It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you enjoying the Single Life?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
As a single 28 year-old male, I find myself to be in two minds about whether I feel satisfied in life or not. There are times when I really enjoy the freedom and lack of baggage that comes with being single, but there are also times when I feel like I am missing out on something special. Quite a few people my age are in serious relationships or getting married, with some even starting a family of their own. This leads me to question whether I ought to be happy doing my own thing or whether, deep down, I crave the companionship of a significant other.

What are your views on living the Single Life?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I love it. Got my own crib. Can do whatever i want whenever i want. Ofcourse sometimes i miss female companion. But i'm not the the type who wants to settle down 4 life get kids etc etc. I always had girlfriends and never had time for myself to get to know myself. Since being single for a few years i got in contact with my innerself. Only then can u find true happyness imo

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

I have been single a really long time, I don't think I could be in a relationship now, set in my ways don't you know. I do sometimes wish for love and companionship, but then I think about all the downsides. I am not out there looking. I am not above flirting, but I would get really scared if someone pursued me. I am female and very independent.
edit on 8-1-2015 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
there is no real answer to be honest, it kinda depends on where you are in life or what you plan on doing before getting into a serious relationship.
I'm almost 31, and have been in a pretty brilliant relationship for the past 2 years, she really seems to be above anyone else i have dated so far.
But maybe i say that just because i have gotten pretty much everything out of my system, i did what i wanted to do, and don't feel like i'm missing out.
So maybe that's the advise i can give you: get as much out of your system as possible, do all the things you know you cannot do when you have, to whatever degree, responsibilities towards another person.
My personal opinion is that most relationships have a hard time because people rush into them at a young age, and if you don't have a chance to live enough, you eventually feel the relationship is like an anchor, and in time you resent the other person because you didn't get to do things that you wanted or wished about.
it took me a while to check out most of my list, but now that i have, i am in a mindset where i can take care of another person.
So take your time, do what you really want, in time you will feel you have done enough, and then you will probably be able to be in a relationship and feel comfortable about it. no reason to rush

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Yes and no.
After a drink I get a little lonely but when I sober up I remember the beatings I took from 3 ex wives and the fact (like now) I can walk around in my underpants and answer the door to the nice post lady
She laughs everytime

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I've only just got into a relationship after being single for about 10 years. I'm enjoying being in a relationship. There are lots of benefits to it, I'm sure the honey moon period will wear off, but for now I'm happy very happy, so I'll enjoy the benefits of being in a relationship for now and not fear becoming single again.as both have their plus and minus points. If you are single, don't worry. You never know what's round the corner. I thought I was destined to be single forever then I had a stroke and am now dating one of the nurses from the rehab hospital. Funny how life works. We have to be careful as if anyone at her work finds out she'll probably lose her job, this goes beyond the bounds of usual nurse/patient relationship. Still, we only started seeing each other once I'd been discharged

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I had the opportunity to start dating a 23 year old at work..I'm 40
but seeing one of us would have to leave I didn't take it any further.
Shame I suppose but I dunno If dating a girl 16 years my junior would have been good for me lol.
Congrats on your new relationship fella.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Oh and just to add OP I think it is the expectation from society to do what your pals are doing...getting married having kids etc.
You don't have to do that you know as long as you are happy in life do what you want not what is expected of you by others.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Cheers mate. 16 years is a big gap. I was tempted to try it on with another nurse who was 24 and 11 years younger than me. I decided it would never work out. She's still out partying every weekend, where I'm more of a pipe and slippers man? My current girlfriend is 4 years younger and we have much more in common and operate at the same speed so works well , I just crave the quiet life these days a reply to: boymonkey74

edit on 8-1-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Oh an age difference can work my Mums husband is 22 years her junior and they have been together for over 20 years
He is only 6 years older than me and a great guy a better step dad than my real one
It is just I remember twenty year olds when I was married and dating and they bugged me then so I thought she would just bug me more now.
Biggest thing what said no to me appart from the work situation was her taste in music....
One direction......
Enough said eh? lol.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Yep..
1. no constant nagging.
2. tranquillity in my house.
3. not being used for walking a.t.m.
4. not being stabbed in back
5. house is cleaner.
6. I cook better

at times want/need can find female company without the damn strings.. commitments.. drama and bull# that women tend to inflict ..
edit on 8/1/15 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

I'm moving in with you

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Don't settle into a relationship just because you feel it is the 'thing to do' OP whatever will be will be.
Being single is the only way that you will really get to know the real you, without compromise, it is an (often lonely) opportunity, but you are still very young and life can throw the unexpected at you in a heartbeat. In three months time you could be on here proudly displaying ultrascan pics of your new child and preparing for your wedding! You just never know.

I'm 46, I'm single now for 4 years, my ex (TLOML for 14 yrs) left, took my Kids, House, Dog, and Self Esteem. and I was left extremely single, jobless and living in my car before I knew what was happening. So being 'attached' is no guarantee of anything, life can flip on you like a flimsy pancake.

I'm only now coming back (minus a few relapses) to being my own person in my own right and I can't see myself ever surrendering my individuality just to not be single ever again.
Being single can be lonely but empowering. When you look at your contemporaries in their twenties settling down with partners, just wait for twenty years and see what percentage of them end up single again, often bitter, hurt and financially ruined with a millstone of an ex dictating their lives to them. Swings and roundabouts.
Enjoy your life and your youth (very temporary it is!)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I'm 23 years older than my wife and we've been together for 15 years now. I raised one batch of kids long ago and am doing it again. My oldest son is 35 and my youngest is 10 months. Sometimes I long for the freedom of the single life and being able to do what I want when I want, but what I have is great too. I just wish I took more time in between my first wife and my 2nd to be by myself. I was really enjoying getting to know who I am when my 2nd wife came along and she knew from the beginning how it would go down.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
I can walk around in my underpants and answer the door to the nice post lady
She laughs everytime

I managed to find this pic of your 'post lady' at your doorstep !

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I'd be lying if I said I was content being single. It is a natural and deep drive to desire and "need" companionship. I have not been very lucky on that score. I keep a brave face and try and live a life, but there is the nagging of loneliness sometimes and the longing for that special soul mate.

A happy relationship is a kind of bliss. I have great respect for others' relationships and I see clearly in the people around me what a difference the joy of a partner and children have.

However, as we know being stuck in a bad relationship can be much worse than any kind of loneliness.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: HumansEh

It's the paisley Y-Fronts what does it for her

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

It's the paisley Y-Fronts what does it for her

That image did it for my lunch too mate!

Weren't paisley y-fronts banned under international law?
As weapons of mass distraction!

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Oh come now what lady could resist me in this pair of Y-Fronts?.

None I tell thee none.

OP get a pair of these and you will be noticed everywhere!!.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Not the biggest of fans of the stoney beach myself. It makes it a bit tricky getting into the sea.......

Oh, hang on a minute, you said "single"......

edit on 8-1-2015 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join