It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Gobsmacks Obama and Euro-Leaders with Surprise Natural Gas Deal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
From my 'outsider' pov. it seems to me you're already in a(the?) second cold war with russia...

Some of you are being frantic in your comments and the paranoia shines through some of your posts. Exhausting your fumes on a topic you can't do absolutely nothing about. That's fear mongering 'caused by both of these governments(usa-rus) and hyped up to an unrealistic scale by the media which helps propagate actions via the masses to justify the means.

Don't play they're game people.

Interesting none the less.

Pro USA, pro RUS...who cares as long as the scales are balanced and everyone tries to be caring towards one another.
But it's always: "THEY'RE DOING THAT??? WE BETTER DO THIS!!!!!"

Seems like it doesn't matter, imho I do think it's all a game between the gov's regardless of nationality and borders.
I.e. pre-planned.

Don't go all
on me.

Just barking up the tree from an island caught in the middle.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The best thing the US could do is to continue to drive the price of oil down to the breaking point of profitability that will increase the jobs in America by lowering the energy cost for those jobs. Many oversea jobs would come back to the US because of the cost savings.
a reply to: arjunanda

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer
so much for the fracking industry ( good riddance), and the tar sands, which need somewhere north 75.0o US a barrel to break even...

its standard business practice for a price war to weed out certain types of players with monopolization as the ultimate goal ...with the attendant boost in profits made possible by the lack of competition, which would make the whole deal worth the effort for the winner, with the end users , as well as the weeded out competition, being the end losers.

edit on Tuepm12b201412America/Chicago38 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: arjunanda

Russia has abandoned the troubled South Stream project and will now be building its replacement with Turkey.

Turkey is NATO. I didn't know Turkey has say over its own destiny. Considering they are occupied and enjoying all the "trickle down" from that. I bet the US waits a while until this new project gathers steam and then stops it, too.

Seems The US wants the EU and greater parts to freeze and pollute the world more. Its alright, Fracking will make up for any shortage… of pollutants.

Not sure who suffers more in the long run, Russia or the EU…
edit on 10-12-2014 by intrptr because: changed

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Soon you will see an even bigger surprise.

Germany will also make a deal with Russia. That is when the real problems will start.

<< 1   >>

join