It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sickening Racist Song At Charity Held By LAPD Cop, Celebrates the Death of Mike Brown

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: suz62
a reply to: TechUnique

So naturally you stir the pot by posting it. You WANT discord here. You're isolated from it by the Atlantic. What does it matter to you? It doesn't.

I have a name for you and it ain't pretty.

He/she is doing exactly as many are saying here about the video, exercising freedom of speech.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The guy singing it isn't a cop. Most of the people there, according to the article, either weren't cops or are retired. So who exactly should get in trouble for what? The small number of serving cops present should get in trouble for being in a room where a guy was singing a song that is tasteless and classless?

No, but lots of people will disregard that simple reality in favor of getting in on the pissing contest...seems it's the newest cool thing to do out there in Sheepleville these days. Complain all you want folks; yes it was crass, in poor taste, morbid and juvenile. But it was not criminal, and was no less tasteful or more outrageous than the people cheering on the cowardly murderer of those cops the other day, now was it? Perspective, perspective, perspective.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: suz62

Yeah I get it alright.

Shoot the messenger...
Ignore the message...

That's why racism has been has been allowed to thrive in the States.

You want to sweep this under the rug...

Others don't.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

So naturally you stir the pot by posting it. You WANT discord here. You're isolated from it by the Atlantic. What does it matter to you? It doesn't.

-

Let's just ignore sensitive information incase it hurts people shall we. Just pretend its not happening, just like the times prior to Jews being sent off to concentration camps.

Apathy sucks.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

What matters is stirring the racial pot. We don't need more mayhem. Some people are just troublemakers.

I'm a trouble maker?.. I'm mixed race.. half of my family are Black, but that is irrelevant as I didn't even bring race into it and you're already labelling me as a pot stirrer. I don't even know what to say. You know nothing about me whatsoever. This really matters to me. I care about YOU. No matter what your colour.. read my OP again please.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Get in trouble for? No. Called out for... yes. I prefer ugly right out in the open for everyone to see.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Lots of popular rap songs talk about killing police. I don't see much difference here. The two groups like shooting each other. None of my business. That "racist" term is so overused that it has lost its effect.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

K. The comment I replied to wanted them "in trouble" and not just suspended.

So whatever LE personnel were in that room should be "called out" for...what? Another person's actions? Speech?

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Are you saying that only Americans have the right to post about US issues here? Funny, I never saw that rule in the T&C when I joined ATS.

And by the way, when you live in a nation that stomps around on the world arena, constantly meddlng in other states' and countries' affairs while loudly boasting about being the greatest country on Earth and a beacon of freedom and democracy (lmao), don't be surprised when people outside of the US borders pay attention to - and have opinions about - what goes on in Murica.

I have a name for you too, and that sure ain't pretty either.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
' The lawyer adds, “He’s a goofball who writes funny songs.” '

a laugh riot.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: opethPA

I am not mad at all about some ones facebook post, I am not in high school anymore.
Now if that person ACTED on the post then we have a different issue.

And if you are mad about those things, then you should be equally mad about this right?
Since that is the logic you are presenting.

I have always been consistent in my approach to this.
If the OP is going to complain about a song then complain about the facebook or twitter posts.
Both are equally annoying in poor taste I think.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Ughh if this took place in Glendale, CA...case closed. I lived there for 3 years and dealt with soooo many racist Armenians it was like I was living back in the day. And the Glendale cops...mannnnnn...they're one of the worst in LA county. My ex and I were having an argument outside our apartment building, nothing terrible like an average argument of words, and suddenly the cops roll up like swat and I get arrested and questioned NOT HIM. I don't know if it was because he was white and I was black, but it was madness. Ever since OJ, they don't play.

Anywho....when will the day come when there will be no police?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FeistyFemme
Anywho....when will the day come when there will be no police?

When the day gets here that their are no criminals, rapists, gangs, thieves, murderers , drunk-high-distracted drivers..

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Why do people use the 'Well if you're upset about that, why aren't you upset about this' argument so much. It's such a strain to even read, let alone respond to..

I face palm so much on this site..
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Or when we decide that the way we currently do things dealing with those people could change.

Keep the laws, well get rid of some...or alot, but change how and who enforces them.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
Why do people use the 'Well if you're upset about that, why aren't you upset about this' argument so much. It's such a strain to even read, let alone respond to..

I face palm so much on this site..

Oh noes , you face palmed..lulz..

It's a legit question..that song is in horribly poor taste , parody or not.
Were you equally as bothered by the other items on the other side of the fence?
Also the title states this event was held by an LAPD Cop which is a bit misleading since the guy is retired.

edit on 23-12-2014 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Or when we decide that the way we currently do things dealing with those people could change.

Keep the laws, well get rid of some...or alot, but change how and who enforces them.

No doubt...In an ideal world the only way you fix this problem is by fixing the criminals, the police, the judicial system ..the whole thing..

The problem is you can't fix that because it's ultimately a human problem and not a profession, race or class based problem.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

No doubt...In an ideal world the only way you fix this problem is by fixing the criminals, the police, the judicial system ..the whole thing..

The problem is you can't fix that because it's ultimately a human problem and not a profession, race or class based problem.

It's not a human problem. It's a problem that humans are suffering from. Don't be so shortsighted and defeatist.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

to quote RATM,

"Some of those that work forces, are the same that burn crosses."

Them RATM lead singer sells out. full circle.

How does he sell out? Honest question...

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annunak1

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

to quote RATM,

"Some of those that work forces, are the same that burn crosses."

Them RATM lead singer sells out. full circle.

How does he sell out? Honest question...

Yeah Its off topic but I'd like to know that as well. Is that why they all went off to form Audioslave without him? Off topic I know but always loved RATM.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join