It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson: Prisons prove being gay is a choice

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
LMAO....hahahahahahah.

uhahahahahahaha.

hahahahahahahahaha

I'm literally blue in the face right now, I just can't stop laughing.

Source

Washington (CNN)Ben Carson says homosexuality is a choice because many people "go into prison straight -- and when they come out, they're gay."

The neurosurgeon and potential Republican candidate for president in 2016 made the comment in an interview with CNN's Chris Cuomo that aired Wednesday on "New Day."

Asked whether being gay is a choice, Carson responded: "Absolutely."

"Because a lot of people who go into prison go into prison straight -- and when they come out, they're gay. So, did something happen while they were in there? Ask yourself that question," Carson said.

That argument, Carson said, "thwarts" the notion that homosexuality isn't a choice, which is at odds with the majority of the medical community, including the American Psychological Association, who says "most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation." Slate's Mark Joseph Stern also outlined the scientific arguments against this particular belief last year.

Can you believe this idiot?

~Tenth
edit on 3/4/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

My husband just told me about this. And yes, I can believe it, sadly. What can you say to something like that other than - LMFAO!

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Isn't this guy going to run for POTUS or something?

I just told my son about this and his response was " oh yeah, cause the American Prison System is the leading source of scientific research regarding homosexuality".

Baha.

~Tenth

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Low intelligence is our countries biggest obstacle to a better future. I don't expect him to be a genius but he should be smart enough not to say something so stupid on national television.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I don't think he has announced that he is running yet, but he's launched an Exploratory Committee, which usually means they're going to run.

I've seen the bumper sticker around here reading, "The Country Needs a Doctor, Stat! Ben Carson for President".

+23 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Why do inmates often choose to participate in homosexuality in prison? Are you saying it doesn't happen?

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Why do inmates often choose to participate in homosexuality in prison?

Maybe because it's their only option?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Did he get is MD out of a box of cracker jacks or something? How could a person be so damn ignorant? It floors me.

His campaign will get slapped by Jeb's though I'm guessing. Nobody is gonna wanna run against that.

~Tenth

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Why do inmates often choose to participate in homosexuality in prison? Are you saying it doesn't happen?

I'm saying more often than not, it's rape, and not consensual. So you can't actually use the prison system as a means of determining the choice, non choice of homosexuality. It's kind of a biased population, you know, being as it's not co-ed or anything.

~Tenth

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Oh sorry his years of dedication to his profession prevent him for existing outside of it and form his personal opinions and believe completely unrelated to his profession.

Obviously if a brain surgeon says something foolish about sexuality and life stiles his title came out of a box of Cheerios

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Prison rape is more about power and control.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Oh I'm not basing it on just this comment. Just in general. Ben Carson has said some really, really stupid things in relation to science.

I expect anybody who had the money and time to complete 12 years of schooling to become an MD, would have better reading comprehension than a 6 year old.

~Tenth
edit on 3/4/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Whatever man, everyone crap smells and everyone got his own issues, If a complete retard gets to be a doctor you should no shame him, he must have put a lot of dedication to overcome his impediments and achieve something in life.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

That made me laugh. Yeah, I suppose you're correct and it's bad form for me to knock on his accomplishment of becoming an MD.

But damn. I'm still laughing at the headline.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

From what I hear its a power "thing".

Plus if you have a bunch of sex offenders locked up in one place messed up crap is going to happen.

Prison is no place for any study into homosexuality in civilian life.

+25 more 
link   

link   

originally posted by: Indigent

Oh sorry his years of dedication to his profession prevent him for existing outside of it and form his personal opinions and believe completely unrelated to his profession.

Obviously if a brain surgeon says something foolish about sexuality and life stiles his title came out of a box of Cheerios

This is a doctor that said religion was necessary for testing scientific theories because the science could be propaganda. Every time he opens his mouth he just keeps showing he is the perfect example of a stupid smart person.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Why do inmates often choose to participate in homosexuality in prison?

Maybe because it's their only option?

But that would make it a choice then? If your only option (not only, masturbation has been invented for a long time, LOL) is to choose to engage in homosexual behavior, wouldn't that indicate that, at least in some cases, homosexual behavior is a choice?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'd be more inclined to say that people do usually go into prison straight...

& then come out as a rapist.

I'm not too sure how much "homosexuality" is consensual in prison.

He sounds like a fool.
edit on 4-3-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join