It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US House Votes 348-48 To Arm Ukraine, Russia Warns Lethal Aid Will "Explode The Whole Situation"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka
Don't be rude. Do your own homework next time. I linked the same website twice, you were just too lazy to look.
edit on 3/25/1515 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: s1ngular1ty

The House can vote to urge the President to do anything it wants; that doesn't have the force of law, however. Symbolic vote, that's all she wrote.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Fire the ones that voted "present" first!!

Once they are gone, then we can get down to running the ones out of town that voted based on lobbyists money.

The ones that remain should be able to explain why they voted the way they did.

I do care if they voted yea/nay. However, I care WHY more.

As painful as it may be to hear, the "good" of our country may need to take a backseat at times. We, as common citizens do not have the big picture view, though we are able to piece things together thanks to social media and "group thought projects" (if that makes sense).

If they cannot explain the "why" of their vote then they need to lose their job and somebody else from their state can take their seat.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I'm afraid you might be right.

Yet again, the morons (politicians) that the masses keep in charge, make a decision to allow for more death and destruction in another foreign land.

Deterrence deshmerence. Making a stand. It's all illusions and BS!

Working WITH others, as opposed to against them, is a deterrent to avoid BS like this in the first place! And I don't mean appease. I mean appeal to the "oppositions" better nature.

Impossible with the current global economy. Right? Of Course! Capitalism is purely based on competition.

Unless the economy is fixed with the people who know how to fix it, nothing will change. In other words develop a new economy based on a symbiotic relationship with each other and the resources we ALL need to be able to enjoy a relatively high standard of living (ie. daily food and clean water & a reasonably comfortable shelter, no reason to deny transportation either).

Things will continue to repeat until we all cease to exist.

Note how often people draw similarities between Hitler and Putin.

Different actors and scenes. Same plot.

Same S H I T, different day.

Things have to change. Sooner rather than later.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Well as far as I know, a "resolution" like this one is only a measure for Congress to state how it feels about a certain issue. It has no legal effect, and can be grandstanding more than anything. Still, it may put some added pressure on Obama. Just like Congress had no business inviting Netanyahwho to speak in Washington only weeks before an election, Congress has it's place and would be better off spending time on domestic issues like JOBS and NATIONAL DEBT and TAXES, etc. I'm not a fan of Obama's foreign policy either. This really is a no win situation. If we don't arm Ukraine, Russia rolls in and takes over. If we do, we widen the divide between Russia and U.S. and get a little closer to WW3.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

The House can vote to urge the President to do anything it wants; that doesn't have the force of law, however. Symbolic vote, that's all she wrote.

Congress can declare war. They have done it 5 times in the past.
I would urge everyone to cool their jets.... including Russia and Ukraine.

Before stuff gets out of hand.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

That would be an excellent place to start with some REAL change.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I was just simply asking the link, one of them was not official second one gave "about blank" page. Actually i am thankful of the link which actually lead to results.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The US wasn't at the table in Minsk and dismisses that agreement, obviously.

See who's ramping up aggression and who wants peace in the region?

Russia wants "peace" in the same they were at peace with Ukraine post WW2.

As an enslaved region under their iron fist.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The president of "NO" will say yes to Congress this time because it is what we don't need right now ,the only time he will agree with them is when it will cause problems for the country. .

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Settle down folks. No need to argue. We are a team here. If anything I appreciate that effort, and encourage everyone to always do more research. Well Infowars, in my research, is actually very credible on many fronts. Just because you can't find an official vote anywhere, doesn't mean it didn't happen. I say that because I trust our government as much as I do a hungry lion.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
The president of "NO" will say yes to Congress this time because it is what we don't need right now ,the only time he will agree with them is when it will cause problems for the country. .

While I agree Obama is the most anti american president ever.

I really don't see how this causes us problems.

We have plenty of surplus hardware just laying around.

Giving it to Ukraine isn't going to effect us, any more than us giving the afghans portable AA launchers in the soviet invasion of Afghanistan did.

Unless decades down the road we invade Ukraine on false pretenses and they use our own hardware against us.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: s1ngular1ty
Settle down folks. No need to argue. We are a team here. If anything I appreciate that effort, and encourage everyone to always do more research. Well Infowars, in my research, is actually very credible on many fronts. Just because you can't find an official vote anywhere, doesn't mean it didn't happen. I say that because I trust our government as much as I do a hungry lion.

I agree that infowars is credible, insofar as it is at least as credible as the MSM.

Sensationalist sure, but no more full of it than anyone else is.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Hey guys, new member here but long time lurker, ive nothing intelligent to at to this post other than the thanks i can give to you and (mostly) all ATS members, you guys keep me updated on current affairs
The internet is the most dangerous tool yet given to the public
And through it we will never be in the dark !

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I don't understand why we have a 2 pages debate about something not officially confirmed yet.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Time to ratchet up your suspicion level of sources. Indeed they do get things right, but they certainly have a tone about them on InfoWars. The sources that count are the unbiased and neuteral reports.

InfoWars does spread some useful info, but they do indeed pump out their own propaganda as well. Remember, they truly believe in the info-war. Therefore, they likely see themselves as the resistance in that war (AJ says they are all the time). They are openly using the same tactics to move their own agenda along. Just as the MSM does for other agendas.

In short, don't take InfoWars at face value. Do research on everything they put out there. Make it pass the smell test. Or, do as I do and treat it like a tertiary news source.
edit on thpamWed, 25 Mar 2015 10:36:57 -0500k1503America/Chicago2536 by Sparkymedic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic

Time to ratchet up your suspicion level of sources. Indeed they do get things right, but they certainly have a tone about them on InfoWars. The sources that count are the unbiased and neuteral reports.

InfoWars does spread some useful info, but they do indeed pump out their own propaganda as well. Remember, they truly believe in the info-war. Therefore, they likely see themselves as the resistance in that war (AJ says they are all the time). They are openly using the same tactics to move their own agenda along. Just as the MSM does for other agendas.

In short, don't take InfoWars at face value. Do research on everything they put out there. Make it pass the smell test. Or, do as I do and treat it like a tertiary news source.

I am not convinced AJ actually believes his own crap.

I think he just found a niche and exploited it.

Any ATS should vet all news sources.

Still sound advice though.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Hardly anything we talk about here at ATS is officially confirmed.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I vote for a mud-wrestling match.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

Then we only need the skunk forum, HAHAHA!

Seriously man, I hope mods stop the BS Tsunami.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join