It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT -Russia ready to repel any nuke strike, retaliate – missile forces command chief

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

I really doubt that since one electrical screw up could cause a full launch. Nobody is that stupid.

That's the whole point of such system. Alleviate the risk of a decapitation strike.

But as Dr. Strangelove so eloquently said: "Of course, the whole point of a Doomsday Machine is lost, if you *keep* it a *secret*! Why didn't you tell the world, EH?"

The fact is, they just told us...

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: PeterMcFly

Alleviate the risk of a decapitation strike

Colonel General Andrian Danilevich, Assistant for Doctrine and Strategy to the Chief of the General Staff in 1984–90, stated in 1992 in an interview that the Dead Hand had been contemplated, but the Soviets considered automatic trigger systems too dangerous, furthermore they became unnecessary with the advent of efficient early warning systems and increased missile readiness, so the idea had been rejected

Although both Katayev and Korobushin claimed that the mechanism had already been deployed, Viktor Surikov, Deputy Director of the Central Scientific Research Institute for General Machine Building (TsNIIMash) in 1976–92, confirmed in a 1993 interview that they had designed the automatic launch system with seismic, light and radiation sensors, but said that the design had been ultimately rejected by Marshal Sergey Akhromeyev on advice of Korobushin and never materialized

Now, the Soviets had once thought about creating a fully automatic system. Sort of a machine, a doomsday machine, that would launch without any human action at all. When they drew that blueprint up and looked at it, they thought, you know, this is absolutely crazy.

en.wikipedia.org...

Like I said, Crazy! Especially since they know darn well we are not in an attack position with nuclear weapons like we were during the cold war when something like that could have been attempted. They would see us moving in that direction with all their spies around our bases in a short period of time.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: victor7

Putin is not interested in Land grab. But he does not want Russia's "near abroad" in NATO or hostile alliance. I will end the comment here as answers from the other side are well known and waste of time to discuss any further.

Crimea was in fact a land grab.
Abkhazia was in fact a land grab.
South Ossetia was in fact a land grab.
Transnistria was in fact a land grab.

There is no "near abroad" and its exactly that mindset that got Putin into the mess he is in. Putin demanding to be treated equal while at the same time holding the view that another nations territorial sovereignty is null and void is one of the very reasons he is not respected.

Their can be no doubt in the world, if USA was in Europe they would have annexed the whole thing by now.

So many land grabs have been done it is not even possible to calculate, yet you go on about some incredibly minor things on a global scale.

It would appear you need a good dose of something real to wake you up, but I think that is far too late now.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Wookiep

The ruble is still performing like crap.
His government had to "freeze" food prices because of the inflation.
He has had to cut the budget by 10% across the board so far.
He is still expecting his military plans to be fully funded.
Putin has shrunk his inner circle to mainly defense / intelligence people.
The economic plans they have tried have all failed.

Who knows.. 2015 is going to be a massive drama.

Once we release the bizarre demonic like control some people have over other countries assets, then we can see if things are really so bad.

Bullies who are afraid of supposedly weak, cowardly, and evil foes, never learn that they are the root of most of the problems.

My GOD you are insecure, and you wish to pose it on us all.

Whatever it is you focus on, that countries are the biggest threat to you, is the biggest joke around, and it is being escalated now ???

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: JonStone
a reply to: johnwick

Just the US with nothing but F-15 and F-16s would destroy his airforce.

Indeed. The new F-22 seems to be fairly well so far too.

If we only sent our F-22s vs all their aircraft in a one vs one for the end game....lol, we would lose 2 or 3 at most.

The F-22 was designed specifically for one purpose, to kill fighter aircraft.

It is like a shark or a crocodile, it is natures perfect predator.

Hence the name "raptor" , "bird of prey" because if it flies it dies.

The F-15 has be far, and "by far" I mean by multiples, the best combat service record of any plane ever made by man, over 200 combat kills, 0 that is a zero with a Z!!!! Losses in combat.

Several of these vs the F-22 lost, and never even saw the F-22!

These things are no bs, they are the real deal.

They are the finality of human fighter aircraft.

They can pull moves that can potentially kill their pilot.

This machine has pushed human piloted flight to its very limit.

The only thing better will have to be machine controlled, as humans can't take a 15G turn multiple times in a couple of seconds.

Machines can, hence drones coming to age.

They can and will.

WOW so big bad Russia is nothing, then whats the problem ???

You people need a reality check.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

If Russia was sutch a walkover for the US. The US would have military bases in Moscow right now. And probably be building Pentagon 2.0 in Sibir.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Pure Propaganda for one reason only.

If Russia really did have the ability to repel "any", nuclear attack, they'd be calling the shots (or trying to), across the entire planet.

They would also probably have initiated nuclear strikes against any opponents (US, UK China...ets), with no fear of being harmed in return.

Basically put. Russia is Full of IT...lol

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Putin is not interested in Land grab. But he does not want Russia's "near abroad" in NATO or hostile alliance. I will end the comment here as answers from the other side are well known and waste of time to discuss any further.

Crimea was in fact a land grab.
Abkhazia was in fact a land grab.
South Ossetia was in fact a land grab.
Transnistria was in fact a land grab.

