It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Threatens Use of Nuclear Bomb in London; UN Ambassador Warns of 'Weapons of Mass Destruction'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

it might not do a great amount of physical damage..

but the mental effect it would have on the people, on the media.. would be catastrophic.

our government can spin any event to be something incredible..

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I don't understand why they'd pick London. There is a large Muslim population there. I would think they'd more likely go for someplace like Rome with a heavy non-Muslim population. But who knows .... ISIS is nutz so their thought process is a mystery.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

That's the problem, it's all made up by the government and the press. There has never been any use of a "dirty bomb", so the effects are completely made up to instill fear of such a device. It's all perception management and spin, to keep the fear alive.

It's no different than telling us all that ISIS has a Death Star.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
We in stilled an unstable gov. Appointed by the USA. Does not represent them. Of course it can't work. Go there to promote democracy and form a puppet gov.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

ISIL doesn't care if you're muslim or not. They'll kill everyone equally.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

Yeah I agree. Just remember who controls ISIS. Why would a Terrorist group want to bite the hand that feeds it?

More Scaremongering leading up to another false Flag perhaps?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deveron
a reply to: doobydoll

Yeah I agree. Just remember who controls ISIS. Why would a Terrorist group want to bite the hand that feeds it?

More Scaremongering leading up to another false Flag perhaps?

I would not be surprised, especially after what has happened The West must be starting to get desperate.

I`m trying to recap what has been going on about what I have been written earlier...

- First we have Obama: I will send US troops to fight ISIS if they get nukes

- Than we have an lecture from corbettreport explaining about Gladio B and the Battle for Eurasia

- We already had a row of failures coming from The West, quoting myself from yesterday...

- Toppling Assad with rebels and getting gas pipeline from Qatar to Europe

- Syria `13 with Russia making a deal with Assad regarding Chemical weapons to prevent attack

- Crimea and Eastern Ukraine

- BRICS side lining the Dollar by creating "mini-IMF"

- Not one, but two "Holy Grail" gas deals between Russia and China

- Failing TPP because Asian countries are going for China and thus failing US dominance in the Pacific

- And now Turkey siding with Russia so that The Trans Adriatic Pipeline which will transport Caspian natural gas to Europe is blocked , more on the deal, Cold Turkey: Ankara Buckles Against Western Pressure, Turns to Russia

- And I quote myself again...

They need to keep fighting or the Petrodollar loses it status. The only reason US doesn`t buckle under so much debt is that they have an unlimited debt card (the Petrodollar), and now they must keep on fighting to uphold the Petrodollar or the US economy implodes.

Controlling energy resources is what keeping the Petrodollar up, hence Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Ukraine and Syria.

- And anyone still wondering how the Petrodollar works : The Petrodollar | War Machine

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It sounds like it would be ineffective at massive damage or radioactive poisoning.

These terrorist might try the dirty bomb to strike the greatest fear, but there are far more effective ways to cause death and mayhem that would be easier and cheaper to pull off.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

ISIS do not care about Muslims.

That's evident by the slaughter of 1000s upon 1000s of Muslims in Syria & Iraq...

Sunni & Shia alike.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
Is that 40Kg of Uranium, or 40Kg of enriched Uranium? There is a big difference!
If enriched, then where did it get enriched and processed, as the Iraqis do not have the facilities to carry out enrichment and processing.

Another scare story to keep the sheeple scared and wanting action to protect them from the bogeymen thousands of miles away.

Edit to add..... a "dirty bomb" (a made up thing from the military marketing and fear masters) is NOT a nuclear device or weapon of mass destruction by any stretch of the imagination. It's right up there with the other mythical entities, such as suitcase nukes, Unicorns and Democracy.

O.k. let's deal with this one...

A dirty bomb may use conventional explosives when detonated... but the blast from the shock wave is not the main purpose of the bomb. The primary goal of the explosives is to vaporizer and distribute radioactive material over a large area.

You don't need enriched material to create a dirty bomb... any radioactive material can be used, depending on what material is used depends on it's half life and how high the radiation is.

So yes Uranium can be used in a dirty bomb!

And Yes A dirty Bomb is indeed a weapon of mass destruction given that it can kill many many many people over a great deal of time, as well as rendering the location it is detonated unusable due to contamination.

Korg.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: solarstorm

Right, because everything is the Jew's fault. I think it's the Catholic media/propaganda machine. Look at the Vatican and all the secrets they harbor and information they control.

