It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Vacuum cleaner attachment

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

i agree.... the bottom / front CIRCLE is a SMALL ROCK....

THE REST IS PART OF THE OVERHANG...above...broken and fallen down...

JUST A WEIRD SHAPE folks...sorry to report....

seeya...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

So that's where I left it!

I looked under the lounge, I retraced my steps...

My first thought was that it was something that fell off the probe itself, it certainly doesn't look natural. But there are rocks formations on Earth that don't look natural either.

I feel that this discovery is deserving of an appropriate name. May I suggest the 'Hoover anomaly?'

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: RamsOnTop

originally posted by: jaffo

originally posted by: Jchristopher5
a reply to: RamsOnTop

I don't think anyone can claim this is a rock,but I am sure someone will try. This may be the one that wakes people up.

I am mystified, though, as to why NASA even allowed us to see this? Surely their filters picked this up before posting. Then to post it with no explanation. Weird.

Um, they probably "allowed us to see this" because they aren't actually in the business of covering things up. To the contrary, they are in the business of exploration and providing new information...

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.....hahahahahahahahahahaha...that is too funny.....hahahahah......
wait, you're trying to be funny aren't you?

No, I'm not. If "they" were really covering things up, you wouldn't even know the probe was there at all. It's pretty simple logic, really.

edit on 9-12-2014 by jaffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

LOL, you mean this proves men are from Mars. Women would have put that piece away while the man put it there, but can't find were he last laid it down... Proof, right there!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Star and frag. Great find.

No one can say this is just a rock. No one.

It's just a rock.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Star and frag. Great find.

No one can say this is just a rock. No one.

It's just a rock

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I stand corrected. People can say this, obviously.

What I meant to say is I don't know how someone can call this "just a rock"!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: darthphilae

Rut Roh Raggy!!! Last time I said, "Without a doubt" about something in a Mars rover image Not being a rock, i was reamed from every angle. I agree with You here though about it Not being a rock.

Looks pretty vaccuum cleanery to me! LOL!!!
Syx.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
After rescaling the image you will notice it has holes in the circular feature. Imho this makes it even more intriguing and shows that this is not a rock or natural formation.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I'm sorry. I can't bring myself to call this a rock. It even looks like it has a "lip" along the edge, from the zoomed in photo.

What 'rocks' possess those qualities? AFTER being symmetrical and have straight angles?

Even looking at color and texture, it has no relation to the rocks under it. It literally appears like it's sitting on a ledge.
edit on 9-12-2014 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: nataylor
There are other similarly curved rocks in the area.

For instance, this one, taken on Sol 819:

Original Image

Considering this area was once very wet it should come as no surprise that there are some smooth rocks.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Syphon

It looks very much like a fossil shoulder blade.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Its a rock. The reason it looks so clean and smooth is because od wind erosion over millions of year standing upright. Then the pillar it probably was on top of collapsed and left the top where it is today, looking more smooth than it should. Rock formations are fascinating but remember geology is not as static as we humans perceive from our limited timescale. The planet is a perfect sphere..... OMG aliens built it!!! Lol, no it was gravity, but this is your logic.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
After rescaling the image you will notice it has holes in the circular feature. Imho this makes it even more intriguing and shows that this is not a rock or natural formation.

All I see are missing pixels everywhere.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Xeven
What else could it be. Certainly looks man made.

Well, I guess that's all we need for proof, then, right? It kind of looks like something, so that's what it is.

Many engineers will agree with this OP simply because when you see something that has design and intelligent shape which has mathematical organization, (geometry or other elements of what academia calls "design structure", that this means it really IS what you see. (Not a funny rock that looks like a vacuum cleaner attachment. Do the same with any picture originating on earth, and you would get that same answer. But if it comes from another planet, it is just a rock that looks manufactured.

It also doesn't mean more proof isn't necessary, (I know you were adding that for mock sarcasm), but still.

What is more curious than curiosity images, is the way people tend to reclassify intelligent things into the category of stone and rock, over the possibility of unknown origins of designed or manufactured objects. (This doesn't mean I think everything unexplained isn't just a rock however). The first is obviously more safe socially than the latter, so perhaps that helps explain some of the responses we see today about these sorts of things? Just a thought.
edit on 9-12-2014 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: Charizard
Well this is definitely an interesting one. Is that outcropping vertical? I can't see how that thing isn't falling off.

It likely fell off the outcrop above, and likely too, a heap of all that stuff has near zero mass, the rock equivalent of balsa wood.

What data can you cite that the ground material in that area is "near zero mass?"
That seems to be an absurd comment, and if it were as you say, the Martian winds would have blown it to dust already, and it would not be seemingly perched in a precarious position.

Of course it was absurd at the extreme, but the rocks on Mars surface are very dry or if they have any water content at all, and at the same time the wind has very little force, much much less than on Earth, a 70mph wind on Mars would be something like a 19 mph wind on Earth or less, a gentle kiss. You can imagine then that the sandy material the Mars wind is able to blow about is extremely light but is still something that has been eroded out of the ground rock which was mostly basaltic I think. Elsewhere, you can see layered rock splitting up along the layers like basaltic slate and looking like regular stepping stones. This has happened over a long period of time and the rocks are dry and cold.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Everything looks weird on Mars because well… its Mars.

Am I the only one to see the skull up top right of center?

All that landscape looks pristine because the usual erosive effects of rushing water, high winds rain and ice like we have on earth are missing there.

What that scape looks like is long periods of gentle dust blowing fine silt layer upon layer and then the infrequent pounding by impactors that breaks it up.

All the edges remain jagged on the rocks,., the surfaces of which look like they were made yesterday.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
What is more curious than curiosity images, is the way people tend to reclassify intelligent things into the category of stone and rock, over the possibility of unknown origins of designed or manufactured objects.

It's not all that curious. To date, there is no good, solid, verified evidence that any intelligent life or civilization (or any life, for that matter), was ever on Mars. So it makes no more sense to instantly assume that an object that has the appearance of being manufactured (symmetry, smoothness, etc.) is actually manufactured than instantly assuming that it was left there by elves. After all, why not? Elves are known for making things like shoes and toys and leaving things in odd places.

So the next time I see something with a bit more symmetry than usual, I'm just going to assume elves.

edit on 9-12-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
My mom just said it looks like a sprinkler attachment for a hose. So there you go.

Obviously, somewhere around there, there is a garden.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I like many others here would love to find something indisputable in one of these Mars anomalies photo's - but unless it's something extremely obvious, like for example an alien waving at the camera - it is never going to be enough..........

It most certainly is a very interesting picture - but probably just another rock on Mars!

As another poster pointed out, this effect can be achieved by water erosion or other natural processes - nature can (contrary to popular misconceptions) create all manner of different shapes and effects on the landscape and objects within that land.

With that being said, I think we already have proof of current activity on the planet Mars - I am of course referring to the Russian "Phobos" probes sent to Mar's in the late 80's - if you know not of this history and take an interest in the subject - please look it up , it is pure gold and clarify's an awful lot about the phenomenon of visitation and settles the question of "are we alone" once and for all.

Unless that was a secret American programme that disabled the probe - But somehow . . . . . . . . . .

I doubt that!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join