It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panicked super rich buying boltholes with private airstrips to escape if poor rise up

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Super rich hedge fund managers are buying 'secret boltholes' where they can hideout in the event of civil uprising against growing inequality, it has been claimed.

Nervous financiers from across the globe have begun purchasing landing strips, homes and land in areas such as New Zealand so they can flee should people rise up.

With growing inequality and riots such as those in London in 2011 and in Ferguson and other parts of the USA last year, many financial leaders fear they could become targets for public fury.

Robert Johnson, president of the Institute of New Economic Thinking, told people at the World Economic Forum in Davos that many hedge fund managers were already planning their escapes.

www.mirror.co.uk...

New Zealand, eh? Yeah well maybe Lake Taupo (a Supervolcano) will erupt once they are there, and get em anyway (hopefully after our good friend muzzy on ATS gets out of there- of course he probably will being an earthquake guru, hehe).

Seriously though, like people won't know who they are and where they went? I think the average person can tolerate a certain amount of income inequality, and that's acceptable. But when it reaches the gluttonous, obese proportions that is has with so few people controlling SO MUCH of the world's wealth, what do these insanely rich bastards expect? A homecoming party?

Look at the rats squeal as the ship goes down, and try to buy lifeboats. HAHA. It's a little late for that, sukkas.

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Yeah our f^#£ed up government keeps selling land to rich bas tards from overseas country's for their little safe havens while Kiwis can't afford to buy land or houses anymore. Rise up I tell you, rise up.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Don't worry, we'll get them when they run out of fuel and have to land.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I would need to see more evidence of an increase, because the rich have always been buying up islands and remote places for their other homes, and these things usually then need an airstrip to access... This is not a new phenomena, and I think this particular tabloid rag is making a story out of nothing in order to stoke a dramatic sense of a coming civil turmoil.

Don't get me wrong, I do think there will likely be something like that, because the economic chasm is growing, the super rich are still funnelling all the wealth to themselves, and governments seem powerless to stop it (as if they wanted to).

We've reached a point where systems are in place to continue endlessly funnelling wealth to the same small group of people, and every time a government starts printing money to attempt to stabilize the economy it instantly ends up in that funnel and goes right to the top again.

All our governments are doing is pumping money into an already one-way system, making the super rich more rich, and increasing the poverty level for the masses. There is no indication that this is going to change any time soon, because our governments have no interest in dealing with the actual problem.

This can only end in civil unrest eventually, when this pattern is fully exposed. You can expect to see the largest corporations and bankers being targeted within a couple of years, in my humble opinion. It's already starting in some respects, with increasing protests against corporations like Wal Mart. Of course, that's over modern slavery and not over the system created to funnel wealth to the same people, but once folks start figuring out that each corporation/bank has tentacles all over the world pumping wealth out of communities to the same families the outrage will grow.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

They can run but the poor are now global too

Lol

Poor Globalists

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
It's funny how these people put so many people's savings at risk to make the half a percent they make. Now, I bet their money is not at risk, they probably even have rules that they cannot invest in the markets. Rules put there to guarantee they do not lose their money.

A person will jeopardize another person's money to make a little, the more people they convince to participate, the more they make. Most insurance companies in this country cannot even pay out five percent of the claims of the people they insure if it all happened at the same time. But have no fear, the taxpayer will step up and bail them out.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
so they are now admitting they know we know that they are pigs.......interesting.....maybe that is why they are looking to colonize mars sooner than later

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Wouldn't it just be easier not to be insanely greedy?

How hard is it?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder

Wouldn't it just be easier not to be insanely greedy?

How hard is it?

Nice sentiment, unfortunately that will never happen. Please don't ask me to provide proof, it's inherent in these soulless b*****ds psyche.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
What it is with people being obsessed with trying to take everyone else's money or stop anyone else from becoming wealthy?
(spare me the "oh I like wealth, I hate greed" bs).

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
People have been doing this for years. I remember discussing it on ATS in 2007/08/09. Like Bush and his property down in South America, Bolivia maybe?

Anyways, if I had the money, I'd do it too.

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18
What it is with people being obsessed with trying to take everyone else's money or stop anyone else from becoming wealthy?
(spare me the "oh I like wealth, I hate greed" bs).

It wouldn't ba an issue if half the folks who work in America weren't on the verge of homelessness and starvation.

Why is it if someone just wants to be able to afford basic food and shelter after they work a 40 hour week they have to be against wealth and want to take other folks money?

Don't give me they can just get a better job bs....there arent any.

Over half the jobs in this country pay poverty wages.

This means half the workers will be in poverty.

This is the problem.....like you didn't know this already though.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
What is wrong with you people? There is always going to be inequality. It will never go away. We need inequality to exist until such time there is a Utopia where all people are equal, there is no need for money or commodities, etc. Until that time, there will be the need for money and when there is a need for money and services there will always be those who have more because they choose to spend it differently than others. Come on! It doesn't take a Rhodes Scholar to process that fact. a reply to: TrueAmerican

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

You can expect to see the largest corporations and bankers being targeted within a couple of years, in my humble opinion

Yeah maybe on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram/SnapChat/etc....Man, people in this era are so effing lazy, this will never happen to the scale needed for change and believe me, the elite know this....This is the main reason it keeps on churning the way it has been and getting worse...Everyone wants the next person to take part and make a change for everyone while they sit on the couch and watch these events unfold on tv....You would need one powerful individual to open the eyes of most, to actually talk the lazy into taking part, I just don't see it...
edit on 1/27/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: mdl59
What is wrong with you people? There is always going to be inequality. It will never go away. We need inequality to exist until such time there is a Utopia where all people are equal, there is no need for money or commodities, etc. Until that time, there will be the need for money and when there is a need for money and services there will always be those who have more because they choose to spend it differently than others. Come on! It doesn't take a Rhodes Scholar to process that fact. a reply to: TrueAmerican

People require food and shelter to continue to gave life.

Nobody demands everyone gets paid the same...they demand to make enough for food and shelter when they work 40 hours.

How dence are people that can't understand that?

There is a far cry between everyone making the same and some having everything while others that work fulltime starve on the streets.

It doesn't have to be either or....there is a giant range of in between.

You know this already, stop acting like you don't.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: mdl59
Can you explain just why you feel that 'WE' need inequality to exist? Is it because without poverty the obscenely wealthy wouldn't be able to feel how wealthy they actually are with nothing to compare it favourably with? I tend to think that equality would be far the better option, for all.
Only the little people pay taxes right? Then why don't their feelings and wishes influence governments as opposed to power,influence and of course the root of those...money?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Now you all know the truth. The protagonist in every apocalypse movie is a survivor from the .1%

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder

Nobody demands everyone gets paid the same...they demand to make enough for food and shelter when they work 40 hours.

Then maybe they should get more education, more experience, and more skills so they can provide more value and get paid more money.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Panicked super rich buying boltholes with private airstrips to escape if poor rise up

What I find ironic is that the super rich wanting to escape and hide as the Chinese are buying up vacant land and property; even in my small village.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
For some reason I doubt they'll make room for their white knights on this website that defend these cockroaches.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join