It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stray Cat May Have Saved Me Today

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Great story! That is one brave cat.

Sal

a reply to: LoverBoy

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I have a male cat that is very attached to me. His name is Dominic. A couple of weeks ago, my dogs were at the bottom of the stairs having a little tiff over a chew bone. I was there yelling at them to stop fighting. This cat, who was upstairs, came bounding down the stairs towards the fighting dogs. I wondered at the time why he would run towards the dogs fighting instead of away from them. Now I'm convinced that he was running to my rescue.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv
Most definitely! I never really truly respected cats until now. It is obvious they have some sort of protective instinct. I think she was looking after my son because my son shows her much love everytime he goes outside.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Summer7

I don't believe you understand cats at all. I have 11, and they all "stick around", even though I live in the middle of nowhere and they can go where they want. Scientific studies have proven that cats ARE territorial, they choose their spot and will wander in hunting mode approximately an acre or two around their place, but they stay put. They also become very attached to their humans. All my kitties will walk with me around the acreage as I stroll around, they love walking with their people, although they stop at a certain point and will wait, as it goes beyond their safe zone.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoverBoy
Let me start off by saying I have never been a cat person. I have one dog which is outside in a fence, and 2 inside dogs who I couldn't bribe to be outside. I had a cat show up on my back deck a year ago, and she was probably 6 months old. I never messed with her or really gave her the time of day.

My 2 year old son plays outside, and when he does this cat always comes around. He seems to like her and she's gentle with him so I just let it be.

Today my son and I were outside near my back deck playing and I noticed the cat sitting on the wooden railing of my deck. I heard a growl/bark and see a pitbull charging us growling and barking. I grabbed my son and attemped to make it to the door to get him inside. As im doing this, the little female cat flies off the porch at the pit completely fearless of this dog. I got my son inside, grabbed my firearm and went outside to see the cat still chasing the pit down the street.

I called animal control and they picked up 2 pits, one being the one who charged me. I never saw the second one at the time but they said they were together further down the neighborhood. They said both pits were ate up with bite marks around their snouts indicating they have been fought. When all was said and done, I sat down on my deck and rubbed the cat for about an hour. This cat is now named kit kat, and she is going to be well taken care of and part of my family now. I'm still amazed at how fearless this tiny female cat was running down a big male pit without hesitation.

this is an interesting story...

i have a girl cat but i suspect she a naturally wussy. lol. why? cuz she was chased by a neighbor big dog years back and she was so scared she jump on top of wooden fence and skillfully balance walk by and hissed at the dog.

but i don't think the dog was aggressive .... maybe he just wanted to play or chased cat for fun. lol.

but i do think dogs/cats have that mystique and people can love them more than other people. lol. well i do anyways,lol.

i think people rather give their money to the pet than their wretched ex in divorce.

dogs/cats are not dishonest, dishonorable like people can be and these are part of the mystique i think.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join