It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sickening Racist Song At Charity Held By LAPD Cop, Celebrates the Death of Mike Brown

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: deadeyedick

K well since you're still talking about witnesses who you, and you alone, claim were murdered or disappeared, I'm done here. Every single thread, you try to bring it back to Brown. I'm not playing that game this time.

Before you post some rant about how I won't try to support my argument or refute yours, let me be clear: your inability to NOT try to relate everything to Brown has caused me to have zero interest in discussing anything with you now. I'm done.

Merry Christmas

yes merry christmas ignore my next comments

only a fool can not see how this all ties to mike brown and those fools that can not make the connections have blood on their hands and their ignorrance perpetuates violence.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Thank you for your input

Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Nothing about the song is racist. It's a take on the "Bad Bad Leroy Brown" song. Is it in poor taste probably, but not even close to racist.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Stupid thug song, its gangsta rap. Just proves that it is the police that have the problem, not the citizens. The police have created a thug culture and its the police that are separating them selves from the People.

Its not something that pop culture hasn't picked up on long ago
youtu.be...

In fact, given the comments of the NYPD union, the police are even separating them selves from their duly elected civilian governments. So its appears that our civilian government has permitted a culture of thuggery to thrive under the protection of sovereign immunity and is presently arming these thugs with military arms and tanks. Said thugs are now turning their backs on civilian government, figuratively and literally. Especially with the NYPD union declaring that police officers should take their orders from the union and not from their chain of command and that means no civilian oversight. This does not bode well for the security of the Unites States.
edit on 24-12-2014 by dieseldyk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
So what about RAP for the last 30 years about killing cops ?

Talking fake outrage.

Look up Ice T. for example.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
"They'll get a kick out of it!"

Translates to:

"It'll further racial tensions in a rapidly destabilizing society!"

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Don't really get why this is racist....

please explain how any lyric in this song is racist.

Very distasteful but I'm not seeing the race angle.
edit on 24-12-2014 by theyknowwhoyouare because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: suz62
a reply to: TechUnique

So naturally you stir the pot by posting it. You WANT discord here. You're isolated from it by the Atlantic. What does it matter to you? It doesn't.

I have a name for you and it ain't pretty.

Yeah that name is "Messenger", as in don't shoot the person passing along the message. But I can see your point, the word messenger has "mess" in it and that isn't pretty.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I don't think the song is racist. I do agree it is in poor taste though. I myself have recently made a self discovery, and that is that I am not racist, but instead, I am a white man who hates certain aspects of popular black culture. Does that make me a culturist? If so, then I am okay with that. I can't hate people for the things that they have no choice over, (skin color for example) but I can and do hate people for the way they act and behave. If you wanna be a thug, and live the thug life, then don't be surprised when the police treat you like a thug. All the Al Sharptons out there, just admit that the thug aspect of black culture is the problem, not the evil white people. Makes me sick to hear how good these thugs were, like their actions didn't beg for the consequence.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

I'm assuming the Op had no idea this was a humorous version of an old famous song. This kind of music is actually common in our country, but why the world thinks they understand American culture just because they watch American TV is baffling to me.

I also don't think the Op understands the proper use of racism.

So overall I don't believe the Op knows jack sh.. about what he/she is posting about.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Stuship

This isn't weird al making a parody of a song, hardly american culture.

Ya he doesn't come out and use a slur but he sure as heck dances around it.

Thug seems to be the go to word anytime the person is of color, and when you throw in the king kong reference, you are trying to make a point IMO.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Its sad, but most people really only care about themselves.

Is there a term for being racist against everyone else but yourself?

Narcissism?

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: dieseldyk
Stupid thug song, its gangsta rap. Just proves that it is the police that have the problem, not the citizens. The police have created a thug culture and its the police that are separating them selves from the People.

This is really the chicken or the egg type situation. Cops are not bad all over the country, but it seems where they are bad, rude, callous, desensitized, unfeeling etc, as in this case, are areas where the local population is not much better.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Fox will edit a video of protestors to make it look like they said "kill a cop" , but I bet they won't even run this story....disgusting...

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I'm not saying all cops are bad, I've met some really good ones, but of the ones I've met. Half were no better then any other high school bully....

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

I'm not saying all cops are bad, I've met some really good ones, but of the ones I've met. Half were no better then any other high school bully....

