It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Near Death Experience: A Damaging Lie?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I tell you what... I'll give you the amount of time "science" gives you to be "resuscitated"

it is something like 8 to 10 minutes in the back of an ambulance.

I will be even more generous and let you use the word "resuscitated" for someone who has been unresponsive up to 15 minutes.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AinElohim

What is?

After 80mins in death in Sweden

Is that a parable or something?

I don't think the difference has anything to do with atheism's little cult.

Atheism has a cult? Cool, where can it be found?

The only resurrection's I have ever heard about have been in religious cults. Far as I know they are only stories never backed by evidence.

I am familiar with resuscitation which is scientifically explainable.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AinElohim

I tell you what... I'll give you the amount of time "science" gives you to be "resuscitated"

it is something like 8 to 10 minutes in the back of an ambulance.

I will be even more generous and let you use the word "resuscitated" for someone who has been unresponsive up to 15 minutes.

Is English not your first language? I ask because I am having a hard time understanding you.

Are you asking me to demonstrate? What are you asking for? Are you asking for something?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

It takes less than a minute of the brain being deprived of oxygen before damage begins...

In the back of an ambulance if you are not "resuscitated" after your second round on the defibrillator, you are legally dead. (this all takes place in under 3 minutes)

There was someone dead in Sweden for 80 minutes I think...

Yes English is my first language, I just have not been programmed in a linear fashion such as the majority of my peers.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Are you not familiar with hypothermia and its effects on people that go into cardiac arrest? You should do some research on it, the medical field even uses it in some complex surgeries. It is understood well.

There was someone dead in Sweden for 80 minutes I think...

No she was in the water for 80 minutes and was in cardiac arrest after 40 minutes.

That isn't even close to a record.

Anna Elisabeth Johansson Bågenholm[1] (born 1970) is a Swedish radiologist from Vänersborg, who survived after a skiing accident in 1999 left her trapped under a layer of ice for 80 minutes in freezing water. During this time she became a victim of extreme hypothermia and her body temperature decreased to 13.7 °C (56.7 °F), one of the lowest survived body temperatures ever recorded in a human with accidental hypothermia.[3] Bågenholm was able to find an air pocket under the ice, but suffered circulatory arrest after 40 minutes in the water. en.wikipedia.org...

She suffered complications from it.

If you want to see something really amazing.

Man survived without oxygen for 25 minutes thanks to controversial rescue

That was without the benefits of hypothermia.

From the Guinness book of world records

Longest heart stoppage The longest recorded heart stoppage is a minimum of 3 hr. 40 min. in the case of Jean Jawbone (Canada) who, at the age of 20, was revived by a team of 26 medical staff using peritoneal dialysis in the Health Sciences Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, on January 8, 1977.

The extremely long periods where people have survived have all been due to hypothermic shock where the body slows down.

Those are not resurrections those are resuscitations.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

it's extremely difficult to put into words watching a human mind think...

it's one of the greatest things in life

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Personally I find clear and concise communication to be one of the greatest things in life unfortunately I am not experiencing that with you right now.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Is English not your first language? I ask because I am having a hard time understanding you.

do you want to be racist and judgmental of me if I said no?

I am an american and English is my language first...

---

just take the ends of my sentences and insert them in front of what remains, it may be more legible for you...

it's a step I fail to take anymore, not because of common courtesy, just call it individualism if you will.

edit on 14-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

You are not the first poster I have asked that question too and my post history will show that when someone is having difficulty conveying their thoughts to me in a language that is foreign to them that I am completely understanding and sympathetic.

For those who are simply too lazy to communicate in an understandable way that are not impeded in some way I see no reason to be sympathetic.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I was born in America... and I have no problem conveying my thoughts.

It may be you who has a problem processing them in linear fashion

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

That must be it.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

I think most ANY experience a person has, wether alive or dying...their "culture and belief shape the interpretation". That's obvious.

That being said, the stories people tell, after "coming back" can't be explained away. They know things, or have seen things that they should not have known or seen. They were "dead". So how do they know? This is the crux of the matter for our secular, worldly society where God is not an optional explanation.

So, how do they know things they should not know, due to the fact they are dead?

Death is permanent. The fact that they can tell their stories proves that they never died, only that they lost a certain amount of function for a period of time. That's why they are called near death experiences. The dead can tell no tales.

Seeing involves the eyes. Consequently, they saw nothing. They didn't "know" things; they were ignorant of things, namely, what was occurring to their body while dying, like how we are ignorant of our body when dreaming.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

That must be it.

the biggest problem is explaining every little thing lol!

like... don't people like know this already

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The 4 year old from Nebraska who was near death, said he met his sister in heaven. It's a nice anecdote to the story, until it's revealed his mother had never told anyone about her previous miscarriage. Was he simply ignorant, or did he just take a wild guess?

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
The dead can tell no tales.

Seeing involves the eyes. Consequently, they saw nothing. They didn't "know" things; they were ignorant of things, namely, what was occurring to their body while dying, like how we are ignorant of our body when dreaming.

Unfortunately "scientifically" the definition of death is pretty narrow...

But we still keep all those veggies around because we love them.

dead men tell no tales? ...tell that to Jesus

edit on 14-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

Or someone is lying. I wonder what a miscarried sister looks like. It must have been frightening.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Still waiting for his next submission. Hopefully it's as good as the first.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Still waiting for his next submission. Hopefully it's as good as the first.

well one has to admit that a global phenomenon of 2.2 billion adherents to his philosophy is a pretty good next submission?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
and I am sure the Christians would like to apologize to the world for the Muslims?

the 1.5 billion Muslims actually belong to Christianity, it was just something that was stolen and corrupted.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Almost half of the population is above average intelligence and the other is below average intelligence.

There are over 7.2 billion people in the world.

From my perspective that isn't all that amazing to only get 2.2 billion of them.
edit on 14-3-2015 by Grimpachi because: ha

<< 1  2    4 >>

join