It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Cuddle Hormone" that could reveal if your dog really does love you

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: Anyafaj

Very cool article! I have posted this video before, but it's my husband coming home from a long motorcycle ride (days) and the greeting that ensued... Pretty sure their oxytocin levels were off the charts! The love is unquestionable.

s116.photobucket.com...

My dog gets like that when my daughter comes to visit. In fact, all I have to do is say, "Where's Kaitlynne?" And she'll go running to the door, stump wagging, whining and barking at the same time, all excited because she thinks my daughter is at the door. LOL I sometimes get her worked up, slightly, take her outside about a half hour before my daughter shows up, to get any excitement pee out of her, before she wees on my floor. LOL

edit on 3/20/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
You ever seen a smiling dog before?

Don't need a scientist to tell me my dog loves me!!

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

Mmmmmm butt massage, my favorite. Be careful with my horn, though, it's my most sensitive erogenous zone...Ya know, cause of the whole Eunuch thing....

originally posted by: Anyafaj

originally posted by: Shakawkaw

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

I, too, am an animal whisperer! A squirrel let me pet it's head once.

And you didn't even know you were seconds away from a violent squirrel attack. My gma used to feed them cookies out of her hand. Cool stuff.

We had some nice squirrels in our neighborhood that would sit on our lap and eat nuts we would buy for them. Sadly some people were jerks and would aim their cars for them, unfortunately they were successful a few times.

Wow, humans can be such pieces of #.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
A 20 second hug between humans does the same thing...we've been doing it all wrong...we need to hug longer folks!

Jane

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

Mmmmmm butt massage, my favorite. Be careful with my horn, though, it's my most sensitive erogenous zone...Ya know, cause of the whole Eunuch thing....

originally posted by: Anyafaj

We had some nice squirrels in our neighborhood that would sit on our lap and eat nuts we would buy for them. Sadly some people were jerks and would aim their cars for them, unfortunately they were successful a few times.

Wow, humans can be such pieces of #.

Yeah, unfortunately. I don't need to be told that one twice. They'd aim for all the animals that were illegally living in the building as well. You were only allowed to own birds or fish, but it wasn't uncommon for people to have an illegal cat or dog. Sometimes the cat would get out, and of course, any animal in the road, they'd aim their cars for it, because people can be jerks. We would buy a giant bag of peanuts for $8 in the veggie department and sprinkle a few in front of the apartment. We were far from the road, but the squirrels would cross the road to get to the trees in the lawn of the houses there and that's when they made the perfect target for the jerks. If I could have brought them into my apartment to protect them, I would have, sadly there was no way.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

I would never touch a Eunuchorn's horn. Unless I was wanting to commit, or if I were drunk on squirrel milk. I need to be upfront about that right off the bat.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I have three squirrel nesting boxes around my yard. No better entrainment than watching the little rascals romp about. We used to have one that would come running down the highway of back fences when we'd call her. She'd sit and lick peanut butter from a spoon. I loved her with all my heart. She'd bring her buddies over and then chase them when they got too close to us. She knew everyone in the family and would chatter on the fence at guests. She'd clamber up the roof and visit my cat through the screen window. It was a love affair, yes.

Everything has a place in nature. I have reinforced the bird houses I also have up with steel entrances so that they can't get at the bird eggs. There's always a way for different species to live together.

Sure they're big rats with tails as many squirrel haters say but how can you not enjoy their antics.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Anyafaj - she's adorable! And a very smart girl. Is that her little stuffy she's holding? Awwwwwwww.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I totally agree angelchmuel... except one can't hug and snug a human forever and stroke their hairless skin. It gets awkward after the first few seconds, ha ha! But give me a fuzzy wuzzy and I'm like velcro.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Mister_Bit

He's precious Mister_Bit! Or she. My dog smiles too and I can practically see the wheels spinning in his head. "I love you Momma. You're amazing. You and I, we're best buds forever Mama." And then I kiss him and he sighs.

Get this: he also barks when he hears my car come home. I can hear him from inside my car. And when I get to the door there he is, bum wagging, happy smiling, he grabs my hand in his mouth and gently leads me into the house. And when I get into the living room there's the hubby and child glued to their screens and I say, "I know YOU love me Max." Ha, ha!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
A 20 second hug between humans does the same thing...we've been doing it all wrong...we need to hug longer folks!

Jane

I remember hearing of studies done on this sort of thing. Especially concerning babies, the physical contact is a huge stimulant of endorphins at the very least.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Not to mention they're more than a little delicious in a stew.

You caught me, the squirrel whose head I scratched was sitting immobilized in a trap I set.

