It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 Misdirection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I've heard a lot of theories regarding Area 51 and would like to propose my own.....

What if the crash landing was that of a satallite? Think about it.....The populus at the time weren't familiar with the concept yet and the cover-up could have been for national security reasons.

Any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
I've heard a lot of theories regarding Area 51 and would like to propose my own.....

What if the crash landing was that of a satallite? Think about it.....The populus at the time weren't familiar with the concept yet and the cover-up could have been for national security reasons.

Any thoughts?

There was no known crash landing at area 51 do you mean Roswell?

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Yes, thank you for the clarification. Been a long morning....

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
A satelite would burn up in the atmosphere on they way back down

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Excuse me if i'm questioning the obvious but why would they need to cover up the crash of a satellite for national security reasons? Did they have top secret satellites in orbit back then?

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
There where no satellites back in 1947... not until 1957 (Sputnik).

Maybe it was only a Mogul Project ballon... nothing more

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Id ont know what crashed at roswell but I can say this, It wasnt a balloon, and it came from space. (Man-made or not,it came from space.)

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Nice clarification there

Could have been a small asteroid, maybe a UFO or top secret satellite.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Nope, obviously not a satellite (for the reasons mentioned above...primarily the YEAR).

And that would make it worth classifying for over half a century? Longer than the U2, or the A-Bomb? Be serious. Not to mention that the "official" USAF explaination is so full of holes it's a strainer. What about the claim that the "bodies" seen be witnesses were actually parachute dummies? It was then found that such dummies 1) weren't even part of Mogul and 2) were part of tests done about 5 years AFTER the Roswell crash???

The original theory of the thread was it could have been a crashed satellite.

1. This was before satellites (and if we had them up there prior, you can bet we would have crowed it to the world, just to beat Russia).

2. Such a recovery would not be classified for over 50 years.

'Nuff said....
There are quite a few existing and in depth threads on Roswell here on ATS if you're looking for more details. I would use "Roswell" and "crash" in the Search function to get the best return.

[edit on 22-12-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Last night on SCI-FI they had the whole Roswell story. The witnesses are genuinely honest (and pretty old at this time- I have a hard time not believing old people..lol) and I just believe what they are telling me.

One older gentelman had seen pictures of 3 beings laying down on the floor (ok, maybe they could have been dummies), but he said he also saw 2 "dummies" STANDING next to each other. Dummies can't stand on their own.

The DoD has been involved in many alleged ufo incidents. In order for this to happen, they must take these incidents as a matter of national security (read threat). They don't go wasting their time on bogus stories.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
He'd also have to be a time traveller, as he'd have been looking at dummies used in an experiment 5 years after the event, hehe...
The "dummy" idea is already tossed out the window.... They weren't part of Mogul, or anything else in the area, in 1947.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Yeah, I saw the show on sci-fi also. STARTLING NEW EVIDENCE my pitoot. Any word on those soil samples. For those of you who didn't see it: They brought in some hodge podge scientists and the daughter of a soldier stationed in Roswell to dig up the ground where the crash is believed to have taken place. They filled 60 some odd bags with dirt to be scrutinized under a microscope to check for hard evidence of a downed craft. They implied they would be releasing the results of the study on the Sci-fi website. The only good thing about the show was the A-plus job they did setting up the background and ET culture in America when the Roswell incident took place. The Government was offering money for evidence of a flying disc when the cowboy stumbled across it.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Yeah..as far as the soil samples go, I think the gov't would have made sure the entire area was searched with a fine tooth comb. I don't think they would have left any bit of soil unturned.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
You can rule out the sattelite idea for sure. But it was definately something there, and i would doubt it was any test baloons of some sort. One of my friends recently bought authentic soil samples for the roswell crash site. 4 samples @ $2.00 US each to be exact. He spoke to the seller on the phone and she swore it was the true story, and they just wanted to sell a bit of UFO history, as the bucket was rusting(?) and they had been hauling it around for 17 years, keeping the dirt in their basement or garage. Anyways the samples came and it WAS indeed postmarked FROM Roswell N,M, he still has the envelope as well...SO he sent a sample to his friend at UFOBC, Graham Conway and HE sent it to U of T for analysis,he has the disk with the results found as well........It was analyzed and WAS found to have alien particles in it. He surmised a metoer had crashed in the region the sample was taken. He could say if it was from out side our solar system but there was definitely particles in the soil that were NOT from earth!
He STILL has 2 samples UNTOUCHED , in wait for someone wo can help him have another analyzed by a different party....

Xon

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Id ont know what crashed at roswell but I can say this, It wasnt a balloon, and it came from space. (Man-made or not,it came from space.)

How can you know that? What about a thing that was hig opp in the sky but not in the space?

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Yeah..as far as the soil samples go, I think the gov't would have made sure the entire area was searched with a fine tooth comb. I don't think they would have left any bit of soil unturned.

Don't forget, they (the government) had plenty of time to clean up. The next day, most people accepted the cover story like good little patriots, and the story (and the crash site) was shrouded in obscurity until years later. They had plenty of time to go over the debris field again and again, and if wise, I'm sure they did just that.

Nothing is fullproof though, and that's just what they're banking on. Personally, I'd expect Geraldo to come up with more when checking a vault though....

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Originally posted by Peronemlin

And that would make it worth classifying for over half a century? Longer than the U2, or the A-Bomb? Be serious.

Hey! I was just being ironic there! I think the Roswell incident was real

I think I missed one of this
... or maybe one of this

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Yep, they help....
Sorry to get on your case, hehe....

new topics

top topics

join