It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrests plummet 66% with NYPD in virtual work stoppage

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

It’s not a slowdown — it’s a virtual work stoppage.

NYPD traffic tickets and summonses for minor offenses have dropped off by a staggering 94 percent following the execution of two cops — as officers feel betrayed by the mayor and fear for their safety, The Post has learned.
It has helped contribute to a nose dive in low-level policing, with overall arrests down 66 percent for the week starting Dec. 22 compared with the same period in 2013, stats show.

Citations for traffic violations fell by 94 percent, from 10,069 to 587, during that time frame.

Summonses for low-level offenses like public drinking and urination also plunged 94 percent — from 4,831 to 300.
Even parking violations are way down, dropping by 92 percent, from 14,699 to 1,241.

Drug arrests by cops assigned to the NYPD’s Organized Crime Control Bureau — which are part of the overall number — dropped by 84 percent, from 382 to 63.

Arrests plummet 66% with NYPD in virtual work stoppage

Is this a bad thing??

To me most of this that we see a drop in was strictly for revenue anyway.

So the city is losing a ton of revenue, government has less to waste.

I really don't see the down side to what was listed.

You mean no one is going to be arrested for selling loose Cigarettes?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Not really seeing a problem, some of that stuff shouldn't even be on law books anyway. Besides when the city needs to trim budgets because of the revenue loss guess who'll get slapped the hardest...

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

So without police, we don't have arrests?

Go figure.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I want to see the statistics for murders. That's the one everyone is going to watch. When it gets to a certain point, you can bet someone is going to step up. Martial law could be in the cards. Just my two cents worth of an opinion.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Not that I disagree!

But to be honest?

As long as politicians create the laws that they mandate the police enforce? I would love to see the police "stand down"! Let those of the PC crowd realize what humanity is and can be without those who act as enforcers to protect them! Hell, just look at the lawlessness of the protestors of late! They don't give a damn about blocking a highway and preventing other citizens from freely traveling. Nope! All they care about is their opinion and mind controlled actions courtesy of the government and MSM!

Then it would become quite obvious to the Political Correct cry babies that for those who rely on the government to protect them, that it isn't up to law enforcement to protect you and yours, because our founders already gave you permission!

So for those who lay their heads on the government to protect them? You reap what you sow!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

It's minor crimes they aren't going after...

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I need to ask what is the correlation here? The two officers, R.I.P. were killed sitting in their car, with no notion of what was to happen. The action of a nutball. If the NYPost wants to make these claims let them spit it out, and just say the police are on strike, as the figures they give are not virtual, they are well above any major strike statistic. So less of the virtual crap. That's what any rag should do..isn't it?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

well you have to hand it to the police in this...they certainly know how to make it hurt for their masters...hit em in the pocket where it matters most

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
They can not keep it up long and still draw a paycheck.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

You do have a point!

But if they don't "OBEY" will the general public finally realize their hatred is misplaced?

I just hope those who scream at our military for doing the evil bidding of our government can realize that as well!

In todays world survival isn't about the fittest, but those who have the money! When the SHTF? That will all change!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Sure they can. The unions will see to that.

And, that's a reason they ought to do the PATCO thing to the NYCP Benevolent.

Hey, you're advocating shutdowns or stoppages. That makes you a trade union. Can't be a trade union for public servants. You are decertified. Be gone, NYCPBA.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
There are too many people out of work for there plan to have an effect. The mayor could deputize 30,000 black water op. by morning time.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Reagan fired pretty much every air traffic controller there was, with no hope of ever being rehired, and destroyed their union.

That was the end of walkoffs, slowdowns and "blue flu" for atc, for ever. They have never even considered trying that again in all the years since.

It was inconvenient for a while. But, you know, in the end it was worth it.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The latest 'thing' is to portray the killer of the NYPD officers as 'just some nutball'.

If it was Al Sharpton that was shot by an NYPD cop, after posting on social media that he was going to kill Al for backing anti-cop protests.....
Would all be so quick to call the cop 'just some nutball'?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Have the illegal beatings and harassment slowed down? Can they extend a few months?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
The latest 'thing' is to portray the killer of the NYPD officers as 'just some nutball'.

If it was Al Sharpton that was shot by an NYPD cop, after posting on social media that he was going to kill Al for backing anti-cop protests.....
Would all be so quick to call the cop 'just some nutball'?

Well first your scenario didn't happen, so I guess that means there isn't a nut ball cop willing to do that.

Are you suggesting this guy was in full control of his facilities?

edit on 30-12-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Isn't that what he was?

You don't see how a cop killing Sharpton would be incredibly different?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
If crime gets "Out of Control", then maybe the Feds step in.

Maybe this is part of a plan.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

To me most of this that we see a drop in was strictly for revenue anyway.
So the city is losing a ton of revenue, government has less to waste.

Citations for traffic violations fell by 94 percent, from 10,069 to 587, during that time frame.
Summonses for low-level offenses like public drinking and urination also plunged 94 percent — from 4,831 to 300.

I really don't see the down side to what was listed.

so you don't see traffic violations as a important offensives, so it's alright for drunks to tear ass down the street, or gangs of motorcycle riders to terrorize people driving down the street, speeders to flying down wall street if they can or hang u turns in the middle of inter sections.or any number of dangerous things people do behind the wheel.

and you think it's alright for drunks to walk up and down the street causing all kind of problems, or some whip out their little pe---ers and piss any where they want, what about when they start to drop trow and pinch one off like they do in india is that ok with you.
believe it or not these laws are needed in order to have a civilized country, even parking laws. although that one is a bitch everywhere.

edit on 30-12-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: butcherguy

Isn't that what he was?

You don't see how a cop killing Sharpton would be incredibly different?

See how you deny that a cop could be a 'nutball', but the cop killer just had to be one?

The was a cop some years ago in the town that I live in that killed his girlfriend and some lady sitting nearby in a bar/restaurant. Then he killed himself. Does he qualify as a nutbag?

So, you see, a cop can be a nutbag.... yet you immediately denied that it is possible.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join