It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless man offers student help; Student raises $56000 for homeless man.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: 11I11
Got to love how good Karma works!
You're so right. More people should learn and understand karma.

But yet again I still don't understand what i am going through. I have always been good to people? Well most of the time. I don't lie, cheat or steal. But yet i am struggling?
edit on 12/19/14 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Thank you for sharing this beautiful and heart warming story.

This restores my faith that hope isn't dead.

S&F

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Any of us could be the next Robbie out on the streets.
Those people are all like the rest of us, they had regular lives once, worked jobs, had families.
All it takes is a knee injury, a car accident, a dui, big medical bills or a lost job and your sleeping in your car -
until you lose that too. Then you sleep on he streets. I tried a couple nights of it, some of the worst nights of my life.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Any of us could be the next Robbie out on the streets.
Those people are all like the rest of us, they had regular lives once, worked jobs, had families.
All it takes is a knee injury, a car accident, a dui, big medical bills or a lost job and your sleeping in your car -
until you lose that too. Then you sleep on he streets. I tried a couple nights of it, some of the worst nights of my life.

Exactly!!!! 1000 stars AtA !!!

This is exactly what happened to me, (I've said goodbye to a 20 year career to any high tech job with benefits)and I got a solid understanding of just exactly how fragile life can be; but, even in the toughest of times, when all hope seemed lost, I've had my faith in my spiritual walk and faith in humanity restored. I've had people give out of their kindness of their hearts without ever wanting anything in return except to 'pay it forward' !!!

We can NO more 'trust' in our jobs / incomes because they can and have been, wiped out decades ago~! Think your 4 yr degree ,will save you .. NOPE ..back in 2009, my wife applied for a ...get this .. a payroll clerks job with the county...300+ people showed up, 3/4 with 4 and 6 year degrees !!! There wasn't a snowballs chance of getting that job, and this was for 15/hr~!

We MUST always pay good deeds done to us, forward....!!! WE MUST realize we CAN be a force for good and create a better quality of life for our cities which we live in, to hell with the 'ME' mentality. If we get into that mindset, we're ALL connected conscientiously,whether or not we believe it or not; what I DO, DIRECTLY and INDIRECTLY affects those I come into contact every ...single day, whether or not I'm in a bad mood or a good one, the effect is proportionate to my actions /mentality upon society itself.

We can dream again, we do have the ability to dream the dreams we want to see in our lifetimes, but, I truly believe to get to those goals, you'll need someone to help you paddle~!

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Faith in humanity +1

Hold it down.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Was'nt there a thread here about an old man who was arrested by police for feeding homeless people in the US.?
Maybe they will try to arrest her too, even tho she lives in the UK.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
he will probably blow it all on shelter, clothing, food and helping other people....... how irresponsible.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

Lets have some faith in the gentleman in question. Hopefully he will be able to find proper accommodation and a place in society with the funds available. Best thing he can do is rent a private let and then kit the place out with the remaining monies, that way he actually has something to show for his cash. Because if he keeps the 29 grand the DWP wont pay his rent(housing benefit) or offer him Job seekers allowance. I just would not wish to see the fellow return to the same situation a few months down the line as im sure there will be many people willing to take advantage of the dues situation. 29 grand is not as much as it may seem, especially if the gentleman has outstanding debts or loans as many homeless people do, sometimes this is the very reason people are homeless or destitute in the first place, especially so these days.
edit on 20-12-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
WTF? Apologies, my bad... Wrong thread.
edit on 20/12/14 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Don't know how it is in England but in America most "homeless" people ain't really homeless but just a bum tryna hustle up a couple dollars for drugs or something. Some are truly homeless in new orleans they were sleeping under the bridge in tents and what not but I heard on the news that unity turned an old school into a shelter btw America has its problems but u will never truly starve here most homeless people put there self in that spot most are on drugs very few truly fell on hard times. New Orleans has its corruption but we have jobs here mite not always pay what u want but it's a job. And if u a convicted felon u can find good work in the construction industry, shipyards or offshore them jobs and being a nurse is some of the best paying jobs. Some people move here and have no family so they homeless livin in a shelter work in a ten dollar a hour job.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: truehumandna
Btw when I have extra money I usely give I'm not greedy I know how it is to be down and out. If they use it on drugs that's on them. Some people they self Medicate life ain't no walk in the park.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Hahaaa! I love good people exchanges of goodness demonstrating
how thru love, goodness will prevail on Gods good earth.

IT"S ALL GOOD!

originally posted by: wdkirk
he will probably blow it all on shelter, clothing, food and helping other people....... how irresponsible.

I know right?

edit on Ram122014v272014u45 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Homeboy probably wanted that pussy but he got fifty stacks instead that's a blessing and come up better than pussy and he still mite get the pussy lol I would of gave her my last too because if u been in the city street u know how to hustle
edit on 20-12-2014 by truehumandna because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
What it all balls down too is there is a lot of city slickers on the streets that do what they have too to survive sounds harsh but it's reality. I been in the streets I know first hand.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: solarstorm
These people who act in reciprocating kindness are the ones who should be leaders of the world.

We are all human.... But money and power changes people. I think whoever goes into power will end up becoming corrupt regardless of their hearts. Or perhaps I'm just being cynical.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
every time i see one of these articles, i feel like a single victory is being used to mask a thousand failures. there will be hundreds of homeless lives lost by this time tomorrow and no one will even know.

edit on 20-12-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Good story, there are at least some good people in the world. Thanks for sharing this story.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
A lot of these stories like this I think are fake. However, I find myself believing this one for some reason.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Great, respect here, this is the way we should take care of each other. Beautiful story, thanks very much for sharing.

People read this an act on it, don't let this pass by, remember that we need one another.

Respect respect respect

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
That also is Karma

a reply to: proob4

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join