It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SURPRISE: Iran Rejects Obama’s 10-Year Nuke Deal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: InvisibleOwl
a reply to: ketsuko

Throughout history enemies have become allies and enemies again. At this point I am all for Iran helping to kick they animals' asses.

I never said that part was bad, but I also see how they are using it to their own advantage. It gives them the excuse to take the territory in a way that isn't outright invasion on their part. Iran is many things, but dumb isn't one of them.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It really makes sense for Iran to keep stringing the clueless Obama/Kerry negotiations along as long as possible.
75% of Iran's centrifuges were built during the Obama administration, Clinton/Kerry State Dept.

NUMBER OF IRAN'S CENTRIFUGES SKYROCKETED ON OBAMA'S WATCH

Fox News reports that the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) , the Arms Control Association, the Center for Strategic and International Studies, and the Federation of American Scientists all agree that most of the centrifuges built by Iran occurred during the Obama Administration.

In late 2007 Iran had roughly 3,000 centrifuges. Reasonable assumptions would place the number of centrifuges Iran could build in the waning era of Bush’s presidency at slightly less than double that number, placing the total at about 5,000.

That means of the 19,000 centrifuges Iran possesses, almost 75% of them were installed during the Barack Obama era. Experts say that 10,000 of them are already enriching uranium to low levels.

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

edit on CSTTuepm2661 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

If you can only think of one, you aren't trying hard enough.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

People seem to forget that if Iran was as desperate for a Nuke right now as is made out...

They would just buy one from their Allies like Russia or North Korea...

They are talking about halting "all nuclear activity for ten years"...

That's not just Bombs...

That includes all nuclear energy work...

But being a slave to gas, electric & oil companies for 10 years is all fine and dandy...
Unless you're an Iranian being dictated to...

Put shoe... Other foot...
Walk mile... Their shoes...

It wouldn't happen...
You/Obama/Next Pres/Congress/Any American wouldn't agree to that.

& I'd stick up for you as well. 100%.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: InvisibleOwl
a reply to: xuenchen

You do know that Iran is fighting Isis too?
To save their own iranian butts,yes how noble (sarcasm)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Iran should just build them anyway. Screw what the US and especially Israel has to say. The ME needs balance and Israel is not bringing it.

Best BS argument I have heard from Israel's internet minions... "Israel doesn't need to declare their nukes, everyone knows they have have them, so what is the point?"

Yes, Israel's internet minions are THAT stupid.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Article quote >>>>>> give-them-everything-and-take-nothing negotiations

Article quote >>>>>> demand by Obama to halt all nuclear activity for at least 10 years

Well that, is surely a contradiction in terms.

Get real.

Well, but you see, he's giving them everything that they want and taking nothing in return (weakling!) except the demand to halt all nuclear activity for at least 10 years (Imperial Ultimatum from His Imperialness!!!).

So simple a child could understand the double speak... You must have both because he is a weak weak weak President with VAST IMPERIAL POWERS OVER ALL!!! BOTH fears must be spoken to in the same article, and perhaps in the same sentence. / sarc

I'm being harsh, I know. I think its from the headache I have after pounding my forehead against the wall...

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Hey chen when you goinng to stop trolling ATS with the same Anti Obama Rhetoric??? Its getting a bit old.. a reply to: xuenchen

Gotcha QWAHAHAHHAHAHA

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

You are assuming that Russia wants them to have a nuke, and you are assuming that the Norks have spares sitting around they will sell at a price the Iranians will cough up.

It would be more likely they would try to go through black market channels, but those are likely tightly watched assuming nukes are even readily available on them and Pakistan would currently be the best place for that I think and they are a Sunni nation, not Shia.

So, Iran collaborated with the Norks on the early stages of their respective bomb projects and now it's just a matter of how long takes them to develop their own warhead. Really, they're doing it the best way. If you develop and earn the tech for yourself, you own it as opposed to just buying a bomb without acquiring the technical expertise and means to make more.

link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

You think that's bad...

Check this out...

Well thanks a lot Obama...

hashtagworstpresidentever

link   
a reply to: ATF1886

Anything "Obama" never gets old.

He digs his holes with new shovels every time.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
Iran should just build them anyway. Screw what the US and especially Israel has to say. The ME needs balance and Israel is not bringing it.

Best BS argument I have heard from Israel's internet minions... "Israel doesn't need to declare their nukes, everyone knows they have have them, so what is the point?"

Yes, Israel's internet minions are THAT stupid.

What do you think Iran is doing? Actually waiting for permission to build their bomb? What are those centrifuges spinning down then? Lean, finely-textured beef?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

And he's had 6 years to correct that !!!!

What a failure.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Nevermind. I wasn't here.
edit on 3/3/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Obama is a terrible President, but he is right to try and broker a peaceful nuclear weapons deal with Iran. I don't think force is the correct response to Iran's nuclear program. The US can't afford another war and the world can't afford for ANY nuclear weapons to be used.
Whom do you trust, Obama to not give away the farm (not telling any details of the negotiation) or Iran to keep to the ? contract by staying within/not stepping over the farms boundries?
edit on 3-3-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

It might be an assumption yes...

As is taking Netanyahu on his word about the dangers we face if we don't listen to what he has discovered in his Crystal Ball...

Or was it a Tarot Reading...

He may have interpreted it from Nostradamus somewhere...

He certainly didn't get it from his own countries Intelligence Service, who for all intents and purposes, are probably the most knowledgable Intel that Earth has ever seen.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

First of all I don't understand why anyone thinks Iran are being unreasonable in not agreeing to this deal.

It says ALL nuclear activity - why on earth should any nation be denied the right to develop a nuclear power programme?
In fact the USA and its nuclear allies should actively encourage Iran to do so and should try to advise on the safest way to do so then they could at least ensure that any nuclear plants met at least the same safety standards as theirs.

What gives any nation the right to deny another sovereign nation the right to build nuclear power plants?

Well Iran currently has troops and "advisors" in Syria and Iraq.

Come on, how many countries have US / UK etc military advisors been in over the last few years.....and how many countries are they in now?
I'm absolutely certain both lists would include both Syria and Iraq.

And I think Iranian troops are active in the recent attempt to take the Iraqi city of Tikrit Iraq.

On the one hand we have people stating that IS is a regional problem and that Muslim nations should take a greater role in defeating them yet here we may have such a thing and the said country is being criticised and demonised for it.

As for what happens next?
As Charlie quite rightly stated - carry on with negotiations.....its called international diplomacy and its a damned sight better than bombing the crap out of people.

edit on 3/3/15 by Freeborn because: clarity

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Well if congress had let him wipe Libya and Syria completely off the map you'd be up to 180 by now...

hashtagcongressblewit

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Well I know taking Obama at HIS word about anything is a mistake. So if he says that Iran will get the bomb in 10 years under his deal, it won't happen like that. It most likely means Iran is getting whatever it is they want.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join