It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible really good picture of a Squatch

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Check out this link. A local fisherman near Tampa Florida claims to have taken a very good face shot of a possible Sasquatch.

Possibly the best sasquatch pic ever taken

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: drz400

But it looks like a B movie monster... I mean... it doesn't look real at all... it feels so off...

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: drz400
Check out this link. A local fisherman near Tampa Florida claims to have taken a very good face shot of a possible Sasquatch.

It is fake as can be.
I will try to find a link for the debunking.
Here you go:
Huffington Post

edit on bu312015-01-06T15:07:12-06:0003America/ChicagoTue, 06 Jan 2015 15:07:12 -06003u15 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Its a fake. The "sasquatch" has no shaddow.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
That is possibly the phoniest picture of a Sasquatch I have ever seen. It's looks like a gorilla statue.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

But it looks like a B movie monster... I mean... it doesn't look real at all... it feels so off...

This has already been exposed as a photoshopped hoax per analysis.

"To be more precise, the face of a gorilla that has been digitally added to the photo with editing software. Although I originally suspected the creature suit was actually in the water when the photo was taken, I started to notice shadows in front of the Bigfoot that appeared to be an inconsistent length and shape with the rest of the photo."

"Additionally, there appears to be some heavy digital editing touch-up to the fur around the face and where the body meets the water. I'm now leaning more toward believing the whole creature was pasted into the image and then branches and twigs were added in the foreground. The branches also could have really been in the scene, but they were later edited as separate layers so Bigfoot looks like he's now behind them, sitting in deep contemplation."
www.huffingtonpost.com...

CX

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I'm not calling Photoshop as I know nothing about the subject, and i'm no expert on special effects suits, however there are some amazingly realistic suits out there is you have the money......i'm sure you'd get the price of the suit back in interview fees or a book deal.

Shame he couldn't have got video footage, even a blurry one, seeing as he was there in front of the thing with his camera.

Type into Google images, "Realistic gorilla suits"....surprising what there is out there.

Here's an example.... www.behance.net...

Would be nice if true, but i'm not holding my breath.

CX.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Fake.

One consistent theme among witnesses who's accounts I've read is that it looks almost human.

That looks like a constume.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Pic for people

Original

edit on 6-1-2015 by superman2012 because: adding original pic

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It looks like a gorilla for sure. People really need to try harder! Baby King Kong? Eh, Prince Kong?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Obvious fake

for starters the Sasquatch species takes dry dust baths
sort of like chinchillas.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I could Photoshop a better image of a Sasquatch with my butt.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: drz400

It is fake as can be.
I will try to find a link for the debunking.
Here you go:
Huffington Post

You know that guy from fact or faked being a former FBI agent, and that because of his credentials is usually a blanket acceptance of his view being correct, but the FBI does have a pattern of debunking these things since many decades ago.

Having said that, this image does have attributes, as all digital images do, of having the potential to easily be debunked through many different means, and it could very well be faked, but that guy who took the image sure isn't making it easy to believe simply because he doesn't even know how to properly use his computer in a way that would preserve his word being more credible.

He imported the image from his camera to Photoshop rather than just copy the image and so Photoshop trumped out his EXIF data. (what a dip he is for that one). And he still could submit a different or original untouched file, but hasn't as far as I know.
I sent the HP reporter an email and asked him why he never requested that be done, but maybe he doesn't want to for some reason. Perhaps they don't need to substantiate any facts to declare it a fraud, and only require that to prove it is real, but they haven't done either yet.

If that idiot former FBI agent really wanted to know the truth he could have visited the witness and taken the original image with the EXIF data still intact, but he instead chose to rubbish the entire thing which is his past MO for ALL of these things anyway.

Of course all of that being done still would not prove the Bigfoot creature was really there, but it would release this so called expert from his pattern of showing that he does not really, or ever wish to truly investigate these things, as if he doesn't believe in them at all anyways.

Just my thoughts and observations on this incident..

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I believe it was debunked I thought on here yesterday. That the twigs and branches were photoshopped in and over to appear the creature was behind them.

Im looking for the link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Here is what I read: The Huffington Post-3 days ago. Explaination as to how it appears to be photoshopped.

"To be more precise, the face of a gorilla that has been digitally added to the photo with editing software. Although I originally suspected the creature suit was actually in the water when the photo was taken, I started to notice shadows in front of the Bigfoot that appeared to be an inconsistent length and shape with the rest of the photo."

"Additionally, there appears to be some heavy digital editing touch-up to the fur around the face and where the body meets the water. I'm now leaning more toward believing the whole creature was pasted into the image and then branches and twigs were added in the foreground. The branches also could have really been in the scene, but they were later edited as separate layers so Bigfoot looks like he's now behind them, sitting in deep contemplation."

"Digital photographs use a format called EXIF data, which stores a lot of accessible information within each image -- like shutter speed, if a flash was used, date and time of the image, etc. Hansen pointed out that the EXIF information of the Florida swamp creature picture suggests the image was digitally created on Dec. 26 with Photoshop.."

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Interesting map of where this creature was bathing (at the link)...Must be washing off some of the Co2 he gets from dodging all the traffic in the suburbs that surround his bath tub while hunting for food...

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Not a bad gorilla suit, looks like a silverback. Shame it's no sasquatch tho.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Nah. That's obviously not Photoshopped.

It's Microsoft Paint'ed.

Let's pretend that it doesn't look like a seventeenth century bad taxidermy attempt, for a second. Considering the position "Bigfoot" is in - i.e. nearly neck deep in a marsh/swamp - the guy would've been able to take countless pictures, not just one.

And this is a very good point as well:

..."The white stripe down the middle of the head and chin is a nice touch. If it's a Skunk Ape, why not make it look like a skunk, right? In reality, I have yet to come across a story with any merit where witnesses describe the Skunk Ape with an actual white stripe like a skunk."...

Sorry, but this photo of a "Skunk Ape" still trumps it.

Thanks for sharing nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Taking bets on how long it will take to make it to the Hoax bin.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Looks like somebody has a key to the prop department of Harry and the Hendersons.

<<   2 >>

join