It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive 50-foot 'DRAGON' dinosaur "Qijianglong" unearthed in Qijiang city China

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Do Chinese Dragons have wings, i thought they were water animals in Chinese myth, more like big snakes?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TexasSeabee
a reply to: Wolfenz

If we consider the possibility that earth had less gravity with different type of atmosphere that was conducive to large growth of plants and large availability of food that little guy could grow quite large if the conditions were ideal. So in my mind that cool little lizard could have been huge and terrifying at one point.

Right ... Long Long Ago ... There Was Dragons that Do Exist ... but Not what you Think...
it Whether or Not If they have had Existed With Us Humans at the Same time ... of any Roaming around in the Niches of the Planet ...

Here is the Dragons !!

You Would think they Where in Their Time..

That were in the Skies on Ancient Earth According to Science .. and Found Existing Bones

That were On LAND In the Sky and In the Sea From Ancient Earth to the Dark Ages & Times
According to Myth's, Culture's, Religion's In Europe Asia & The PRE-Americas.. No Bones Found of Yet..

Speaking of Earth Atmosphere & Gravity

what i just came across

Earth’s Early Atmosphere
Dec 2, 2011 \
www.astrobio.net...

??? HMM in Astrology Mag

Despite being the atmosphere that life currently breathes, lives, and thrives on, our current oxidized atmosphere is not currently understood to be a great starting point for life. Methane and its oxygen-poor counterparts have much more biologic potential to jump from inorganic compounds to life-supporting amino acids and DNA. As such, Watson thinks the discovery of his group may reinvigorate theories that perhaps those building blocks for life were not created on Earth, but delivered from elsewhere in the galaxy. - See more at: www.astrobio.net...

According to the University OF Michigan

According to recently developed geochemical models, oxygen levels are believed to have climbed to a maximum of 35 percent and then dropped to a low of 15 percent during a 120-million-year period that ended in a mass extinction at the end of the Permian. Such a jump in oxygen would have had dramatic biological consequences by enhancing diffusion-dependent processes such as respiration, allowing insects such as dragonflies, centipedes, scorpions and spiders to grow to very large sizes. Fossil records indicate, for example, that one species of dragonfly had a wing span of 2 1/2 feet. Geochemical models indicate that near the close of the Paleozoic era, during the Permian period, global atmospheric oxygen levels dropped to about 15 percent, lower that the current atmospheric level of 21 percent. The Permian period is marked by one of the greatest extinctions of both land and aquatic animals, including the giant dragonflies. But it is not believed that the drop in oxygen played a significant role in causing the extinction. Some creatures that became specially adapted to living in an oxygen-rich environment, such as the large flying insects and other giant arthropods, however, may have been unable to survive when the oxygen atmosphere underwent dramatic change.

www.globalchange.umich.edu...

Air From Dinosaurs' Age Suggests Dramatic Change
By JAMES GLEICK, Special to the New York Times
Published: October 29, 1987
www.nytimes.com...

PHOENIX, Oct. 28— Tiny bubbles trapped in amber for 80 million years have given scientists their first direct look at the earth's atmosphere in the time of the dinosaurs, a mix of gases that appears dramatically different from the air we breathe today. A preliminary analysis suggests that the ancient atmosphere may have been 50 percent richer in the oxygen that sustains the animal life of the planet.

Raising giant insects to unravel ancient oxygen
Date:
October 30, 2010
Source:
Geological Society of America
www.sciencedaily.com...

Giant insects disappeared thanks to falling oxygen levels and agile birds

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DjembeJedi

One huge problem

Dragons have wings !

I see no relation to Dragon's. You are calling a apple a orange OP. This is click bait.

I am dissatisfied

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarthFazer
a reply to: DjembeJedi

One huge problem

Dragons have wings !

I see no relation to Dragon's. You are calling a apple a orange OP. This is click bait.

I am dissatisfied

just ugh.. i give up on this thread .

some people

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
"Chinese dragons" don't have wings

"water deities"

And variations across the area:

Sanggar Agung Temple Surabaya, Indonesia

References: Wiki, Image search
edit on 17-2-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Great examples thanks!

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavedweller88
I'll just leave this right here....lol

First time I saw this lady I thought she had a sixth grade education at the very least...

My GF's niece has that that book though...

And im slightly shocked she can read at a 3rd grade level

But if you watch closely, shes not actually reading... she just looking at the pictures...

edit on 17-2-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavedweller88
I'll just leave this right here....lol

If boobs were brains she would be a genius.
According to her maths, she has to eat over 3 pounds of food a day just to survive, assuming she's about 150.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
To the people questioning how it stayed balanced with such a long neck and little tail, how does a giraffe stay balanced??

How dinosaurs grew the longest necks

Text In their study, Taylor and his colleagues found that the neck bones of sauropods possessed a number of traits that supported such long necks. For instance, air often made up 60 percent of these animals' necks, with some as light as birds' bones, making it easier to support long chains of the bones. The muscles, tendons and ligaments were also positioned around these vertebrae in a way that helped maximize leverage, making neck movements more efficient.

In addition, the dinosaurs' giant torsos and four-legged stances helped provide a stable platform for their necks. In contrast, giraffeshave relatively small torsos, while ostriches have two-legged stances.

edit on 19-2-2015 by SalientSkivvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I love how she starts off like "oh hi i didn't see you were there!" Like she forgot she was filming herself.
And yes, she clearly wasn't reading, just quickly flipping through the pages, I don't think she was even looking at the pages. She must have been home schooled, because I dont know a single kid who didn't like dinosaurs.

I didn't make it further then 60 seconds in before my head started to hurt..
.. At least she's pretty hahaha...
edit on 19-2-2015 by SalientSkivvy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join