It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mohammed Cartoon On next edition of Charlie Hebdo Cover

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

It's like kicking a dead dog. You already know the reaction. Hunt you some extremists ya dumb bastards. Get the Muslim voice behind it and not the extreme ones. This would give it power. The little parade and doing the same thing is dumb as hell. While you're at it, check yourself and your governments policies that had a hand in creating it in the first place. Remember that when you go vote. If not, buy ammo.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

And no one starred your post except me. Goes to show how little people care about what's really going on. All this conflict between the two factions because of....drum roll please...because of who they consider to be in the blood line of Mohammad.

There will never be any reasoning with this religion. I wish Constantine was here.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

You seen to misunderstand my stance. Watch that video. There are extremists and there are good people in that religion. I'm saying a call to arms with those good Muslims to end extremism. Peacefully co-exist or go away. I know it's going to be the natural progression when it's all said and done. Then we can get on our governments ass about having a hand in creating them. Hold all these mother #ers accountable!

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Yeah, it's a tough one ain't it? what to do what to do...pacing back and forth twiddle thumbs, what to do...

I would have to agree with your posts. The arm'n arm marching in solidarity is an nice gesture, for all of us but the radicals aren't quaking in their boots that's for sure. Comical images of Mohammad is pointless, all though brave and gutsy to do it again but pointless.

One of my mother's clients for years is a moderate Muslim and one day she asked her about this. She said there's only one way to stop them. A dictatorship. And that's coming from a Muslim. Something to think about. The world has gone bleeding heart with political correctness. They've forgotten about the the brutality of the past which has lead us to the freedoms we have. Make no mistake people, we are still just as brutal just we've learned to hide it.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I don't believe in any religion but have read the Bible. This one part was powerful in it's context.

Lord forgive them for they know not what they do.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

No I think I've got ya. I know it must change from within. And if it can't well, let the heads roll.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Only the deserving. You know, the guilty.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMistCartoonists don't have total freedom of expression, editors might always knock back a cartoon for all sorts of reasons. But I suppose they should always approve anything that whips a silly enemy into a lethal frenzy - maybe not so smart.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
I don't believe in any religion but have read the Bible. This one part was powerful in it's context.

Lord forgive them for they know not what they do.

Oh "god", we meet again. I'm stalking you, ya know.

Yeah! I'm just gonna agree with you this time.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I want blood but I don't want innocent blood. I was trying to put into context that all Muslims are not extremists. I want to focus on the guilty. I guess most sane people do also.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
It looks like it could be Osama Bin Laden or any Middle Eastern Muslim to me. Does it say on there anyplace that it is Mohamed?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Maybe watch the Sam Harris/ Bill Mayer/ Ben Afflec debate. Not all are extremists, but an alarming majority think apostates should be stoned to death. Even the "moderate" ones.

What to do...what to do...twiddles thumbs.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: elevenaugust
The cartoon:

Thanks for posting.

Hey, I don't see anywhere it says "Prophet Mohammed".

How do we know this is supposed to be the Prophet?

Guy with turban and beard, could be Sikh, could be Jewish Baker,
and in fact, he's holding a sign that says "JESUS".

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I want blood but I don't want innocent blood. I was trying to put into context that all Muslims are not extremists. I want to focus on the guilty. I guess most sane people do also.

Yes, I was raised "People are their Heart". In a Power of Positive thought belief. Metaphysics in the 50s. Before most people had a clue.

However, I am no pacifist to injustice.
edit on 13-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I can respect that. I'm far from being a pacifist also. I might dwell on a deep sense of justice a little too much but I try not to misdirect it. That doesn't mean I don't get things wrong at times. When it comes down to innocent people being harmed or murdered, I have no mercy in me. I also get frustrated at the moves on the grand chess board. I try to make sense of it all but I'm not going to believe what they force feed us on the corrupted media. The problem is multifaceted.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
On the commute into work this morning, they had a news item on the radio about this. Part of that news piece was a brief interview with the head of (I think they said) the French council of Jews, where he talked about "freedom of speech" and the freedom to caricature the prophet Mohammed etc.

I was immediately astounded at the hypocrisy of the guy. Freedom of speech and the ability to caricature anyone or anything indeed! Except that is, Jews, Israel, any Jewish icons, in fact anything at all pertaining to Judaism or Israel, as history has shown us time and again how that turns out. Do so and you can be prosecuted, lose your job and be smeared left right and centre in the press. The same press that will scream about freedom of speech!

The Charlie Hebdo thing reeks of hypocrisy and a planned mass marketing campaign. Having seen many of those cartoons since the shooting incident, it appears to have been more of a shock and offense rag than having any real political commentary or satirical value.

I am sure there will be some more "events" to come after the next planned "inflammatory" cartoon, just to keep it front and centre and usher in some more much needed mass surveillance and police state tactics.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

I believe you're right about this being used to add more surveillance. The police state is growing world wide. So, in that line of thinking, they want to destroy the human spirit. I hope the human spirit rises up and ends the bull#. Let's place bets on when humanity finally takes the power back.

2020 !!!

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I'm just tired of reading the same mantra from everyone here. yada yada right thing to do (yawn). Listen, I'm tearing up inside about this. Tearing as in rip. I really am. I'm seriously seriously debating about doing a very nice painting of the prophet and sit outside the art gallery with my work of art. Then, and only then, will I come back here and say it's the right thing to do. Everyone else? Cowards. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, just I call a spade a spade when I see one. It's easy to sit at home behind a computer and root the freedom of expression.

Charlie on the other hand, brave I say. Nards the size of basketballs. Good for them, I respect that.

Showing solidarity isnt cowardly, I could sit outside in the middle of the city Im in with an effigy of Mo Mo bent over with me doing him from behind and no one here would have the slightest clue what Im on about or what it means.
So are you suggesting we should be saying its the wrong thing to do?
I really dont understand why you are so upset at all of us supporting what this mag is doing, even if that support simply consists of us giving them a thumbs up on this site its more than people who are doing absolutely nothing are doing.
It seems like you have alot of misplaced anger and yes, right now you do sound like a jerk

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Fair enough, but sometimes jerks are jerks because they're right.

I've already nicely explained why. I think the cartoons are dumb and I think anyone who defends them are cowards if they don't have the guts to put out. Simple

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

No, the extremists are looking at it as a win. They won't stop. Violence is the only way out of it. It's the only language that makes sense to them. Until people understand that, you'll have more of the same. Quit singing and grab a rifle.

And you are reacting exactly as the extremist wants. Do you really think the extremist wants us all to live in peace and harmony? If you take the time to listen to what ex-extremists (e.g. muslim teenagers who woke up and grew up) have to say they will tell you that the extremists have two aims :

1. Cajole the moderate muslims into accepting a caliphate as the only safe solution for them.
2. Provoke the white non muslim into taking up arms for a holy war.

Using humour and taking th p.. out of extremists takes the wind out if their sails. Unfortunately this sentiment is too often lost on a shoot from the hip mentality that pervades the US mindset.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join