It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like Ireland's referendum on gay marriage is a Yes.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Megatronus
Marriages sole purpose is a union of two people. The fact some have children is by the by. Not all couples the get married want kids and not all couple that have kids want to get married. Marriage is simply a union nothing more nothing less.

There was a time in the past where children were very important for survival. If you research pioneer days in America, you will find women often had to prove they could bear children prior to marriage, because a built in workforce was needed to survive.

Today, there really is no NEED for children. There is more need for successful mature contributors to a stable community.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

I've always said that the idea Jesus would condone the way some Christians behave toward homosexuals is laughable. The man supposedly spent all his time actively seeking out, supporting, defending and most importantly not judging prostitutes and people deemed social outcasts. It's his whole gig, peace, love and equality and all that. if he were alive today he would probably be horrified at how badly his life's work has been lost and misused.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Megatronus
a reply to: neformore

I've always said that the idea Jesus would condone the way some Christians behave toward homosexuals is laughable. The man supposedly spent all his time actively seeking out, supporting, defending and most importantly not judging prostitutes and people deemed social outcasts. It's his whole gig, peace, love and equality and all that. if he were alive today he would probably be horrified at how badly his life's work has been lost and misused.

Very true. If you research Southern Baptist you will find, at least in part, they were founded by descendants of the Puritans. And if you research the Puritans, you will find they were not persecuted, but practically booted out of England for trying to force their brand of extreme Christianity as government rule.

Man manipulating religion for power.

edit on 25-5-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I'll have to have a look into that, it sounds pretty interesting. The research i've done into religion has never included the various denominations so it will be interesting to look at.

To me this is religions biggest flaw, its ability to be manipulated for bad. Im just glad Ireland has put their collective foot down and drawn a line.
edit on 26-5-2015 by Megatronus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I'm sure that the homosexuals in our society are thrilled that someone who would marry a goat or a 15 year old is sticking up for them.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Okay, so let's let the world keep falling apart while you debate the merits of who other people are sleeping with.

Just for the heck of it, I'd like you to make a list of some of the world's deeply troubling problems and rank them in order of their severity.

Gay rights as number one?

I think not.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss
a reply to: boymonkey74

Okay, so let's let the world keep falling apart while you debate the merits of who other people are sleeping with.

Just for the heck of it, I'd like you to make a list of some of the world's deeply troubling problems and rank them in order of their severity.

Gay rights as number one?

I think not.

Gay rights? NO!

EQUALITY. EQUAL RIGHTS. Same as everyone else.

Again, you reveal your true feelings against this minority.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

But you keep coming back to this thread! have you not got better things to do?.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It isn't a illness and no amount of bleating from you will make it one.

It is an illness... you just havn't admitted it to yourself and neither have the rest of them.

Homosexuality is not an illness. It's a sexual orientation.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join