It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Police officers shot near Ferguson Police Department during protest

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

I will say it too you as well. When you shoot someone who doesn't want to be shot it is called murder. No amount of fancy word manipulation will justify the act.
edit on 12-3-2015 by DrunkYogi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: IpoopThere4IAM
I wonder if the rounds were green tip .223.
The ammo they wanted to ban for the safety concerns of law enforcement officers.
If so, this is convenient timing indeed.

probably not. it takes quite a bit of marksmanship training and practice to use Ar-15 ghost ring iron sights at ranges of 250 meters and above effectively even in daylight. This is at night so the low light ring would have to be used and it is larger and has a larger CEP. one of these officers took a head shot. the AR 15 is a carbine and the M4 version is an even shorter barreled carbine. optimized for short range urban situations. if it was closer than that the perps would not have been able to get away. at the very least they would be made by dozens of videos. It could be a long range AR with a scope but again the AR is most effective at less than 300 yards and you have to know the ballistic characteristics to effectively engage targets at much more than 300 meters. the trajectory of AR rounds is a bit weird and not intuitive.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrunkYogi
a reply to: Bone75

I will say it too you as well. When you kill someone who doesn't want to be killed it is called murder. No amount of fancy word manipulation will justify the act.
No. murder has a specific definition. that definition is even shared with the bible and the legal system.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

Shooting someone is murder. He wasn't killed in an accident of some sort. Pointing a gun at someone (unarmed) and pulling the trigger (against the persons wishes) is blatant cold blooded murder.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

When you kill someone who doesn't want to be killed it's called murder. I don't care what the law courts call it when they try to justify it.

so your claim is they changed the legal definition of murder after the Ferguson incident to protect the officer? is that your claim? i am pretty sure the legal definitions of Murder, manslaughter, homicide and so forth have been extant for quite some time.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Read my last reply.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Read my last reply.
Your reply and the one before that and presumably any before that are in error.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

In what way.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
one of the officers was shot in the face and the other was shot in the shoulder. it is evident the shooter was going for head shots in both cases. not something you would try with the peculiar (ghost ring) sights on an AR weapon and the weapon is zeroed on center of mass unless you are on a special weapons team such as the various services elite rifle marksmanship teams. When aimed at a 300 meter target he front post will completely obscure the head of a man sized target at 300 yards. This was a scoped rifle in a sniper scenario. if the AR round was used it has a peculiar tendency to tumble when it strikes bone often following the bone for some distance before stopping or exiting. you can shoot a man in the arm and the bullet may still hit a vital. the trajectory of an AR round goes low first then climbs and sort of flattens out high and then goes down again near 300 meters. people who do not understand this perfectly have to use the standard military zero process which makes the weapon nearly worthless for precision fire at longer ranges without special training that was not given to regular troops at the time i left the service.

my impression is this weapon probably was not an AR.
edit on 12-3-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   

In what way.
Your definition of murder is at odds with every jurisdiction in america, probably most of the world and even the bible.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Like i said no amount of word manipulation will justify the act. You can justify anything with fancy jargon. We will just have to agree to disagree.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

When you kill someone who doesn't want to be killed it's called murder. I don't care what the law courts call it when they try to justify it.

Technically, it's called homicide. I'm sure (not certain) Brown's death was listed as a homicide. Did you know the folks who are executed by the state have 'homicide' listed as their cause of death?

ETA: I wonder where the masterminds of calming tensions are. You'd think someone would be trying to de-escalate the situation rather than the government throwing salt into the wound every chance they get. Those cops are human beings. So am I. You shoot at me ... I'm shooting back. Somebody's going to do something stupid (like this) and the situation is going to come off the rails. Those cops look like a tactical force not to be messed with.
edit on 1232015 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Like i said no amount of word manipulation will justify the act. You can justify anything with fancy jargon. We will just have to agree to disagree.
it is you manipulating the word murder to make it mean what you want it to in contradiction to just about everyone else.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Technically, it's called homicide. I'm sure (not certain) Brown's death was listed as a homicide. Did you know the folks who are executed by the state have 'homicide' listed as their cause of death?
it was. every man caused death is classified as a homicide. it does not matter if it was accidental or justified. it is used even if there was no crime committed.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DrunkYogi

mur·der
ˈmərdər/
noun
noun: murder; plural noun: murders
the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.
"the stabbing murder of an off-Broadway producer"
synonyms: killing, homicide, assassination, liquidation, extermination, execution, slaughter, butchery, massacre; More
manslaughter;
literaryslaying
"a brutal murder"
informal
a very difficult or unpleasant task or experience.
"my first job at the steel mill was murder"
synonyms: hell, hell on earth, a nightmare, an ordeal, a trial, misery, torture, agony
"driving there was murder"
verb
verb: murder; 3rd person present: murders; past tense: murdered; past participle: murdered; gerund or present participle: murdering
kill (someone) unlawfully and with premeditation.
"somebody tried to murder Joe"
synonyms: kill, put to death, assassinate, execute, liquidate, eliminate, dispatch, butcher, slaughter, massacre, wipe out;

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: magnesiumbones

settled??

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: magnesiumbones
a reply to: magnesiumbones

settled??
yup. the biblical definition is even more stringent. it defines murder as the deliberate premeditated lying in wait for the victim for the purpose of killing them. not killing during a robbery, not an accident, not a crime of passion either.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
This is my last post on the matter. The system uses words to justify what they (the people in power) want deemed as acceptable. Just because the system says it's alright doesn't make it so. How many murders have the Police been cleared of because they are part of the system. The system protects the Police because they are (surprise) part of the system. Legal jargon has been manipulated and defined to protect them. I hope you caught the part about the system there because that's the key to the whole problem.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   

This is my last post on the matter. The system uses words to justify what they (the people in power) want deemed as acceptable. Just because the system says it's alright doesn't make it so. How many murders have the Police been cleared of because they are part of the system. The system protects the Police because they are (surprise) part of the system. Legal jargon has been manipulated and defined to protect them. I hope you caught the part about the system there because that's the key to the whole problem.
the definitions have been there since before we were a nation.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Ok, one last thing. The Bible is a control system.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join