It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is Your Philosophy On Life (from ATSNN)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Do you have a list of certain things you believe in personally that you feel everyone should believe as well? Are you a philosopher? Here is your opportunity to express your innermost feelings about what you believe in and why.

We all come from different geographical backgrounds. We have different personalities, perspectives, and we perceive what we see and read everyday according to our own personal belief system. Sometimes what we believe, we expect other people to think and feel the same way, however, this is not always the reality. This is because everyone has their own philosophy on life and many of us build our lives around our personal belief system not steering too far from the boundaries that define our system. There have been many great philosophers in the history of mankind: Socrates, Plato, Artistole, Nietzsche, and Francis Bacon to name a few. Have you ever looked at yourself as a philosopher? Well here is your chance to. Here is your chance to let the world know what you believe in. Please reply with one to five things you believe in personally that you feel other people should too.

Related News Links:
www.adherents.com
www.gac.edu
www.philosophyquotes.com

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It seems pretty obvious to me that NO ONE quite honestly has a philosophy on life that they would like to share. I'm going to regenerate this post. Someone has to have SOMETHING

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
We are independent individuals we have our own personal views and believes on life and when we look for a partner we wish to find somebody that shares them as well.

Is that possible? yes in a way, that is why people join groups, religious groups, social groups or remind in close family groups.

But still we all have different views on the same things we see we just politely agree with them, at least most of the time.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Yes I a have a couple.

1. Let people live there lives.
2. Treat as you want to be treated.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Life really is what you make it.

The meaning of life is to evolve...to experience the world through our youth, learning and being in awe of the complexities before us, Young people are like supersponges that way...they absorb whatever interests them right up until they start families.

With such a heavy newfound responsibility we enter a 'pupa state' where we are imprisoned by the demands of our world to provide for ourselves and our family, turning inwards and finding relief from what we have discovered by hard work. Work has an effect that frees the mind in a lot of ways, opening up the subjective side of our brains and relegating the objective to menial tasks. Often, this is when religion enters our consciousnous. We are upon a cross of a different kind and struggle to find meaning in all we have learned.

Then, if we are extremely lucky, having lived a life of reason and discipline, it is our reward to go gracefully on, having the wisdom of experience to accept the meaning of life...to evolve.

Then we say; "Hi, Nous...been a lifetime..."

Well...that's about my take on the 'Meaning of Life', anyways. Perhaps 42 is a better answer after all.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
1. Follow the ten commandments
2. Believe in Jesus Christ as the son of God
3. Protect the innocent and those unable to protect themselves.
4. Destroy evil, not just "let it alone, seek it out and destroy it".
5. Convince the insane they need help, for they know not what they do
6. The world is Black and White (ie right and wrong).
7. FEED THE SICK
8. Teach the hungry to feed themselves
9. All mankind is created 'equal" but that doesn't mean equal "results".
10. Deny Ignorance
Even when they accuse you of it.........

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Live life for the moment, for who knows what tomorrow may bring. Treat others as you would like to be treated.
Keep a smile on your face as often as possible. Have a sense of humor and dont be too serious about life. Its a short life.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
7. FEED THE SICK
10. Deny Ignorance

Nicely done DrHoracid!

Life is a blank canvas, you determine what to paint!

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
7. FEED THE SICK
10. Deny Ignorance

This sounds like it was written by a combination of Charlton Heston and John Wayne. So if we should teach the hungry to feed themselves as well as feed the sick, shouldn't we teach the sick to feed themselves????

Peace

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Dr.Horacid for a man that has been married so many times it seems to me that you most have forgotten some of the above list you got there

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
This sounds like it was written by a combination of Charlton Heston and John Wayne.

Peace

Thank you...thats the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me [wipes away long tears from face]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Marg, dr Horacid is a very holy man.

I'm sure he adheres by his philosophy 24/7

(While he's out in Japan buying breast developing gum for the girls)

Just joking, DR.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I like Dr. Horacid I think he is just Dr. Horacid and behind all the controversy he surround himself with, I think he is just a man in need of attentio

Maybe a lonely man.

How about your pic in your avatar.................

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Could I just ask, why is this in website-related?

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lyriox
Could I just ask, why is this in website-related?

Because I moved it here from the Current Events forum.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Because I moved it here from the Current Events forum.

lol, okay, but why here? Philosophy on life isn't website-related, hence my confusion.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
about philosohpy in life let's say bring balance in every thing you do.
equilibrium is key!

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Knowledge
Do you have a list of certain things you believe in personally that you feel everyone should believe as well? Are you a philosopher? Here is your opportunity to express your innermost feelings about what you believe in and why.

We all come from different geographical backgrounds. We have different personalities, perspectives, and we perceive what we see and read everyday according to our own personal belief system. Sometimes what we believe, we expect other people to think and feel the same way, however, this is not always the reality. This is because everyone has their own philosophy on life and many of us build our lives around our personal belief system not steering too far from the boundaries that define our system. There have been many great philosophers in the history of mankind: Socrates, Plato, Artistole, Nietzsche, and Francis Bacon to name a few. Have you ever looked at yourself as a philosopher? Well here is your chance to. Here is your chance to let the world know what you believe in. Please reply with one to five things you believe in personally that you feel other people should too.

Related News Links:
www.adherents.com
www.gac.edu
www.philosophyquotes.com

Mine is:

"One should put the 'we' before the 'I', because the benefit of society is also the benefit of one, but the benefit of one is not always the benefit of society."

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
1- We all have a time to die, and since I have been dead 3 times, I know this to be true.
2- We need all faiths and belief structures, as new souls are like children in belief.
3- If you do not believe in G-d, you are in for a big surprise.
4- Only question one is asked after death is "how did you treat your fellow beings"?, not what you name is nor how much $$ you have..
5-When doing anything, ask yourself is it for the good of all concerned?

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Treat people with respect.
Learn as much as you can about everything.
Be honest.

Those should apply to everybody. I also think the 10 Commandments are really good too. I've got lots more but those are the only ones I can sum up succinctly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join