It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 6 most damning findings from the DOJ's report on racism in the city of Ferguson

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
While I agree there is an aspect of racism in some police departments; I object to framing the problem with the police in today's America as race. I see the prevalent attitude of police towards all citizens to be unacceptable. None of us our safe. Calling it racism just splits the population and keeps us from combating it as a unified force.

I agree that the PIC affect not just Black people, but what makes it racist is the focus on them and in a town like Ferguson is especially true, and this kind of persecution for profit has presidence earlier I mentioned the chain gangs where a disproportionate number of Blacks were in chains and worked as slaves for crimes like walking on the side walk or reckless eyeballing, loitering etc.

I wish folks would take the time to view this doc in full, chain gangs went out in the 70ts?? but the need to make money by the PIC remains and AAs make rich targets, yes if they can get a poor white person they will be treated in like manner for more and more of that is taking place an evil practice tends to spread.
edit on 7-3-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Things I've experienced as a White man & things I've seen happen with my own eyes are a myth?

Wow, thanks.

Hey I can only speak for London...

I can only assume about America...

Yet, somehow, I trust my assumption!

& honestly, no one is blaming anyone, except the ones who enforce the White privilege.
No one is saying you're asking for White privilege, or like it, or built the system that created it...

They're all a far cry from actually having White privilege!

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

While I agree there is an aspect of racism in some police departments; I object to framing the problem with the police in today's America as race. I see the prevalent attitude of police towards all citizens to be unacceptable. None of us our safe. Calling it racism just splits the population and keeps us from combating it as a unified force.

I agree that the PIC affect not just Black people, but what makes it racist is the focus on them and in a town like Ferguson is especially true, and this kind of persecution for profit has presidence earlier I mentioned the chain gangs where a disproportionate number of Blacks were in chains and worked as slaves for crimes like walking on the side walk or reckless eyeballing, loitering etc.

Look, I am not saying racism doesn't exist. I am saying that the DOJ and all Federal agencies have an agenda to keep people divided. Focusing on the racist aspects of LEO misconduct keeps the populace from being united against the militarization of law enforcement in general.

They are dividing us on purpose.
edit on 2015/3/7 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I agree with everything you said Metallicus...

But not focusing on the racism divides people as well...

Because then people who suffer the racism start to think people don't believe it, or that it's blown out of proportion, or it happens across the board anyways so let's focus on that...

I think it all needs to be focused on...

But damn, if this isn't a catch 22, I don't know what is.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Look, I am not saying racism doesn't exist. I am saying that the DOJ and all Federal agencies have an agenda to keep people divided. Focusing on the racist aspects of LEO misconduct keeps the populace from being united against the militarization of law enforcement in general.

They are dividing us on purpose.

True but like Charlie Speirs said

No one is saying you're asking for White privilege, or like it, or built the system that created it

But if good folks recognized it for what it is and can pull together then we win, for as I said evil tends to spread and engulf all, it may start within poor AA communities but end in poor white communities and inched it's way into the dwindling middle class,so don't look at it as pointing a finger at white folks that's not the intent, nip it in the bud where it is most prevalent.
And yeah Eric ignored it for seven yrs, until he is gone and passed the problem on to someone else, not exactly a profile in courage mind you, but I do think that alot of folks would berate him if he did try.
edit on 7-3-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Racism obviously exists,but this problem is a people problem...a social issue,if you cannot pay you will cop the wrath of the law,if you can pay you will likely get off after having your pockets picked....this is most certainly a societal problem and we the people need to work together to stop it...these dividing tactics work so well as people just need to shift blame rather than looking at the big picture

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

People have been saying this for years, that the US prison system is nothing more than a modern slavery. The massive profits made from prison labor, the corporations profiting from serving the system, the Judges and the lawyers, the whole thing is rigged.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Flagging this thread for the subtle insight presented.

Think back to the story of Robin Hood and the naughty Sheriff of Nottingham.

Was it really the Sheriff who was the bad guy ... or TPBT he "leant" support to?

Of course, in our minds, it's always the Sheriff (the tangible).

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Total Mainstream Media Blackout of
Chicago Secret ‘Black Site’ at Homan Square

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Guys a great thread on the PIC klik^ don't why the O.P didn't put it in the Social And Civil Unrest forum.
But The Prison Industrial Complex is a real thing and now they are disappearing people, see in which community it starts but I guarantee you it will not end there.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I agree with everything you said Metallicus...

But not focusing on the racism divides people as well...

Because then people who suffer the racism start to think people don't believe it, or that it's blown out of proportion, or it happens across the board anyways so let's focus on that...

I think it all needs to be focused on...

But damn, if this isn't a catch 22, I don't know what is.

Charlie, I agree with you too.

I am just feeling salty tonight. I wish people would just focus on things as a HUMAN issue. We all do stupid things, have our flaws and screw up. I am simply tired of focusing on stupid things like race, religion and gay or straight. I am so ready to be BEYOND all this crap and just deal with issues and human beings.

Like you said, it really IS a catch-22.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Guys a great thread on the PIC klik^ don't why the O.P didn't put it in the Social And Civil Unrest forum.
But The Prison Industrial Complex is a real thing e.

Can you provide evidence of "statement"?

If Holder gets rich in the PIC with private company, what is your escape plan?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Yeah that is a great point too...

Been kinda weird even here the last couple of days imo...

A lot of what seems to be intentionally divisive threads and posts...

Really doesn't help at all!

Have a good night. Hope it picks up for you

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Look man we all have fatigue by the isms from the isms, I wish everyday would be a sunny day, and in reality Iam a person of sunny and cheerful disposition, I tend to look for the best in people almost to the point of naivety but the dark cloud always comes.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Yeah that is a great point too...