There is no "near abroad" and its exactly that mindset that got Putin into the mess he is in. Putin demanding to be treated equal while at the same time holding the view that another nations territorial sovereignty is null and void is one of the very reasons he is not respected.

Their can be no doubt in the world, if USA was in Europe they would have annexed the whole thing by now.

So many land grabs have been done it is not even possible to calculate, yet you go on about some incredibly minor things on a global scale.

It would appear you need a good dose of something real to wake you up, but I think that is far too late now.

Its very easy to calculate where are all these land grabs done by the USA?? I can only think of one Bay of pigs invasion in Cuba. Every other territory has been returned unless you want to go back further in history. Than you could argue Texas though thats debatable since it wasn't part of the USA.

Russia is the only country since world war 2 that is annexing territories through military means. But you know what I find funny this logic people use to defend Putin goes something like this. We'll if the US did this or did that and that means Russia can too. Dumbest argument I've heard it's like saying well there are murderers out there so I can to. Now matter how you play it invading another country is wrong and there isn't a ceru ms rance that makes it right. To many people lose sight of that yes the US was wrong invading Iraq thought they were going to change the middle east. Guess what they did just not in a goI'd way. Maybe Putin should learn from 5 his instead of trying his own form of regime change to annex territory.No matter how it turns out it's a lose lose for Russia.

As far as militarily Russia is not a match for NATO just numbers alone they are in trouble add in the advanced tech and we'll honestly Russia cant hold out. This is why Russia keeps bringing up nukes they know if NATO did make a move they would have Moscow. The way they prevent it is simple remind everyone they have nukes much like North Korea keeps reminding evwryone.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Bullies who are afraid of supposedly weak, cowardly, and evil foes, never learn that they are the root of most of the problems.

Ironic.. You just described Russia.

My GOD you are insecure, and you wish to pose it on us all.

Not insecure at all.

Whatever it is you focus on, that countries are the biggest threat to you, is the biggest joke around, and it is being escalated now ???

Russia and China are and have been the focus. The only joke around right now is Russia.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

That's for sure! Only 15% of the missiles fired by any fighter aircraft result in a kill. A capable pilot can dodge these missiles and come near to the Raptor. Although Russians have come up with a missile which has more than 90% kill rate. Production to begin in couple of years at most.

In a within visual range scenario both Su-35 and even Su-30MKI can kill the Raptor. F-22 is awesome only till the time it is too far to be visible. Dodge its missiles and come near enough and Raptor would infact want to run away.

thediplomat.com...

New Russian Air-to-Air Missiles Will Field Almost Perfect Accuracy

The new missiles may never miss their targets by solving a years-old problem in radar technology.

edit on 3-3-2015 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   

That's for sure! Only 15% of the missiles fired by any fighter aircraft result in a kill. A capable pilot can dodge these missiles and come near to the Raptor. Although Russians have come up with a missile which has more than 90% kill rate. Production to begin in couple of years at most.

In a within visual range scenario both Su-35 and even Su-30MKI can kill the Raptor. F-22 is awesome only till the time it is too far to be visible. Dodge its missiles and come near enough and Raptor would infact want to run away.

LMAO!

Complete nonsense. You can't shoot at what you can't see. Russia is building it's own stealth aircraft to counter this. You should know this, as a resident shill.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Visit the link and the Laugh your dead ass off !!

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
you are going to destroy the Russian population with impunity? we have a lot to answer for aggression

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: mangust69
you are going to destroy the Russian population with impunity? we have a lot to answer for aggression

Please expand on your statement. Who are you responding to? Details, please!

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JonStone

If Russia or anyone retaliates to a Nuclear attack, they draw their allies in and pre-emptively fire upon their enemies allies too assumedly.

Who is going to have the metal to sit back and say: "No. Let them fire. We shall repel their attacks and make them look like fools for trying to destroy our world".

Nukes, being inglorious weapons of war, are like a childish rhetoric - 'if I cannot have something ten neither can you or anyone else'.

Imagine the captain selfishly going down with the ship an dragging his crew with him - back when honour amongst enemies actually existed. Now imagine that ship being the whole world.. let us hope TPTB has some trump cards up their sleeves to prevent such a catastrophe.
edit on 3/3/2015 by L.A.B because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Oh but what if I told you nukes aren't real? Have you seen one go off with your own eyes? Have you?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: coyote66

Nope. But I spoke to a blind man who had seen burnt shadows.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Sorry but Putin is going to end up making Russia not what it once was like how he stated, but he is quickly turning Russia into the Next North Korea And today i take his crazy threats and place them in the same box with NK in the box of Bullcrap

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: St0mP121

Not really! Putin is changing the course of Russia from looking west to looking East where the real growth for energy is. In Europe, Russia's biggest gas customer Germany is intact. Gas pipelines from Russia to China and further expansion to India make lots of sense.

What Putin is doing today regarding Russia's economic orientation should have been done long time ago like atleast 10-15 years.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: L.A.B

I spoke to a blind man who had seen burnt shadows

That is a...mind blowing phrase.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join