It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul’s son cited for DUI after car crash

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
My father is a damn good man. I wasn't up well into my 30's. My values, not his. This isn't Star Trek Klingons. The family should not share in the sins of one. Ridiculous to think so.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
My father is a damn good man. I wasn't up well into my 30's. My values, not his. This isn't Star Trek Klingons. The family should not share in the sins of one. Ridiculous to think so.

I dunno.

When you "preach" self righteous - - it kinda opens the gate.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I dunno.

Free will. His kid WILL do as he pleases. As I did. Nothing a father can do when the kid decides that Dad don't matter.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I dunno.

So, if you kid grows up to do something awful that isn't in accord with your values, we can all blame you for it?

We are on a public opinion forum. Everyone here who offers forth their personal opinions could be said to be "preaching self-righteous" in some form or other.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I personally don't care for Rand Paul, but this new idea of going after politicians kids is disgusting behavior by the press or anyone else who does it. One can only hope its not a sign of just how uncivil people have become and is now a part of the process.

The media does what they think will attract the most viewers and I guess they now believe "we the people" are now disgusting enough to eat it all up. Perhaps they are right.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I dunno.

So, if you kid grows up to do something awful that isn't in accord with your values, we can all blame you for it?

We are on a public opinion forum. Everyone here who offers forth their personal opinions could be said to be "preaching self-righteous" in some form or other.

I am not in Public Office.

I am not campaigning on self-righteousness to get votes.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I wonder. In spite of everything the Clinton's kid is pretty Squeaky Clean.

If she wasn't - - you know damn well the Right would be going after her.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I dunno.

Neither is his son. Put the blame where it belongs.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It hardly matters what Rand's kid does. His campaign is dead in the water anyway. The GOP isn't about to nominate anyone even remotely associated with Dr. Paul.

I think the polls reflect the final candidate and it's not Rand. Even Rubio is ahead of Rand...what's that tell ya?

www.realclearpolitics.com...

If money is the life blood of politics and the Kochs are expected to contribute 900 mil $$$ to GOP hopefuls; Rand won't get enough to even buy a six of Miller lite.

www.politico.com...

edit on 23-4-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

well she may be squeaky clean, but if rumors turn out to be true, just one more thing to the hill and billary list.

checkout some pictures of her before the plastic surgery and web hubble especially around the lips and jowl area.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
checkout some pictures of her before the plastic surgery and web hubble especially around the lips and jowl area.

Um, who AND what has that got to do about anything pertinent?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Lets put our imagination hats on for one second...

Let's imagine that Chelsea Clinton got pulled over for a DUI. How do you think it would be handled?

From what I've seen, Rand's son's little run-in really hasn't been a huge sensational headline blowing up news networks and all over the internet. I've heard about it, yes -- but it's not some new scandal that's being screamed by the Democrats.

Now once again, just imagine Chelsea Clinton with a DUI and how it would play over here, on the TV and the rest of the internet...
edit on 23-4-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Lets put our imagination hats on for one second...

Let's imagine that Chelsea Clinton got pulled over for a DUI. How do you think it would be handled?

From what I've seen, Rand's son's little run-in really hasn't been a huge sensational headline blowing up news networks and all over the internet. I've heard about it, yes -- but it's not some new scandal that's being screamed by the Democrats.

Now once again, just imagine Chelsea Clinton with a DUI and how it would play over here, on the TV and the rest of the internet...

The Daily Show isn't on for a few more hours.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Like when they went after Sarah Palin's family ? Oops , sorry That was the left .
edit on 23-4-2015 by Stonecutter45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I've always thought it was quite sad that we seem to be more interested and focused on the personal lives of politicians, and their families, than we are the work they do as a public servant.

Now, I understand that it's much more entertaining to treat these public figures more like a Kardashian than a human being elected to represent us, but they are human and will make mistakes.

I don't judge a politician based on his personal life, as I would not want my boss to judge me by what happens in my personal life.

They are there to do a job. Let's evaluate them based on their performance on the job. I couldn't care less about anything else.
edit on 23-4-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: intrepid

comment on hillary to Annee post
a reply to just illustrate that there is controversy mentioned about her being his child, whom he was a partner during her time at the rose law frim while married to hill.

look it up.

edit on 23-4-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

link   
I think the fact he was driving a 2006 says alot.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Stonecutter45

Now, now both of you, this is not the Mud Pit

...but you make a good point anyway. That was probably the most disturbing garbage I've seen used in any election. It does not matter which Party, the practice is disgusting.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I dunno.

I don't care as long as the kid is not a minor. Is he?

But, if you run as self-righteous ----- you opened that gate yourself.
edit on 23-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I dunno.

I don't care as long as the kid is not a minor. Is he?

But, if you run as self-righteous ----- you opened that gate yourself.

No you didn't. Is that Newton's 5th Law?

Right. Annee, this is a non-issue. Trying to do this is beyond lame.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join