It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian National Anthem honestly sounds better than most

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: superman2012
And the Russian one speaks of a 'free fatherland' that is protected by God. And it talks about fraternal groups of people (which means - without any infighting). None of that is true. The OP said one is a lie and the other is fantastic. I'm asking him to explain his statement.

Okay, I get it. All anthems are just propaganda to get its citizens pumped up about their country though, and if this thread is just about the sound, I think that Russia's anthem sounds pretty good.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It actually sounds really good. I can't understand what the hell it says, but maybe that is a good thing.

I looked up translation online

It talks of national pride

Like any anthem just that it is sung with manliness and focus

That's what like about it

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I like the spanish one

I even learned the lyrics:

Lolo lolo lolololo lolololo, lolo lolo lolo...

(If you wonder whats goin on on football matches people sing their Athens but as spaniard got no lyrics so spaniards sing the music instead as lololo, thats true patriotism to do so without shame of looking ridiculous, that and perhaps they are mostly drunk already to endure a soccer match)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Russia – our sacred homeland,
Russia – our beloved country.
A mighty will, a great glory –
These are your heritage for all time!
-

Be glorious, our free Fatherland,
- Free is the land.. What about the people?

Jailing prominent figures: Prominent public leaders such as Mikhail Khodorkovsky and Platon Lebedev are still stand behind bars, and others, such as Alexander Nevalny, seem likely to join them there

Persecuting artists: A number of musicians whose expressive lyrics reflect poorly on Putin, like the members of the now infamous Pussy Riot, have been intimidated, arrested, or even imprisoned

Restricting non-governmental organizations (NGOs): NGOs that participate in 'political activities' and receive funding from overseas must now register as a 'foreign agent' and comply with onerous new regulations designed to cripple their operations

Expanding definition of treason: Russia's new Criminal Code expands the definition of 'treason' to turn virtually any government critic into a "traitor"

Criminalizing public actions of LGBTI community: New laws outlaws efforts by lesbian, gay, bisexual transgender and intersex individuals and their supporters to fight for equal rights. On June 29, 55 LGBTI activists were arrested for attempting to hold a peaceful demonstration. Local authorities said the demonstration violated a ban on 'propaganda of homosexuality.'

Intimidating human rights defenders: Defenders complaining about law enforcement misconduct have themselves been targeted, subject to harassment, death threats, enforced disappearances and murder. Sapiyat Magomedova, a lawyer operating in the North Caucasus, is just one of many facing intimidating just for trying to do her job.

Huffington Post

Age-old union of fraternal peoples,
- As the anthem is same as Soviet one, only lyrics were changed. In the Soviet version of the anthem there were "Unbreakable union of free republics" now replaced with Age old union of fraternal peoples. At the times of Soviet there were close ties ( oppression... ) With its puppet states which made "unbreakable union of "free" republics". New version Age old Union of fraternal peoples reflects the idea of the old times and multi-ethnics union keeps going on even the pact broke up into the pieces when Soviet fell. Word FREE has been removed.

Ancestor-given wisdom of the people!
- You were obedient nation to your leaders. You are obedient even today. History under Tsardom, under Communist CCCP and Now under Putin.

Be glorious, our country! We are proud of you!
From the southern seas to the polar lands
Spread are our forests and fields.
You are unique in the world, one of a kind –
This native land protected by God!
- When Communist Soviet government denied religion.. Religion was thriving there. New government knows the importance of the church.. building new Orthodox empire ?

Wide spaces for dreams and for living
Are opened for us by the coming years
- ok.. they are opening to ??? Longing the times of Soviet and area Soviet hold ?
Our loyalty to the Fatherland gives us strength.
Thus it was, thus it is and thus it always will be!

And the Kremlin tried to add this but failed -
its mighty wings spread above us
- Good of Bad ?
The Russian eagle is hovering high
- Russian Eagle comes from the coat of arms of the Romanovs, Moscow´s (Also Kreml) coat of arms is a Rider on a white horse attacking a Dragon. Horse as a symbol means readiness for all employments for king and country and Dragon valiant defender of treasure; valour and protection.
The Motherland's tricolor symbol
Is leading Russia's peoples to victory
- Just a notice White Horseman in apocalypse also stands for Conquest and Victory.. Coincidence, perhaps

All I see in Russian anthem is all kinds of promises for the future of Russia as a state, not much for the citizens

Just thoughts..

