It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else just not care about Ukraine/ Russia conflict?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
When it first happened i was shocked and felt so sorry for Ukraine, but now it just appears to be a load of lies/ disinformation from both parties.. Russia clearly providing soldiers under the guise of civilians..
And the whole ``the rebels are close to a cease fire,`` to ``oh no we are on the run again,`` like how many times has that happened over the last year?

I just really do not care anymore. Honestly, yes its terrible that civilians are dying, but i just simply do not care anymore. Ukraine have no spine, literally allowing Crimea to fall without firing a shot, last year, and Russia are just a bunch of liers who have lied time and time again.
Russia are like the trolls of eastern Europe.

I just look at it the same way how i would look at a bunch of drunks arguing on a street corner.. i will look, listen, get bored after a minute and walk on, and that is exactly how i treat the Ukraine Russia conflict.

I mean its not like the whole Syria/Isis thing where it has a direct and IMMEDIATE effect on Europe and the US
this is just a boring, petty squabble where the people running it have the letter L for lier, written on their foreheads and i simply do not care about it anymore.

Anybody else feel the same
edit on 22-1-2015 by kayleighkitty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
It really depends on where you stand doesnt it? a reply to: kayleighkitty

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Er, yes I care.

Ukraine has been at the hard end of an injustice meted out by Russia, both with the annexation of Crimea and the meddling in the eastern part of the country which caused a great deal of destruction and death, has left one civilian airliner in ruins, and pushed a massive wedge into Ukrainian society that will take generations to heal. The latter objective suits Russia very much.

The consequences for Russia is also notable, not least the sanctions that impact Russians - except the corrupt autocrats in charge, and the rise of nationalism in Russia coupled with "were are the victims really" (sad face) politics.

Regards

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I don't personally care for most of these world conflicts, at least not to the extent that most people do, i read up about them just to keep up with current events, but yeah, i get your point.
in America especially they need something to be afraid of.
That conflict is probably more talked about than in both of those places.
There is a fetish, that seems all american, to be constantly afraid of russia for no real reason.
Israel has done waaaaaaaay more damage than russia has in the past few years, but Russia is Russia it's that place that america primarily needs to complain about no matter what they do. I live in the czech republic, so comparatively speaking, i am right next to the conflict, and even here, nobody gives a crap.
It's been blown way out of proportion because there is money to be made in creating fear and tension.
And at this point of my life, maybe age, maybe experience, maybe ready too much, i just can't bring myself to care.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: kayleighkitty

You're right... all sides in this conflict have been lying and/or playing dirty at some point.
The Russians, the eastern-Ukrainians, the western-Ukrainians, aswell as the West.

I, for one, to even choose a side in this mess, would have to know more reliable information.
I'm still waiting for the official findings of a series of investigations, starting with the Maidan-shootings, the OSZE-NATO/BND ties, up to the MH17-case.

But until that... I don't care anymore.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I have a masters in this field, I care about everything.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

if you listen to the media spin it is easy to disassociate with it......do not forget these are people just like you and me going through a really sh## time......we the people need to work together and not against each other or we will end up being the story someone else reads and wants to disassociate from

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Could this have been avoided? I think so but yous know plans are made not to benefit us all but the certain 1% of the population, i think its so obvious they do not really give one frag about us when they make these plans, wars come so easy, ppl do not even really care whats the reason anymore, its just business as usual, world will grow with hate of difference, learning to be violent against each other and so on, i think the dark-ages got nuthin over whats coming....

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   

I think the Ukraine and Russia is actually - however unpopular - an emotional problem or a people split by borders. It happens all over the world; but many Russians have suffered very badly and their hearts are on their sleeves when it comes to being separated from relatives and friends.

I doubt there is anything much the outside world can do and part of this problem lies firmly with bambam and the eu because they have tried to breach an agreement of not letting europe encroach on russian borders.

Sanctions against russia won't help as bambam and sidekick cam damn well know, they will just aggravate the situation and I expect its a ploy to distract russia from the ME. But people are involved here and the sooner we let them settle the matter privately probably the sooner peace will settle again.

A lot of the russian meddling has been in areas where the people voted for independence so what is the solution?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: romilo

I think you are so right about the real reasons behind the meddling of the Western allies. Its never about improving life for the people only the 1% and I just hope their time is coming to face their own music, because most of us are sick and tired of their relentless accumulation of wealth at the blood and lives of others.

I will never forget seeing on the front page of a magazine I think it was Hello the pictures of the lifestyle of one of the world's biggest arms dealers in his luxurious palace with his wife and daughters dripping diamonds and jewellery. It was so disgusting I was ashamed at the shallow celebrity these blood suckers receive from the gullible public. They should be getting rotten eggs thrown at them not adulation.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   

This is so profoundly how I feel. In my generation, we have had Korea, Viet Nam, Grenada, The Gulf, Iraq, Afghanistan, now this ISIS. I am sick of all of them. I am sick of my children's and their children's future being spent on people who hate us.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Get used to it .. the longer you live you will see the sad little game continue .. only the names of the players change ..

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The real victims here are all those Ukranian and Russian Girls between 20-30 that I am not able to meet at the moment.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I think it is an interesting topic which should be constantly monitored due to the potential ramifications. But i am also sick of seeing all the propaganda from both sides. Even on ATS, when i see pro US or pro Russian members post articles which are clearly slanted, i roll my eyes and move on.

That said, i very much feel for the people caught up in all of the mess over there. War is never a pretty sight, and it is war which Ukraine is currently experiencing. I do hope it settles down soon, for the sake of the affected population and wider region in general.

edit on 22-1-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I don't care about any of the world conflicts (Russia, Israel, Syria, ISIS) because:

1. Life's too short for me to devote ANY energy into it.
2. There's nothing I can do about it.
3. I would be fooling myself if I thought I knew the truth.
4. I will not live in fear or let any of it make me stressed, anxious or worried.
5. I will not take a side in any conflict that I am ignorant about (see #3)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Does anyone else just not care about Ukraine/ Russia conflict?

I don't have the time to keep up with Russia /Ukraine problems, the new season of Merikan Idol is on.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

If you study the beginning of WWII and the reasons Germany started the war you will find a frightening parallel to the current situation with Russia.

Sure there are lots of little regional wars, but this one has the potential to be quite different. I think it's worth caring about.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Everybody cares about the situation until we send ten thousand troops in to fight. Then it becomes a slaughter of innocents with calls for war crime trials.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

*raises hand*

I could make an argument for either side being right. That usually means that neither side is.

<<   2 >>

join