It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Homeless) Children CAGED to keep the streets clean for the Pope

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Stuff like this makes me sick. As John Prine says, some humans ain't human.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Suffer the little children to come unto me....and ill jail their homeless little asses!
Way to go Popee!

Before you accuse the pope, it was the Philippine government that did this to HIDE them from the pope
Engage the brain before the mouth..

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I wonder if a few have been put aside in a cage for the popes own amusement.
I wouldnt be surprised with what I have learned in recent years.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Suffer the little children to come unto me....and ill jail their homeless little asses!
Way to go Popee!

you realize that the Pope didn't actually do this...right??

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Stuff like this makes me sick. As John Prine says, some humans ain't human.

Yeah but let's confine this to the Philippines govt and leave Republicans out of it can we??

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Someone hit the reset button, please.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see what, if anything, the Pope actually says and/or does while in the Phillipines regarding this situation. I am not going to attack the Pope over this unless he also fails these kids and ignores the topic.

One of the events he's scheduled to attend is an opening of the Pope Francis center for the poor, which the Vatican paid for. When I was reading up on that, I was kind of depressed over it. They built a facillity designed to house 80 people... 80 folks seems to be less than a drop in the bucket when compared to the actual number of impoverished and homeless in the country. I will also be interested to hear whether he views that facility as a "one and done" action by the Church, or the first step in assisting the Phillipines in solving their crisis.

I don't dislike this Pope... I haven't disliked any of the Popes, but at the same time I think that Papal priorities are a bit skewed. That may be something entirely outside of their control, however.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I felt the same way about those UAC's caged here not too long ago.

From down south.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

This is atrocious!

Rebel 5

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Slightly different situation. The Phillipines hasn't been flooded by alien refugees. These kids are their own and preparations should have been in place to properly care for them. The US/Mexcio border crap has been an unanticipated deluge poorly handled by those in charge.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Maybe it's a Catholic clergy contract clause to keep homeless children locked in cages when their in town.

Kind of like Van Halen's removal of all brown M&Ms from candy bowls.
edit on 15-1-2015 by rupertg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Yeah I guess so.

I stopped paying attention to the Philipines after WW2, and the scams of the 100,000 bills that was sent there during.

Still agree with you.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Are there no prisons? Are there no Union workhouses?

Cretinous urchins....caging them is for their own good, I am sure.

Bah! Humbug!

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Democrat, Republican, it's all the same anymore. Neither "side" works for the people. I'm independent.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

And a star for you! You are absolutely right. I laugh my butt off everytime I see the ignorance of "the Democrats are at fault" or the "Republicans are at fault".

Ignorant clap trap. The dems are for the little guy right? So...why didnt the "war on poverty" succeed even just a little bit? Why are 7 out of the 10 richest (may have changed with the new congress) congress members Democrats? Yeah...the rich...they are all for the little guy, right?

Don't get me wrong. I do not support govt authorized felonious theft. The govt needs to be reeled in, the govt needs to be taught that our money is not their money unless we let them have it. Govt spending for all kinds of BS is the problem. Taxing the hell out of people is the problem. Taxation removes money from the economy and does not NOT contribute to a good economy beyond providing basic infrastructure and security.

Our 2 party system is a grand play...choreographed to keep us busy and not watching the man behind the curtains. Pay no attention to him....watch all the fireworkds and special effects.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

I wish there was one. I really do.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The same kind of crap happens all over the world for every televised/publicised crap event that ever happens..... Can't have the ugly poor ruining everything with their existance now can we?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
You really think that the pope doesn't know about this?

If the press knows about it, the pope certainly does. The fact that he has said nothing about it, actually speaks volumes about his true character.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Philippines

manilastandardtoday.com...

PASAY aims to remove children working for begging syndicates in the streets before the Pope’s visit later this month, a city official said Friday.

Pasay Social Welfare Department head Rosalinda Orobia told the ManilaStandard the move would prevent the syndicates from taking advantage of the papal visit.

“They know the Pope cares about poor kids, and they will take advantage of that,” Orobia said of the syndicates.

Orobia said the city government has been conducting regular operations to weed out syndicates from legitimate groups providing shelter to children who were abandoned by their parents and were begging in the streets.

Is a "begging syndicate" exactly what it sounds like? An organized criminal group that essentially "pimps" the poor? There seem to be a lot of wrinkles on both sides here...

Yes it is what it sounds like. There are "pumps" that many of these kids have to turn their takings in to. One reason we do notice them money. And if you are dumb enough to give out money, next thing you know you could have 20 or more mob you begging. A lot of these street kids are also pickpockets. And again it gets turned into their "pumps"

Edit. Something I just found out when I mentioned this to a Filipino, it is actually against the law to give these kids money. And in Manila these kids are a huge problem. Just a few weeks ago after security stopped one of these street children begging at the mall doors a pack of them attacked him.

One of my best friends here was a street child out in the provinces, at least there it wasn't an organized thing. What needs to happen is for these kids to be taken in by homes, but the government can not afford to do it. There are private homes but it is now extremely hard to start Such an organization as requirements and standards are set so high (and of course the government ones Don,t even come close to those standards). To make matters wise many of the private runs ones have had to close because funding dried up in the US and Canada due to the economic situation, as people could no longer afford to donate funds.
edit on 16-1-2015 by generik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The pope told them that he would punch any kid they came near him so they are just protecting them...

So do people think this is just done because the pope is in town? This is just normal ops...don't like it then adopt a few...hell in Brazil there are 2 million on the streets and 1/2 of them would cut your throat for 20 bucks the other half would do it for 10.

The reality of the world....but then I guess the pope is evil...lol

<< 1  2    4 >>

join