It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Two More NYPD Officers Shot in the Bronx!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

BREAKING: Two NYPD cops shot by 'armed robbers' who are at large in the Bronx

Two officers ordered a vehicle to pull over on East 184th St at 10.30pm
The suspects tried to speed off, crashed, emerged shooting
One officer shot in arm, another shot in back, both in stable condition
Two Hispanic men in their 20s with hats over their faces are at large

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Initially, I thought, if they had hats over their faces, how did they know that they were Hispanic?
Then I went to the link and found this.

Hispanic? Could be. Middle Eastern? Could be. Oriental? No. American Indian? No. Caucasian? No.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

New York City Used To Be A Terrifying Place

When cops get away with strangling people to death over a crime that they should have just given the person a ticket for then it is still a terrifying place.
Also even if they are cops they should not have the right to ride around like a bunch of vigilantes armed to he teeth and just waiting to shoot someone. If you look back in the 70's the cops treated minorities the same way they are treating them now. You can harass and commit violence against people for so long before they start striking back.
edit on 6-1-2015 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The real racial bias: Cops more willing to shoot whites than blacks, study finds

“Across these 300 interviews, I have multiple officers telling me that they didn’t shoot only because the suspect was black or the suspect was a woman, or something that would not be consistent with this narrative of cops out there running and gunning,” said Mr. Klinger, a former cop and author of “Into the Kill Zone: A Cop’s Eye View of Deadly Force” (2006).

“When it comes to the issue of race, I’ve never had a single officer tell me, ‘I didn’t shoot a guy because he was white.’

I’ve had multiple officers tell me, ‘I didn’t shoot a guy because he was black,’ ” Mr. Klinger said. “And this is 10, even 20 years ago. Officers are alert to the fact that if they shoot a black individual, the odds of social outcry are far greater than if they shoot a white individual.” Read more: www.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

No outcry for the white guy, how sad.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Were they having brunch?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

When cops get away with strangling people to death over a crime that they should have just given the person a ticket for then it is still a terrifying place.

Also even if they are cops they should not have the right to ride around like a bunch of vigilantes armed to he teeth and just waiting to shoot someone. If you look back in the 70's the cops treated minorities the same way they are treating them now. You can harass and commit violence against people for so long before they start striking back.

So that means if you commit violence against cops who are just doing their job, they have the right to start striking back, no?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

So that means if you commit violence against cops who are just doing their job, they have the right to start striking back, no?

Wow way to overlook the cop that committed murder and got away with it. If the police is acting outside of the law then the people have every right to defend themselves from them. Just because a person has a badge on doesn't mean everything they do is legal. Of course the police have the right to defend themselves if they are doing their job I never said they didn't.
edit on 6-1-2015 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
They shot two plainclothes that were responding to the robbery. It's not like they went stalking the cops, bad as it is.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Wow way to overlook the cop that committed murder and got away with it. If the police is acting outside of the law then the people have every right to defend themselves from them. Just because a person has a badge on doesn't mean everything they do is legal. Of course the police have the right to defend themselves if they are doing their job I never said they didn't.

Wow, way to overlook the fact that Mike Brown assaulted Wilson while he was sitting in his car and all he did was ask him to walk on the sidewalk. Just because a person is a black thug who just stole cigars and assaulted a storeowner and a LEO, should be immune from following the law. Is that you, Al Sharpton?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
They shot two plainclothes that were responding to the robbery. It's not like they went stalking the cops, bad as it is.

Well then, as long as they just shot two plainclothes and not uniformed, it's much better.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Well then, as long as they just shot two plainclothes and not uniformed, it's much better.

Don't try to make out that it's a planned hit or anti-cop protest. It wasn't.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Half of them are ilegal they will never be found because they are undocumented.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Don't try to make out that it's a planned hit or anti-cop protest. It wasn't.

No where did I say it was a planned hit or anti-cop protest.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

So, speculating, when these two who shot the police felt a danger, because of the recent unrest & unpredictability of being pulled over, they felt justified in the "us vs them" mindset...

Unfortunately it still sounds to me like you are indeed justifying violence against police in a weird two wrongs make a right kind of way.

It sounds like you're saying because some cops have used poor judgement everyone that isn't a cop has a right to defend themselves with a gun over any police encounter, because suddenly all police encounters are dangerous. So someone driving down the road speeding that gets pulled over and starts shooting is justified since there is a chance the cop pulling them over might be racist, trigger happy etc.

I want to discuss this with you, because I'm having a hard time believing that what I think you're saying is what you are saying.

Police draw guns and cause physical harm to people when they "feel" threatened. Violence from police against citizens is WAY more common than vice versa. It would make sense that people SHOULD be afraid of a violent reaction from police since it happens much more often. Police are allowed to respond violently and protected by the law due to a lot fewer acts of violence against them as they have committed against the public.

Unless you are of the thinking that a police officers life is more valuable than your average citizen, then I would agree at least to some degree what Charlie is saying even if you do not support police being shot.
edit on 6-1-2015 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

You need to either be right or left or you wont be understood by most. Its hard for people to comprehend and understand why its a problem and how to solve it. Its either they are to blame or not to most. Very very simple minds.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I have only skimmed the previous pages of this thread after reading the link so if I repeat someone I apologize.
It's crazy that an armed robbery where police were shot is already on page 4. It wasn't an assassination.
I guess this is the new way of things for when the NYPD actually does their job and get injured in the line of duty.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

No where did I say it was a planned hit or anti-cop protest.

Amazing! And nowhere did I say it was ok because they were plainclothes. The thread had veered into how awful that people were stalking cops. And I said "They shot two plainclothes that were responding to the robbery. It's not like they went stalking the cops, bad as it is."

Nowhere was it stated that it was therefore ok. It was stated that this wasn't a hit or some sort of cop-targeted shooting.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: MALBOSIA

You need to either be right or left or you wont be understood by most. Its hard for people to comprehend and understand why its a problem and how to solve it. Its either they are to blame or not to most. Very very simple minds.

I would say you are right. There is force vs protest. Force is yelling "MORE FORCE MORE FORCE" and the protesters are yelling "MORE PROTEST" and if there is anybody left in the middle, they are quietly saying "we have a problem here" but neither camp really wants to address it.

I'm starting to feel like a preacher but I'll say it again. We need community policing. What I mean by that is we need police that only police the neighbourhood they live in where everyone knows them. Potential trouble makers will be recognized quicker and abuse of power will not be able to hide behind a huge police logo with a powerful and influential union.

Being that police are in union amongst themselves and not in a union with their communities speaks volumes at how the divide between and citizen may have been intentional.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I'd strike to stay away from those area's. If those predominantly black area's have such issues with our police force then they need to police themselves. Let's see how far that takes them.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Half of them are ilegal they will never be found because they are undocumented.

thank the republicans for their lax enforcement of immigration, just to make sure businesses and farmers has cheap labor.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join