I guess my point is that in areas where the local population has a large percentage of gang/gangsta type young adults, large unemployment that leads to high crime rate, and just a general lack of care at the personal level with drugs, alcohol etc, and at the family level with high levels of dysfunctionalities we also see that the cops match the population.

In both cases where these LA cops work and Ferguson are great examples of this..

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I guess my point is that in areas where the local population has a large percentage of gang/gangsta type young adults, large unemployment that leads to high crime rate, and just a general lack of care at the personal level with drugs, alcohol etc, and at the family level with high levels of dysfunctionalities we also see that the cops match the population.

In both cases where these LA cops work and Ferguson are great examples of this..

I've never lived in a high crime area and I'm a 5'8 ,146lb White guy with glasses so tho bully cops I've encountered didn't have that as an excuse. I think we do a really $//!T job of doing psyc screenings for police officers, add that to the "blue code of silence" that ALL police officers go by, then throw a dash of them all getting the benifit of doubt and you've got a recipe for disaster.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
If the videographer was so outraged, why didn't they confront the singer?

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I've never lived in a high crime area and I'm a 5'8 ,146lb White guy with glasses so tho bully cops I've encountered didn't have that as an excuse. I think we do a really $//!T job of doing psyc screenings for police officers, add that to the "blue code of silence" that ALL police officers go by, then throw a dash of them all getting the benifit of doubt and you've got a recipe for disaster.

Well there is definitely a trend where cops seem to go to lethal force extremely quick these days. I'm not sure if it is a case of just having less cops, the changes in society where ALL guns (or perceived guns) are viewed as bad, or just an attitude of if commands are not followed instantly to the letter than extreme force follows.

I grew up in the 60s and 70s and people had gun racks in their trucks and a cop didn't shoot unless there was truly a situation to do so, and typically long after everything else has failed.

Back then shooting anyone unarmed most likely meant the cops was going to jail. Today, all they need to do is say well I thought it was a gun, or she didn't stop her car, or whatever all with only seconds of time to make these decisions.

Personally, I do not have an issue with the Brown case, I think the cop was fully within his rights, but these other cases like the kid with a air soft and the guy at Walmart, or even the lady that hit the White House fence and panicked would have had totally different outcomes if the cops spent 20 seconds in stead of 2 seconds not firing.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Well there is definitely a trend where cops seem to go to lethal force extremely quick these days. I'm not sure if it is a case of just having less cops, the changes in society where ALL guns (or perceived guns) are viewed as bad, or just an attitude of if commands are not followed instantly to the letter than extreme force follows.

I grew up in the 60s and 70s and people had gun racks in their trucks and a cop didn't shoot unless there was truly a situation to do so, and typically long after everything else has failed.

Back then shooting anyone unarmed most likely meant the cops was going to jail. Today, all they need to do is say well I thought it was a gun, or she didn't stop her car, or whatever all with only seconds of time to make these decisions.

Personally, I do not have an issue with the Brown case, I think the cop was fully within his rights, but these other cases like the kid with a air soft and the guy at Walmart, or even the lady that hit the White House fence and panicked would have had totally different outcomes if the cops spent 20 seconds in stead of 2 seconds not firing.

I disagree about the brown situation. I think he definatly was a garbage person and definitely hit the police officer. However I think all the shots but the shot in the car came as the kid was running away, then trying to surrender.

My personal theory is that the cop did try to grab him through the window to arrest/question him. At that point the officer didn't have browns identification. So brown figured if he could punch him a couple times and escape he was golden. However as the cop started shooting he tried to turn around and surrender but the officer never stopped shooting. No issue of racism, just a possibly good cop who was scared and angry (from being punched) with a body full of adrenalin. That said the citizenry is held accountable for our actions adrenaline or not.

The police departments story doesn't add up IMHO. No one tries to punk out a police officer.... They call for back up.... However people do punch cops and attempt to escape capture.

Also I think the fact that if the state convicts a police officer of wrong doing the state has to pay the family. That's a total conflict of interest. Deciding brown was innocent means they lose millions of dollars and any training spent on the cop. Deciding the shooting was justified means the get more funding. As usual all about the money.

The main problem I have is with the left/right paradime.... All protesters wanna kill cops and all cops wanna kill blacks. It's ridiculous!! All cases are different! All people are different! All cops are different!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join