It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Canada plane has crash on the Runway in Halifax

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Air Canada flight 624 is believed to have crashed on a runway at Halifax Stanfield International Airport in Canada, according to numerous social media reports. The plane reportedly hit power lines and sustained extensive damage upon crash-landing.

Air Canada has crash on the Runway in Halifax

Just breaking news now, no reports of any injuries but its just now breaking news.
edit on 28-3-2015 by usaman1983 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: usaman1983

What in the world is going on lately?
second line

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Update, no major injuries reported per RT News.

The aircraft was reportedly carrying up to 200 passengers. There was no immediate information regarding possible injuries.

The crash coincided with a sudden power outage at the airport. People awaiting their flights posted pictures of pitch-dark terminals and speculated it might have been caused by the accident.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

The sky is truly falling.

Hope no one was injured...

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

I hope no one was injured either.This is not good. We had some spectacular accidents what back in the 70s? Then pretty much all was good with one here or there popping up. Now they seem to be picking up again.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
This doesn't seem to be that bad of an incident. The sensationalist headlines and language used are making this sound much worse than it seems. I wouldn't put much stock into any of those passenger reports.

It's quite possible that the pilots lost their ground reference while landing due to a power outage, misjudged their position on the runway, and overran the end of the runway. Unless they're the ones who caused the power outage, then there could be a litany of other causes for the overrun.
edit on 29-3-2015 by justwanttofly because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Lucky no one was killed

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: justwanttofly

This doesn't seem to be that bad of an incident.

They ripped a wing off .

www.9news.com.au...

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: justwanttofly

This doesn't seem to be that bad of an incident.

They ripped a wing off .

www.9news.com.au...

Seems to me that the wing is still there, with damaged flaps panels.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

What in the world is going on lately?
second line

If cat breaks wind in the outback of Australia we can find out about in 5 minutes! Go back 40 years and it would have taken weeks to find a plane had even gone missing by which time it's no longer news.

All activity in the world is instantly available. Bad news is the only news that interests people. So we are swamped with bad news.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

An aircraft made a poor landing," a spokesperson for Halifax Stanfield airport said.
Read more at www.9news.com.au...

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Ah sensationalism. The bigger the headline the more coverage it gets. This wasn't that bad at all. When the lights went out they probably lost their ground references.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I am in Halifax. They are lucky to be safe and alive from what I saw.

Landing gear collapsed, both engines were ripped off. Many reports from passengers that they hit a power line before the runway.

23 people hospitalized.

They were landing in a pretty bad snowstorm, high winds. The Halifax area had a dumping of snow which accumulated about 10-15 cm in a matter of a few hrs last night. This likely had everything to do with the crash.

They apparently circled for about 30 min before landing. I am personally surprised they were allowed to land and were not diverted.

Very similar in a sense to the Air France A340 that skidded off the runway in Toronto a few years ago. I was at awe that anyone would have attempted to land in that weather. I still have yet to see that much rain come down that fast again.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The weather wasn't very good at all. Glad everyone is ok.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

You do know that RT is in Russia... Canada had it's own version, the CBC. Why would Russia know more than Canadian news?

The terminal lights were all on. Why would they be shut off?

CBC Coverage of Air Canada crash landing

edit on thpamSun, 29 Mar 2015 07:36:17 -0500k1503America/Chicago2936 by Sparkymedic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

Any time the landing gear collapses the engines are going to look like that. The aircraft really doesn't look that bad from the pictures I've seen of it. Let Airbus have it and, barring the back being broken, I'll bet they'll probably have it flying again within six months.
edit on 3/29/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Let Boeing have it and, barring the back being broken, I'll bet they'll probably have it flying again within six months.

I thought the aircraft was an A320? Either way, I would prefer to fly in a Boeing rebuilt A320 than and Airbus built A320.

ETA: I see you caught that.

edit on 29-3-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It is. Most of their fleet is Boeing and from the pics of the front end I couldn't tell. I have since corrected myself.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Fair enough. I suppose the fuselage is still intact. And there were no serious injuries or fatalities.

Like they say, any landing you walk away from is a good landing!

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Here's the short link video,

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join