Who's hungry?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ccseagull

I have three squirrel nesting boxes around my yard. No better entrainment than watching the little rascals romp about. We used to have one that would come running down the highway of back fences when we'd call her. She'd sit and lick peanut butter from a spoon. I loved her with all my heart. She'd bring her buddies over and then chase them when they got too close to us. She knew everyone in the family and would chatter on the fence at guests. She'd clamber up the roof and visit my cat through the screen window. It was a love affair, yes.

Everything has a place in nature. I have reinforced the bird houses I also have up with steel entrances so that they can't get at the bird eggs. There's always a way for different species to live together.

Sure they're big rats with tails as many squirrel haters say but how can you not enjoy their antics.

I think squirrels are just adorable! Then again, I'm a huge animal lover in general. While growing up, I used to go visit a wild life rehabilitator. I got to pet a barn owl, a falcon, feed a fawn, all sorts of wild animals that were injured and needed caring for.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Anyafaj - she's adorable! And a very smart girl. Is that her little stuffy she's holding? Awwwwwwww.

Yeah, her Duckie. LOL All of her toys are either Piggies or Duckies. LOL I don't know how it worked out that way, but somehow it worked out. LOL

You should see her in her outfits. She LOVES playing dress up, and I just ordered 4 more cutsey dresses, 3 of which have ballerina sparkly tutus which will hopefully arrive next week or so. They were only $2-3 each! I paid $14 for FOUR outfits! And considering my daughter made me buy her a birthday outfit in Jan, which cost me $14, I figure, gee, one outfit for $14, or four outfits for $14, ummmm, no argument from me, four outfits it is. From now on, all my dog outfit shopping is going to be on Amazon. I'll let her play dress up and post photos for you if you want. LOL Here's a couple of cuteness to hold you over till then.

(And a quick laugh for you, when she gets nippy, she has a duck muzzle. She looks funny as heck with it on. I think you'll agree! LOL)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Sigh. I knew it. You were too good to be true,
But if I were starving I would eat squirrel stew.
And if I had no covers for my bed,
I would make a squirrel pelt and a squirrel pelt pillow for my head.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Oh the shame, that duck muzzle. I can't stop laughing. The poor little girl.
I have to look if they sell large size duck lips. My big boy doesn't care to go to the vet and that would be perfect.

She is adorable! I love her outfits, the pink jacket and the blue edged jacket. She is styling'! What a spoiled girl which I believe is as it should be!!! What a good Mom you are.

xox

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Oh the shame, that duck muzzle. I can't stop laughing. The poor little girl.
I have to look if they sell large size duck lips. My big boy doesn't care to go to the vet and that would be perfect.

She is adorable! I love her outfits, the pink jacket and the blue edged jacket. She is styling'! What a spoiled girl which I believe is as it should be!!! What a good Mom you are.

xox

Awwww, thank you. She outgrew her purple jacket, so how she has these cute sweaters and we gave the purple jacket to a yorkie. Very cute one at that. There's a yorkie, and a cute black and white Chihuahua that she's become friends with in our new building. She's part Chihuahua/Jack Russell/Mini-Pinscher herself. She turned a year old on January 8th. My daughter insisted on a birthday party, so we got her a birthday card made out of a rawhide treat with edible writing on it from Petco for $5. She's not even 1/4 of the way through it! LOL Plus her "cake" was wet food mixed with dry, more wet, with some fresh carrots, her favorite. And cupcakes for the hoomans. LOL

3 months, her trying to eat a carrot bigger than her.

Here she is when we first got her. She was about 7 weeks. And yes, she still plays with the pink football piggy. LOL

Now that it's getting warmer, instead of giving her hugely expensive doggie ice cream, I buy carrots sticks and put them in the freezer. It makes for a great cold treat and you know what country it came from, plus it's good for her.
edit on 3/21/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/21/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
"Cuddle hormone that could reveal if your dog really does love you"

What???

...or if it's just faking?

Å99

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: akushla99
"Cuddle hormone that could reveal if your dog really does love you"

What???

...or if it's just faking?

Å99

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Hey there Anyafaj - what a cool birthday card. Didn't know they made those. I must keep my eye out. So your little princess has made a buddy, don't you love it when they make a best friend? I can't tell you how many times I've regretted not taking the number of random people of who's dog my dog clicks with. It's pure magic.

I am going to have to try the iced carrot sticks come the heat of summer. I usually have water with shaved ice and he insists on getting his fair share. I now drink out of a giant mason jar just so there's enough ice for the two of of us.

My boy gets nasty, nasty ear infections, he has a wheat alley. So I now keep a packet of liver treats in the car and anytime I grab a coffee at McD's or any drive thru for that matter I have to whip out the liver treats and pretend it's from the drive thru person as it's a highlight in his life.

Our babies! Life would be so empty and joyless without them.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join