It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peoples Protest! | May 2nd | Parliament Square!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Cool beans!

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
I have 100 aussie dollars that says even if 1 million show up only Al Jazeera and Russia Today will give it more than a passing moment airtime,your country is beyond caring what the peons think.

That's why I want to film it and put it on YouTube. Then if people do catch wind of it and want to see what happened, its there.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

I wish you the best but until a few million dont turn up for work for a week dont expect much

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
I have 100 aussie dollars that says even if 1 million show up only Al Jazeera and Russia Today will give it more than a passing moment airtime,your country is beyond caring what the peons think.

I don't think anyone is stupid enough to take you up on that bet

You make a good point nothing will change nothing will happen but if no one turned up then definitely nothing will change. As for the media outlets reporting stuff yeh you're right about that too. Yesterday (Sunday) anonymous staged a demonstration outside parliament square about the high profile child abuse amongst VIPs and MPs, that was a small demonstration but there was nothing on out english news channels about it. Then again anonymous did stage this demo when the London marathon was taking place .. I believe that was poor timing by anonymous as a lot of the publics attention would of been on the marathon

I'll let you keep your 100 dollars for now though

edit on 27-4-2015 by ThePeaceMaker because: Added text

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
To me, the following is one of the most important things to consider this election. I made this video a month or so ago.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Just so you know, on the Night Riviera (21:45 from Penzance) passengers are allowed to stay on it until 7am. Also... if you don't already have a Devon & Cornwall Railcard, you might get the £10 it costs back straight away on a journey to London (by purchasing a separate open return to Exeter and then another ticket from there to London, should work out cheaper that way).

edit on 28th April 2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Puts things into perspective.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: VigiliaProcuratio

Ah, cheers for that, I'd always thought it was just a sleeper train

I'll go to the train station and grill them about it tomorrow, I'd definitely prefer crashing out on a train seat on my own than a bus touching shoulders with some bloke like sardines in a tin lol.
I'll probably leave it until Friday afternoon to decide for sure though, although I have rescheduled work so I am free on Saturday now.

Anyone else in London that day?
I'll definitely come find you at Parliament Square if I manage to make it TechUnique...just not into being filmed and recorded though so if you are happy to point your camera at other folk, I'll say hi.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I think it's just like the usual 8-carriage FGW, except the entire First Class section is bunks. Take proof of address to the station and it'll take them not even 5 minutes to sort out.

But... I must've seen some advanced tickets which have gone because it's not working out any cheaper now compared to buying a standard return. In any case, if ever you do need to buy an open return from Cornwall to Exeter then you will most probably get your money back straight away by purchasing the railcard.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Nice one

...and speaking of first class, depending on the distance it can be just a fiver or £20 to upgrade to first class, well worth it, big seats/mini table/legroom, wifi, complimentary soft drinks cakes, tea/coffee, and if it's an £80 standard ticket upgraded for say £30 on the train then it's nothing like a £240 first class ticket price...which I can't imagine ever paying myself.

*Edit*
...I'm hunting cheap as for this weekend though.
edit on 28.4.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Yeah, but at a quick glance I think the sleeper berth was double. Yikes!

I was quoted £35 the other day from Truro to Bristol in the daytime.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Ah, It's got to be the bit more expensive one month open return for me if I do the train, never know if you can leave a protest on time, police containment or whatever.
I wouldn't want to risk the hit of having to buy another pricey ticket back home on the Sunday morning...or later.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
I'll definitely come find you at Parliament Square if I manage to make it TechUnique...just not into being filmed and recorded though so if you are happy to point your camera at other folk, I'll say hi.

No probs man! It's gonna be strange having random people I don't know personally, coming up to me and calling me TechUnique lol! Bring a few tins with you if you drink mate.

Hopefully it won't kick off to the point of people being arrested but you never know, I wouldn't be surprised. Make sure to let me know beforehand if you're definitely coming though.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
Make sure to let me know beforehand if you're definitely coming though.
I will do for sure, still 50/50 for me so far.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I can't make it fella so anyone you meet claiming to be grainofsand will not be me haha

I look forward to your coverage of the event though, hope it all goes safely...and let me know of anything you hear of coming up in future so I can make arrangements...it's a disgrace that I can get an overnight ferry to Roscoff in France for cheaper than it costs me getting to London.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I can't make it fella so anyone you meet claiming to be grainofsand will not be me haha

I look forward to your coverage of the event though, hope it all goes safely...and let me know of anything you hear of coming up in future so I can make arrangements...it's a disgrace that I can get an overnight ferry to Roscoff in France for cheaper than it costs me getting to London.

No worries man! Maybe next time

Hopefully it goes okay without too much bother! I will no doubt be sharing whatever happens on here.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Protest starts peaceful, come about 5pm - 6pm, several BNP, EDL and/or Government paid people will turn it from peaceful protest into riot, people will get hurt, nothing will change.

That's my prediction for tomorrow.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I'll def try for every 'next time'

Now make sure you do post your report here on ATS, I'd trust your version of events over MSM any day!

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I'll def try for every 'next time'

Now make sure you do post your report here on ATS, I'd trust your version of events over MSM any day!

I can't promise how professional it will be, but one thing I can assure is that I won't censor it or distort it in any way! Thanks for the support man hopefully catch up on something else in the near future.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
Protest starts peaceful, come about 5pm - 6pm, several BNP, EDL and/or Government paid people will turn it from peaceful protest into riot, people will get hurt, nothing will change.

That's my prediction for tomorrow.

You may be right with your prediction. With the way the country is right now though anthing could happen. I'm just hoping it doesn't kick off to the point where the riot police come in.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join