It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Under Surveillance By Terror Investigators Is Killed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
MSN

So this happened this morning, right up the street from me... probably about 10-15 minutes after I passed the exact location on the bus. I had no idea about until I got home and turned on the local news. Passed the location again on the way home but was on the opposite side of the street looking out the opposite window. (News copters still hovering over the scene though police, FBI etc... have long cleared out.)

Link to local news video (WCVB)

Neighbors say the man was always pleasant.

BOSTON — A man under 24-hour surveillance by terrorism investigators was shot and killed outside a pharmacy Tuesday after he lunged with a knife at a city police officer and an FBI agent, police said.

Police Commissioner Williams Evans said members of the Joint Terrorism Task Force approached 26-year-old Usaama Rahim in the city's Roslindale neighborhood just after 7 a.m. to question him about "some terrorist-related information" they had received when he came at officers with a large military-style knife.

He said officers repeatedly ordered Rahim to drop the knife, but he continued to move toward them with it. He said task force members fired their guns, hitting Rahim once in the torso and once in the abdomen. He was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Local news stations are also reporting at least two different investigations currently going on in other cities around Boston and one in Rhode Island that may be related.

Surreal at the moment.
edit on 6/2/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Maybe this explains the plane surveillance I've seen several times over the past couple of years. Also saw a Chinook fly over the train station when I was waiting for the bus to get home... didn't know at the time what had happened a 15 minute walk down the street this morning and I have no idea if they're connected or not. We do have an army post (tiny) nearby but I've never seen a Chinook flying around here in my entire life.

Who knows...

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

The neighbor was always pleasant... but was secretly plotting something sinister the whole time (by the sounds of it)

Just like most psychopaths, who can seem very nice and are charismatic, but they use that charm to lure in unsuspecting victims.

Scary times.. glad the officers are okay. Unfortunate for the other guy but they did direct him to drop the weapon (as they say) so he was given an opportunity to comply.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

There's tons of cctv cameras around that parking lot... so I don't think this will be one of the questionable killings cases. I'm more worried about whether the guy was actually a would be terrorist or was he mentally ill and snapped.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
One less terrorist scumbag in the world.

Good to know they know at least some of these lunatics to watch.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

By watching us all... No thank-you.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

If you live close by and the information is accurate. I would be more concerned that he was part of a terrorist cell. So I would suggest for the safety of your family and friends to remain vigilant regardless .

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

By watching us all... No thank-you.

They were specifically watching him.

They may have got first tuned in to him though by generally monitoring for terror content.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Not gonna lie, I'm really freaked out.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

generally monitoring for terror content.

As I said, no thank-you. Even as freaked out as I am at the moment... no. I will never be okay with constant surveillance.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

MSN

So this happened this morning, right up the street from me... probably about 10-15 minutes after I passed the exact location on the bus. I had no idea about until I got home and turned on the local news. Passed the location again on the way home but was on the opposite side of the street looking out the opposite window. (News copters still hovering over the scene though police, FBI etc... have long cleared out.)

Link to local news video (WCVB)

Neighbors say the man was always pleasant.

BOSTON — A man under 24-hour surveillance by terrorism investigators was shot and killed outside a pharmacy Tuesday after he lunged with a knife at a city police officer and an FBI agent, police said.

Police Commissioner Williams Evans said members of the Joint Terrorism Task Force approached 26-year-old Usaama Rahim in the city's Roslindale neighborhood just after 7 a.m. to question him about "some terrorist-related information" they had received when he came at officers with a large military-style knife.

He said officers repeatedly ordered Rahim to drop the knife, but he continued to move toward them with it. He said task force members fired their guns, hitting Rahim once in the torso and once in the abdomen. He was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Local news stations are also reporting at least two different investigations currently going on in other cities around Boston and one in Rhode Island that may be related.

Surreal at the moment.

Hard to believe the number of ME TOO! You are sooooo right! replies to this OP. Like really hard to believe.

I thought ATS was supposed to have critical thinkers?
The USG says the dead suspect was on a terror watch and that's all you need? Just pile all your lame assumptions and torch them along with the Constitution, Magna Carta, the Geneva convention, the Nuremberg code. FFS! Who's next to get the terrorist label and disappear?
edit on 2-6-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I said nothing of the sort...

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

generally monitoring for terror content.

As I said, no thank-you. Even as freaked out as I am at the moment... no. I will never be okay with constant surveillance.

I say no thank you to terrorists, poof they are all off the earth......damn it didn't work.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

He probably specifically wrote something on his facebook page that he was a terrorist...after much debate the FBI decided it probably was a clue and while going to talk to him he tried to stab them....they will then turn around and try to show how all the nsa surveillance helped stop this terrorist act!

Just sarcasm.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Update:

A man has been arrested in Everett (city next to Boston) in connection and police are on scene in Rhode Island stating they are also working a scene in connection.

Allegedly the man killed this morning was approached for questioning after the joint terrorist task force learned he was going to be targeting law enforcement.

Police have also released a statement that the whole thing was caught on video and they will be releasing the video to community leaders and the public.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Just a couple Towns over from me too Kali. Every News Story had to stress "The Military Style Knife", rather than "knife". This is on going with another person detained in Everett and yet another in Rhode Island.

I guess the focus is on what they are calling "Lone Wolf Terrorists".

link

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

I don't think we'll get any more info for a while.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I said nothing of the sort...

I saw that desert motif Chinook too, it was weird to see flying over the city.

I think Howie Carr was talking about the knife wielding guy before I shut off the car.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
One less terrorist scumbag in the world.

Good to know they know at least some of these lunatics to watch.

I agree IF the police are telling the truth !

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I find it a little strange that the police and FBI decided to confront him on the sidewalk at 7 in the morning? Why not get a warrant and go to his house, place of work, etc. Police do not typically confront suspects in the middle of the street while they are out getting bread and milk. It just seems very odd to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join