It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psych test looks inside serial killers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   
LONDON, May 28 � Scientists have adapted a standard psychological test that detects underlying prejudices to delve into the minds of psychopathic murderers. Serial killers can be adept at lying and deception, and may turn on the charm to confuse their interrogators, but researchers at Cardiff University in Wales say their test reveals implicit beliefs.

The test, which requires people to perform tasks and answer questions by computer, shows that psychopathic murderers have more positive reactions to violence than other offenders, which may underpin their actions and help to expose those most likely to kill.

The test is designed to prevent faking, so violent criminals who may try to deceive police or psychologists would not be able to fool the computer, Gray said.

www.msnbc.com...

There is a link at the end of the article with sample tests.

implicit.harvard.edu... - demonstration site

Reminds me of the movie Minority Report in the regard that they are going to try and administer these tests and try to prevent crimes before they happen.

I'm all for it if its effective, but what happens when someone "fails" ? What do you do with them, you cant strip them of any rights if they havent done anything wrong yet, or will they??

They do say that they primarily would like to use it on somebody that has already committed a crime and is up for parole to determine if the person is likely to commit crime again.

What do you think of this?

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Reminds me of the movie Minority Report in the regard that they are going to try and administer these tests and try to prevent crimes before they happen.

That would be EXTREMELY unethical of any psychologist to make a recommendation like that based off of a single test. License revoked, thank you please drive through.

I'll have to look into the psychometrics of it when I have time.

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I was at a Center for human right for individuals that have been medicated for mental instability. They had a Senate Court record where a womans child was placed on antidepressant for his behavior. Once she noticed a declinbe in his ambotious behavior se took him off the drugs. 3 Weeks later he killed himself. I think he was 13.
In a lawsuit that she created aginst that state a state research analyist testified in her behalf stating that in no proir or past medical examination has any patient ever displayed any mental requirement that would cause them medication. So this means all the medication given to the patients is nothiong more than a marketing tool.
The word physiciatry came from a german researcher. Who was a Nazi. Physiciatry is probably the most renouned of all mind control activity.

new topics

join