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

You do realize Edward Snowden had to escape to Russia to find true freedom

United States would have castrated the guy

Oh and one more thing

Thanks for US mainstream media link, I always enjoy those

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LotToTell2

No he had to scape to avoid execution, he rather live in a crap hole that being dead.

He wanted hong kong but he had to settle for russia
edit on 3-3-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I'm not here to please you or entertain you. Can you deny even its a US mainstream link that those didn´t happen? Just for your knowledge same issues were on other countries' media too not US alone.

What Snowden has to do with Russian national anthem ?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: LotToTell2
Why are you ignoring my discovery reading your Wikipedia link that wiki contradicts itself ...

Failing deflection on your part. I stated exactly where the statistics came from. Why are you ignoring the questions I asked?

You seem to have a problem with different opinions people have

That's absurd. I'm sitting here asking for your opinion and you are refusing to give it. You made a statement, so now defend that statement.

AGAIN - The American one speaks of brave people winning battles and it thanks God. The Russian one calls itself a glorious, free Fatherland, with wise people being loyal to it, all protected by God. So how exactly is one supposedly such a horrid lie while the other supposedly so wonderful and true?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
All anthems are just propaganda to get its citizens pumped up about their country ....

Exactly. They sing of the best of that country OR they sing of what they want their country to be or what they imagine it to be. They all do that. The American one is about being successful in battle because of brave people and because of God's blessing. The Russian one talks about people being faithful to the 'fatherland' and of fraternal brotherhood amongst them all, all under God's protection.

So is Russia really one big fraternal party with everyone always faithful to the powers in Russia of their own free will? Nope. Is America always successful in war and specially blessed by God? Nope. Accusing one of being a big lie while praising the other ... that's just silly, IMHO.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I love it! Ripping apart the Russian anthem verse by verse! Well deserved in such a self aggrandizement thread as this!

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

You do know that music taste is individual thing

Sure, but this isnt' about the music notes.
This is about your opening statement. You know that.

Here it is again -

It is a mighty song with deep history, unlike American anthem worded in such a way that is shows only broken promises in modern times.

Where exactly is the 'deep history' of Russia in their anthem?
Where exactly are 'only broken promises in modern times' in the American one?

Four pages. Still waiting for an answer.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

Gotta love the French anthem!

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ushuaia
Hi all. My first post is the best Anthem. www.youtube.com...

Always love to hear it when visiting in RGL. Thanks for posting.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

which anthem?

pre-communism or post Stalin's red October or post the Fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?

at any rate I think the imperial music is kinda stiff, besides it's about the content which is still quite lacking too.

they need a new one... raw and guttural!

check Norway for something Black Metalish.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

The GREATEST national anthem bar NONE in my "Humble "opinion. Viva la France!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I've heard British French Spanish you name it but Russian anthem i could listen to as classical music, i sh*t you not.

There is a reason Kerry is asking for more funds for information outlets to combat the Russia Today RT

I've been watching a mix of RT and western MSM like CNN fox bbc CBC etc

I've never heard full Russian Federation anthem till one time on RT

It is a mighty song with deep history, unlike American anthem worded in such a way that is shows only broken promises in modern times. American anthem would be awesome if only it ringed true.

www.youtube.com...

Ok, if this is what the average women in Russia look like... hubba, hubba ... you can call me Ivan!!! My avatar is in LOVE with her!!

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

The GREATEST national anthem bar NONE in my "Humble "opinion. Viva la France!!!!!!

Makes you want to get up and kick some A$$! Or maybe... just sit back down, pass the cheese and baguette and I'll open a nice bottle of red wine... we can sit back and watch the beautiful women walk past... or men, whatever?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

You do realize Edward Snowden had to escape to Russia to find true freedom

United States would have castrated the guy

Oh and one more thing

Thanks for US mainstream media link, I always enjoy those

yes... you send us the traitor and we'll send you Lady GaGa.

you can't have Madonna... she's a national treasure.

www.rollingstone.com...

actually Russia should have got Madonna to write a new National Anthem while she was there, the chick has mad skill!

edit on 3-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Sorry I don't get excited about those whose opinions always march opinions of United States government

Those guys are like the guys of the 40s and 50s

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join