It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listen to Lennon

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Lennon wasn't the greatest person, but he did recognize his own faults and tried to overcome them, mostly unsuccessfully. I'm not sure you can really ask for more than that, the vast majority of people don't even get that far.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: AthlonSavage

If the beatles had recorded all their music with modern production techniques would your view be different.

Not at all - I really like the early Stones and Who recordings, they are recorded with the same technology and part of what I like about them are the raw passion and energy, things I personally believe are lacking in most Beatles recordings.

For me the Beatles importance lies with them being at the very forefront of a whole change in attitudes not just within the music industry but society in general.

How about this one??

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

That's different, its from the white album which has many different sounds on there. Music is personnel choice I guess, I think they well out did the Stones as song writers but they beatles didn't do much touring after their early years so its hard to judge their stage act with bands in late 60s.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Heres an example of what I meant. A band does a live cover of a beatles song. Sounds much different and better than beatles version, and link a live stone song which you think is better.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Here's a song that mocks a close minded society,
another rock band, two completely different cultures
and any attempt to claim the best females are located
somewhere, anywhere, geographically.
All at the same time, while going where no other bands
of their time would dare go.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

The beauty of music - its such an individual and subjective thing.
No-one can be right or wrong.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Galadriel
a reply to: randyvs

Okay, if you watch the video through to the song, all those images will make you want to sob. I am sad to be human when I see those images, and know that all that horror has happened, continues to happen - to what end? This planet, our human race, so very violent and cruel

I did like Lennon, despite his flaws, btw.

Yeah I got me bad too!, Four words that should be the title......"War Is A Game"
Soldiers smiling while babies are dieing. How did this attitude come about?
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Agree with the subjectivity perspective, on a different note I personally think the Quality of the rolling stones song writing did a noticeable down track in late 60s when Brian died in the swimming pool incident.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Randyvs, thanks for posting another thought provoking thread and I have to say its a potent one for sure. The what they deem worthy news on the internet and what we read in our paper is almost 80% war or money. Ukraine this Georgia that, Iran this and Iraq that, ISS this and Al qaeda that, Afghanistan this and Syria that, Russia this and USA that, China this and Taiwan that, China this and Japan that, Israel this and Palestine that, North Korea this and South Korea that, so on and so on till its sickening to be witness to.

The remainder of the news is all about how bad the economical environment is...Laughing as I typed that. Nuclear subs and ships check, depleted Uranium shells and tank armour check, Newest baddest fighter jets known to man check, massive armies armed and waiting to go check, ICBM'S warmed up and ready to fly check, so on and so forth........

Now they are saying expect interest rates to climb up to possibly 6% by the end of this year and that one just came out today.
The regular people are hurting so bad but the big players don't give a #, just like in your first video you put up Randyvs, very powerful and true.

To see bullet riddled people and structures one moment and then see smiling soldiers smiling as they stroll through their carnage was just awful. The children killed and maimed was the worst followed closely by watching grieving parents and relatives mourn their demise whilst in shock.

Great thread and S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I personally think the Quality of the rolling stones song writing did a noticeable down track in late 60s when Brian died in the swimming pool incident.

Can't say I disagree with you there.
But is that attributable to Brian Jones's death?
Don't know - he'd been pretty much a passenger in the recording process for a few years before his dismissal from the band and subsequent tragic death.

But I've got to agree, after the Let It Bleed album apart from one or two notable exceptions The Stones do get very mediocre indeed.....in fact I'd say embarrassingly bad at times.

Dread to think what the Jagger and Richards of the early 60's would make of the Panto Dames they became from the 70's onwards.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Yep their album the two virgins caused such a cultural revolution that we are still living with today./sarc
a reply to: randyvs

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join