whites or Christians.

The key is to turn off the tv, avoid the propaganda from both sides and form an opinion based on your own critical thinking skills.

Regurgitating the obligatory "Al and Obama" nonsense is not part of that process.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

"150 to 200 people gathered at 4th and Wolf to protest a rash of what they claim are racial attacks at the hands of four black women who live nearby.

"These females have been terrorizing the neighborhood; they have robbed, attacked and beat others in our neighborhood," event organizer Jack Owens said.

A man who did not want to be identified says he and his 10-year-old son were among the victims".
6abc.com...

Media wont touch it.... links local news.

I'm not trying to discredit the other part of your thread by saying that. Philly is horrible for racial injustice. It goes both ways. Maybe i've been influenced by my skin but it seems to be leaning more black against white. I know many hate crimes in philly are never filed as such but rather "assault". This city is a f'ing mess.
edit on 3-6-2015 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Where is that damn reset button...

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

originally posted by: UnBreakable

6abc.com...

Media wont touch it.... links local news.

Ya, local news only so far. When I find a national news outlet covering it, like they did in Ferguson when there was a black victim, I'll link that and apologize for my generalization.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I get what you're saying. I guess I was just thinking that it doesn't really matter though. Local news or national. This country needs to have a serious debate and discussion about the truths are racial tension. These stories only fuel the fire for those with lots of hatred in their hearts. Even though the information is good to have it's just best we don't take it how they spoon feed it to us.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I get what you're saying. I guess I was just thinking that it doesn't really matter though. Local news or national. This country needs to have a serious debate and discussion about the truths are racial tension. These stories only fuel the fire for those with lots of hatred in their hearts. Even though the information is good to have it's just best we don't take it how they spoon feed it to us.

Well that is exactly the problem. People never want to bring Obama or anyone else into the equation when that is exactly who needs to be unbiased in these situations and unfortunately has portrayed a lot of bias. How do you propose we have a countrywide debate on this without involving MSM and the government? These stories are pushed by the government controlled media arms. The reason some go bigger than others is influence from the top.

When people try to disseminate they can't, simply because it is controlled.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: MoreBeer

Next time a hot button story comes up where a white is accused of a hate crime against a black I hope you practice what you preach.

Introvert is just spouting the liberal narrative.

As long as Black people are committing the crime,
it must be excused.
In the minds of liberals/progressives/Democrats
it is due to white privilege, poverty,
not enough government dollars given to them for education,
housing, free phones, etc.
It is never the fault of the Black person
they are to be excused as so infantile and dependent
upon government that they have no real mind of their own
nor are they able to take responsibility for their actions.
Poor dears, the liberal/progressive/Democratic Party
patronizing infantalizing mindset about black criminals has
become a major part of the problem.

An earlier poster was correct,

if they are eventually stopped by a white police officer,

all he-- will break loose and the white officer will be excoriated and crucified.

edit on 8Wed, 03 Jun 2015 08:47:34 -0500am60306amk033 by grandmakdw because: addition format

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Well that is exactly the problem. People never want to bring Obama or anyone else into the equation when that is exactly who needs to be unbiased in these situations and unfortunately has portrayed a lot of bias. How do you propose we have a countrywide debate on this without involving MSM and the government? These stories are pushed by the government controlled media arms. The reason some go bigger than others is influence from the top.

When people try to disseminate they can't, simply because it is controlled.

Yep, you hit the point and encapsulate it a lot better than me.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

This isn't even comparable to Ferguson.

a reply to: Vasa Croe

People never want to bring Obama or anyone else into the equation when that is exactly who needs to be unbiased in these situations

What the hell can Obama do about these sorts of issues? Sign an executive order? Push a bill through congress requiring everyone to not be racist?

All Obama can do is speak publicly about such issues, and he does, but it's just considered more race-baiting by those that disagree with him politically.

That's the entire point. The only reason people invoke his name, or names like Sharpton, is for partisan political purposes.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw
Or perhaps the logical, sensible, thinking sentient being narrative.

edit on 6/3/2015 by ~Lucidity because: realized not all sentient creatures are necessarily humam

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

originally posted by: MoreBeer

Introvert is just spouting the liberal narrative.

As long as Black people are committing the crime,
it must be excused.
In the minds of liberals/progressives/Democrats
it is due to white privilege, poverty,
not enough government dollars given to them for education,
housing, free phones, etc.
It is never the fault of the Black person
they are to be excused as so infantile and dependent
upon government that they have no real mind of their own
nor are they able to take responsibility for their actions.
Poor dears, the liberal/progressive/Democratic Party
patronizing infantalizing mindset about black criminals has
become a major part of the problem.

An earlier poster was correct,

if they are eventually stopped by a white police officer,

all he-- will break loose and the white officer will be excoriated and crucified.

How am I "spouting" the liberal narrative when I have not said anything like what you listed?

I have only discussed the political motivation behind the language being used. That's it.

In fact, you have eloquently reinforced my initial premise.

Thank you.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join