It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery animal , dog ape or both .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Now i normally take these type of videos with a pinch of salt . But this one took my eye and kind of creeped me out . This thing in my opinion walk kind of like a bat , but given the palm fronds it kind of large . The only thing that makes question this video is the fact they did not capture it . Or perhaps like me upon seeing this thing they swore not to start drinking so early . Thought ATS .

www.9news.com.au...

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Weird. The way it was moving it seemed as though it was either sick or a baby. It seemed to be struggling. I have no idea what that thing is.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Walks like a bat? Whatever it is i feel bad for as it was beaten unconscious. So of course it's walking oddly.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
maybe a sloth with mange?

Moves a lot like a sloth
edit on am20000002815Mon, 02 Feb 2015 01:08:57 -0600 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
haha, looked to me like a deformed Malaysian dog.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
People in the comments as well as various other sites are all saying it's a sun bear with some form of skin disease.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapTheGinkels

If something like that attacked me i sure as hell wouldnt try to pat it . The thing looks like Gollum who i also found creepy .
edit on 2-2-2015 by hutch622 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
maybe a sloth with mange?

Moves a lot like a sloth

The front legs look like a sloth's.... however this is how sloths move

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Charizard

Yes its a pity we dont see it front on .

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Charizard
People in the comments as well as various other sites are all saying it's a sun bear with some form of skin disease.

It seems you may be right. Here's another article.
www.thestar.com.my...

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

It seems you may be right. Here's another article.

Lets hope if it is a sun bear that it is found and looked after . Still creepy looking though .

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Yes. Have to admit. I felt bad watching the little guy crawling there. The inner me wanted to scoop him /her up in a warm blanket and get to a vet. Rather than filming it, as it may have been suffering.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
It looks like a sunbear with mange, very tired and dehydrated, with a possible broken leg from being beaten. :\

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Do sun bears have 7 claws on each foot???

Actually a quick Google search reveals they have 5 claws on each foot. Take a look at the picture of the thing close up... That's one messed up bear if it is.
edit on 2-2-2015 by Boomy327 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Did anyone else notice it had 7 claws on its front paw/foot?? Seems a little abnormal to me...

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
That being said, if you google a malnourished bear, it has a striking resemblance!

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Nice find Hutch!

It clearly looks (And acts) like a dope (dog ape) lol..

On a serious note,it is a shame there was no front viewing,but you can still see enough though to gain some ideas.

It did actually have a dog like head and it's arms were quite monkey/bat like,although it made quite a meal out of climbing over some branches, so maybe it is more ground based? Hmmm..it seemed to have talon like 'hands' as well.

I can quite easily see this has the potential to be a new species,as this area has a lot of untold secrets and there is still a lot out there (even on land) that is unknown.

On first impressions,the closest comparable animal I can liken it to is an oversized marsupial/bush baby type thing?

Very interesting though I must say! Thanks for the share.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The poor thing looks injured or sick. Of course one of the workers said they beat it till it passed out.
Typical.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: FireflyStars

Winner winner chicken dinner! I was just about to type that when I thought I had better see if someone beat me to the punch.
It seems that every mangy, hairless animal is suddenly a cryptid. At least the video was clear. Star for the OP.
Poor little feller...Needs medical care.
edit on 2/2/2015 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It appears to have fingers. Possibly a very sick, malformed baboon?

<<   2 >>

join