It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Woman Goes on Shooting Spree, Yet Somehow Isn't Automatically Killed By Police

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The sub-title:

How did they manage to disarm her without anybody getting hurt?

Shields is alleged to have driven around town shooting at people in other vehicles. Police were called and she was found in a parking lot, where she then led police on a chase and continued to point her weapon at passing cars, and at police during the chase. And if that isn't shocking enough here's the real kicker.

Shields was taken into custody without incident or injury and charged with three counts of attempted first-degree murder, seven counts of aggravated assault, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, felony evading arrest, and felony reckless endangerment, according to WRCB.

Without incident? Without injury?

Now what on earth could be the reason for that completely unexpected result? How, pray tell, could this alleged perpetrator, who unlike all the previous examples was not only armed with a genuine real weapon - had used it multiple times - how is it this woman wasn't instantly dead as soon a police had a good clear shot at her? How's that even possible, because it seems to me we've been told over and over again that if police don't react the way that they did with Garner, Brown, Rice, Crawford and Hunt, we'd being seeing more Cop Funerals, wouldn't we?

What could it be that's different about this case compared to those? Maybe I'm dumb, but I just can't figure it out.

We've been told that pointing out teeny, tiny, little discrepancies in policing like this is clearly the product of Cop Hate.

www.alternet.org...

Hmmm - maybe because she was white --- or maybe because she was a she - but then there was the crazy drunken white dude back in August 2014:

What do you suppose would happen to an agitated, belligerent African-American man wandering around on the street in his pajamas yelling at people, waving a gun around and telling police to shoot him?

Judging from what we saw happen in St Louis to Kajieme Powell, he would likely be shot dead by police almost immediately.

But that’s not what happened to this gentleman in Kalamazoo, Michigan.

In fact, what happened in Kalamazoo was a picture-perfect example of smart, strategic policing to deescalate a possibly lethal situation.

Of course, the perpetrator was a white, 63-year-old “open-carry” advocate who was drunkenly asserting his right to bear arms in the middle of the day — the very definition of a “good guy with a gun.”

www.salon.com...

So not the 'woman' thing - must be the white thing.

So, unarmed black man - shoot them dead. Armed & batsh*t crazy and white - take as much time as you need to disarm and safely arrest.

No - not racist at all.

Happy New Year.
edit on 1-1-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-1-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Maybe instead of pointing a gun at a police officer or bum rushing a cop about to arrest her, she realized the gig was up when they cornered her in a chase and gave up. There's a lot of information that article is leaving out.

+31 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Fanning the flames to bring you the constant variety
of racism.

FyreByrd! On ATSs Wide World of Sports!

Sorry

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Once there was much racism, nothing has changed. Got worse if anything as a result of POTUS.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
An in depth investigation is needed.

Studies need to determine the psychology involved.

And that includes the way some stories are written.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

So not the 'woman' thing - must be the white thing.

So, unarmed black man - shoot them dead. Armed & batsh*t crazy and white - take as much time as you need to disarm and safely arrest.

No - not racist at all.

Happy New Year.

Like your Realtor always says... Location Location Location...

Every wonder why if a person walked the streets of Watts with a gun they would most likely be shot, but the same person lets say in Portland would not?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
And his ARDENT tools.

+32 more 
link   

These are all different cases involving different people that you are comparing. Your insinuation is that all cops are clones of one another, every cop department an identical carbon copy of the next, all locations and local cultures replicas of all other locations and local cultures, and all blacks and whites are the same save skin color. Only with that assumption can you come to the conclusion that cops kills blacks because they are black, but not whites, based on 4 stories.

[snipped]

edit on 1/1/2015 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Jan 1 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: Community Announcement re: Decorum

link   

Yes, of course, it's all about race.

What else could it possibly be? I mean, there are ZERO other variables involved in this situation except the color of her skin. It couldn't be because she doesn't have a penis because the cops couldn't tell that just by locking at her.

So yes, it must be her skin color. If she black she would have been killed for sure.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Once there was much racism, nothing has changed. Got worse if anything as a result of POTUS.

I agree. The degree of obvious hatred of Obama does bring into question some members motives.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

Yes, of course, it's all about race.

What else could it possibly be? I mean, there are ZERO other variables involved in this situation except the color of her skin. It couldn't be because she doesn't have a penis because the cops couldn't tell that just by locking at her.

So yes, it must be her skin color. If she black she would have been killed for sure.

Yup,
Couldn't have anything to do with all the negative press the cops have been getting lately.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

How unfortunate that when we see police COMPETENCY we are suspicious.

Thumbs up for a job well done officers!

edit on 1-1-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
link   
Keep making it about race. You will not like the fix. I promise you that. Looks like someone is pushing buttons of hate for further divide. I can't stand humanity at this point of time. Obama needs to get off his ass and put the golf clubs down and address the nation. If not him, someone needs to step up. Each side is about at the point of wanting blood. The people on the fence will have to defend themselves at one point and thus pick a side. Start holding people accountable for their actions. That means media as well. Hell, the world would be better off if everyone could be responsible for their own actions.

It is what it is and I don't like what I see. I do not have to be a part of it. I straight out refuse to listen to hate mongers. Keep drilling the stupid message. Maybe we'll all kill ourselves while the rich laugh and # you some more. I see the end game. It's you as a real slave living in a police state and shot for looking at someone the wrong way. Life appears to be cheap in this new millennium. People, please wake the # up before it's too late.
edit on 1-1-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: (no reason given)

link   
oops
edit on 1-1-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: (no reason given)

+25 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Hey check it out OP, a black man pointing a gun at police officers and leading them on a foot chase who was arrested and not violently murdered as a result of obviously racist NYPD cops: www.newsday.com....

It must've been because of the color of his skin, oh wait...

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I cant read anymore of the thread other then the title because its a high risk situation thats probably developing here.

Ack... just cant, cant risk it.

Dont wanna lose anymore IQ points.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Always the same white people making sure to tell everyone that nothing is ever about race...

It kind of makes you think, doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Maybe the difference was the personality of each cop handling the situation. You do know one trigger happy cop doesn't speak for a cop who sees the good in people, right?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Rather than blaming or pointing to race immediately, I think the biggest factor has to do with the attitude, training and protocols of the police department and individual police officers.

For example, the Albuquerque New Mexico police dont care what color you are.

Albuquerque police lieutenant advertises “Killology” classes.

New militarized police training introduces “shoot first” policy for New Mexico cops.

After 26 Fatal Shootings by Cops in Last Four Years, Police Chief of New Mexico’s Largest City Put on ‘Trial’.

edit on 1-1-2015 by gladtobehere because: added links

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrJunk
Always the same white people making sure to tell everyone that nothing is ever about race...

It kind of makes you think, doesn't it?

Did you ever consider that the people that are defending their race, do so because they are not racists? That maybe they are not actively trying to keep the black man down with some huge conspiracy?
I've never been invited to the oppression club.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join