It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible footage of a Megalodon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Link:
www.youtube.com...

I do not know if this has been posted before, I apologize if it has been.
The video above was supposedly a live ocean feed that a kid in Chile saw while monitoring.

You could see a distinct shape of some animal and then its fin and tails. Researchers estimated
that the length of this monster is 62 feet based on the video. Lets compare the shape to some of
largest known marine animals:

Sperm Whale:

Basking Shark:

Megalodon:

It is definitely not a sperm whale. It also doesn't look like a basking shark (A basking shark's fins are more paddle-like), if you look at the video the fin is sharper more triangular like that of a great white. Could it be the legendary megalodon?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
themarysue.com
businessinsider.com

Last year's two-hour special on Discovery, called "Megalodon: The Monster Shark Lives," convinced 70% of viewers that the giant prehistoric shark still existed even as outraged scientists insisted that the show was ludicrous and almost entirely fictional. It didn't help that Discovery made coy comments about the documentary being a legitimate contribution to scientific debate.

This summer, Discovery followed it up with "Megalodon: The New Evidence," which became the highest-rated episode of Shark Week with 4.8 million viewers.

The network recently also aired a fabricated documentary called "Shark of Darkness: Wrath of Submarine" and reportedly lied to scientists to get them to appear in another documentary, "Voodoo Sharks."

Discovery fakes Megalodon sightings I guess...

edit on 19-2-2015 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I hope you're not serious

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I like this video better, what is it? it's not a Great White?
Thing is HUGE if that's a old sunken in the searfloor shark cage we are looking at in the video, if not what is that then so we can scale the actual size of this weird shark? This shark also seems gives off some kind of mucus or oil?

It also was very curious to the camera? Put's its lips on it, Looks like it to me ha ha. It new there was a eye looking at it.

edit on 2/19/15 by proob4 because: Just for the thrill of it! Yea ATS!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The video in op is so bad it could easily be a whale shark.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy
Compare the fins in the OP and to the video I posted and the fins on your pic, see the difference to what you post in comparison to the OP and my video?

edit on 2/19/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
its another
Fictitious documentary

like that one on
mermaids...

not gonna post
a link
Pixelated

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

I don't think that's a shark cage and that shark looks to be a member of genus Somniosus, possibly a Greenland shark (which are pretty large, up to like 21'-24').

As for the video in the OP, the Discovery Channel should really just discontinue the fake documentary format because it's leading to a lot of confusion (remember the mermaid debacle?).

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
It reminds me of the ones they showed in a Canadian river on monsterquest which I believe was the Greenland shark.
edit on 19-2-2015 by CB328 because: typo

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
At least now Discovery has decided to stop doing these fake documentories. I swear the Megladon one fooled even more people than the the Mermaid one. Of course now that it is chopped up on YouTube so none of the warning that it is not real are there.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: proob4

VERY clearly that's a Greenland Shark, and a lucky one at that, as usually their parasites attach to their eyes. And what looks to be a crab trap, not a man-sized shark cage. A little rationale is a crazy thing.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I SO wish that this would be true,
but i doubt it. Definitely looks like a shark, but as for the estimated size?
I don't agree, too few reference points to make that kind of assumption.

edit on 20-2-2015 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Also wanted to add:

originally posted by: proob4
It also was very curious to the camera? Put's its lips on it, Looks like it to me ha ha. It new there was a eye looking at it.

Sharks can sense electric fields, it's how they hunt. Electronic devices and living creatures both emit them.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I watched that "Documentary" of Megalodon the night it came on. Throughout it all, especially during the interviews, I knew it was all staged. Everything felt and looked forced and nothing seemed natural. It didn't feel authentic.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

The network recently also aired a fabricated documentary called "Shark of Darkness: Wrath of Submarine" and reportedly lied to scientists to get them to appear in another documentary, "Voodoo Sharks."

I think the stand out point that needs to be taken from all of this is the lengths corporate media will go to, to make production happen.
here we have a number of "people" that turned out to be actors working with qualified scientist to bring you what was supposed to be a credible story until the whistle was blown.
You know I cant help but feel i've been down this path before, but with a whole heap of people calling me crazy.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

No whistles were blown, this only fooled the more credulous of folk....

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01

I think the stand out point that needs to be taken from all of this is the lengths corporate media will go to, to make production happen.
here we have a number of "people" that turned out to be actors working with qualified scientist to bring you what was supposed to be a credible story until the whistle was blown.
You know I cant help but feel i've been down this path before, but with a whole heap of people calling me crazy.

To be fair they placed warnings on the show multiple times telling the audience it was not real. And lets me honest they were pretty poorly acted with bad CGI and the credits showed that they were all actors. The people who believed in it had to somehow over look all that.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I was going to say that hey it was likely CGI and that it's way too easy to fake video these days then I saw MrSpad's reply and thought it better to agree.

MrSpad
To be fair they placed warnings on the show multiple times telling the audience it was not real. And lets me honest they were pretty poorly acted with bad CGI and the credits showed that they were all actors. The people who believed in it had to somehow over look all that.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Was the Wrath of Submarine one the one with the dramatized rescue? If so, that one was doing fine on being just barely credible until they got to the rescue bits. Then it jumped the shark. Their ability to generate effects fell behind what they were trying to portray and it just got too hokey and bad sci-fi looking. I'm surprised it fooled anyone who watched it past that point.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The new head at the Discovery channel has already said that there will be no more Fictitious documentaries.

wilwheaton.net...

<<   2 >>

join