Been kinda weird even here the last couple of days imo...

A lot of what seems to be intentionally divisive threads and posts...

Really doesn't help at all!

Have a good night. Hope it picks up for you

Thanks, brother.

You too.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite

But The Prison Industrial Complex is a real thing e.

Can you provide evidence of "statement"?

If Holder gets rich in the PIC with private company, what is your escape plan?

Yes Prisons run by corporations for profit.
The Prison Industry in the United States: Big Business or a New Form of Slavery?

Human rights organizations, as well as political and social ones, are condemning what they are calling a new form of inhumane exploitation in the United States, where they say a prison population of up to 2 million – mostly Black and Hispanic – are working for various industries for a pittance. For the tycoons who have invested in the prison industry, it has been like finding a pot of gold. They don’t have to worry about strikes or paying unemployment insurance, vacations or comp time. All of their workers are full-time, and never arrive late or are absent because of family problems; moreover, if they don’t like the pay of 25 cents an hour and refuse to work, they are locked up in isolation cells.

There are approximately 2 million inmates in state, federal and private prisons throughout the country. According to California Prison Focus, “no other society in human history has imprisoned so many of its own citizens.” The figures show that the United States has locked up more people than any other country: a half million more than China, which has a population five times greater than the U.S. Statistics reveal that the United States holds 25% of the world’s prison population, but only 5% of the world’s people. From less than 300,000 inmates in 1972, the jail population grew to 2 million by the year 2000. In 1990 it was one million. Ten years ago there were only five private prisons in the country, with a population of 2,000 inmates; now, there are 100, with 62,000 inmates. It is expected that by the coming decade, the number will hit 360,000, according to reports.
www.globalresearch.ca...

You have law makers in some states pushing for longer sentencing and more arrest ,to feed the beast they have their own lobby
Private Prisons Spend $45 Million On Lobbying, Rake In $5.1 Billion For Immigrant Detention Alone

Nearly half of all immigrants detained by federal officials are held in facilities run by private prison companies, at an average cost for each detained immigrant is $166 a night. That’s added up to massive profits for Corrections Corporation of America, The GEO Group and other private prison companies:
A decade ago, more than 3,300 criminal immigrants were sent to private prisons under two 10-year contracts the Federal Bureau of Prisons signed with CCA worth $760 million. Now, the agency is paying the private companies $5.1 billion to hold more than 23,000 criminal immigrants through 13 contracts of varying lengths.
thinkprogress.org... n-alone/

Yes the PIC is a thing.
As far as escaping?? they can only get me if I pay a visit to fam.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Things I've experienced as a White man & things I've seen happen with my own eyes are a myth?

Wow, thanks.

Hey I can only speak for London...

I can only assume about America...

Forget about not asking for, I'm saying I've never experienced it nor benefitted from it. Quite the opposite, really. Financially speaking, there was no student aid I qualified for based solely on the color of my skin, nor are there any small business loans or home purchase deals I qualify for based on the same. If I break the law, I get busted for it... cops don't pull me over for speeding and say "Oh, uh... you're caucasian... err, this is awkward. My bad! Carry on, sir." I receive a freaking ticket, and if I lip off or threaten a cop, I'll get my skull busted or possibly even shot. In America, (and no, I won't assume anything about England because I'd like to remain within the boundaries of what I actually know rather than make an ass out of you and me by assuming conditions in a country I know little about aside from what the media has told me.) but in America, I am stating that white privilege doesn't exist. It is an imaginary construct of politically motivated rabble rousers who needed a counter point to slap those caucasian Americans who didn't buy into the "white guilt trip" nonsense with. An asinine zero sum game has been fabricated by the Al Sharptons and Jesse Jacksons dictating that either you feel deeply regretful white guilt and are eager to subject yourself to a lesser degree of personal ambition in a display of reparations for situations not a single living American had anything to do with or you're a racist that lives with white privilege and has no way to understand the struggle.

If I'm missing the line to sign up for this White Privilege, someone please direct me to it. I could use some breaks for a change.

It's divisive horsecrap. honestly.

edit on 8-3-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Failure to appear in court or pay fines is going to result in a TCO being issued, regardless of race.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

The municipal court was out to make money for the city, and its decisions were motivated by this goal versus public safety

I do not fine racism with this since the majority of muni courts are out to make money off the public. None of you ever got a speeding ticket where the the speed limit went form 50 to 30 without any reason, and a cop is right there at the sign day in and out?

edit on 8-3-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I am stating that white privilege doesn't exist. It is an imaginary construct of politically motivated rabble rousers who needed a counter point to slap those caucasian Americans who didn't buy into the "white guilt trip" nonsense with.

So you are saying institutional racism do not exist, that Black folks followed by Hispanics are not targets and the focus of PIC, I am not even talking of individual behavior but long established practice scroll up to the vid..slavery in another name and the links then compare it with the PIC of today, and tell me what has changed.
Yes if YOU break the law as a white person you can expect to go to jail the difference you are not the target, in another thread I gave an example of how even kids realize the difference in treatment, when as early teens we used to build our own radios but generally lacked the money for parts, someone mentioned lifting parts from Radio Shack however we were told by our white friends that we should not accompany them as we would draw attention, being that we were Black and Hispanics with two Asians of Caribbean descent ,they went out and made a successful haul noo problem, I mean a bunch of 13-14yrs old figured that out... that's white privilege.
edit on 8-3-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

The municipal court was out to make money for the city, and its decisions were motivated by this goal versus public safety

I do not fine racism with this since the majority of muni courts are out to make money off the public. None of you ever got a speeding ticket where the the speed limit went form 50 to 30 without any reason, and a cop is right there at the sign day in and out?

Very true Xtrozero but Poor AA communities make for target rich environments.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join