Your posts conveniently scapegoating a group of people for all your world troubles just shows ignorance.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
ISIS is the richest terrorist group in recent history. I'm sure they could purchase a WMD on the black market if they really wanted to. I think the difficulty would come in obtaining the ability to actually launch and detonate a WMD effectively. This would also apply to their alleged dirty bomb.

Regardless of this news, i am experiencing some déjà vu here. It's starting to sound similar to the events preceding the 2003 invasion of Iraq. That said, this situation is probably more urgent...

Déjà vu indeed. It appears more urgent because the warmongers have learned from their mistakes through the handling and pushing of the Iraq situation. Create an even badder bogeyman capable of badder harm to the west. If such harm does happen to the west, our leaders have brought it on themselves and us all, false flag or otherwise. But they'll all be safe, and profiting, while the rest of us suffer.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Britguy
I agree, what needs to be followed now is what security measures the U.K. government tries to enforce now on its people as this seems to be the norm throughout the western world.
Create a completely insaine story that the masses will swallow then push through some more constricting legislation.

edit on 3-12-2014 by PLAYERONE01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
It sounds like it would be ineffective at massive damage or radioactive poisoning.

These terrorist might try the dirty bomb to strike the greatest fear, but there are far more effective ways to cause death and mayhem that would be easier and cheaper to pull off.

It is instructive that there has been little successful use of radiological or chemical or biological weaponry for actual terrorist attacks.

Radiological and chemical weapons are not weapons of mass destruction, and are difficult and unreliable to handle and deploy. Practical use of chemical weaponry requires significant a conventional weapon base, such as artillery, bombs, missiles or aircraft, and is unlikely to be achievable outside a war zone. In any case, the potency is no larger than conventional weaponry---artillery, mortars, bombs do just fine to maim, burn and kill. In a military vs military scenario, they are mostly area denial and logistical disruption, to slow down maneuvers & effectiveness, similar to mine fields (and as indiscriminate), but have worse reliability and more chance of friendly casualties & effects.

Highly engineered biological weapons require extensive scientific expertise and sophisticated infrastructure, similar to fissile nuclear weapons, unlikely without extensive state sponsorship & long-term investment.

For a terrorist attack, it is very difficult to top a truck bomb of explosives.
edit on 3-12-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity

And Yes A dirty Bomb is indeed a weapon of mass destruction given that it can kill many many many people over a great deal of time, as well as rendering the location it is detonated unusable due to contamination.

Korg.

No and yes.

Chernobyl and Fukushima and a number of Soviet accidents released enormously more radioisotopes than could be achieved in any reasonable terrorist attack. Direct casualties from radioactivity were very low. People falsely think there were thousands of deaths from the Fukushima nuclear accident. There weren't. The catastrophe was the enormously destructive tsunami.

Only true fissile nuclear weaponry deployed by states is truly mass destruction.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Man if ISIS succeeded in detonating this bomb, the aftermath of this event would pale in comparison to 9/11 (afghanistan and iraq wars). Good thing I don't take any threat from ISIS seriously.
edit on 3-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
What a complete joke, i think i have read at least half a dozen front page articles on the threat of ISIS nuclear attacks over the last 2 - 3 weeks. Do they seriously think these people will be able to transport this kind of material across into britain, the most heavily surveillanced place in europe without being intercepted? The only way this can happen is if they are allowed to enter.
Im fed up with these scare tactics, even away from ISIS the media are using any form of terrorist movements to cause fear, for example the dissident IRA apparently planning a bombing spree as they dont like all the christmas cheer!!! Why use these scare tactics at Christmas? is it to frighten people to panic buy? or keep people away from town areas? I dont understand, but then again you would have to be a backward half wit maniac to make any sense out of their illogical methods.
Just a side note, i have never seen a terrorist group grow so quick and gain so much power in such a short time. The only part of this i can understand is by relating it to the republican movement against the british when we were pushed down for years. But those in the middle east and other opressed countries by the US-UK war machine have been terrorised and murdered in their thousands. The only thing the people from these countries are sure of is death. Having grown up losing family members and living in constant fear you can begin to understand why a group of people would stand up and demand better for their family...by any means neccessary.

The world is up side down..I know alot of people would die but maybe its for the best the money system collapses and all hell breaks loose. How can you grow a beautiful flower if the area is overrun by weeds. The only way to do this is by breaking it all up and start from scratch.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Will not happen for 3 reasons; all having to do with the illuminati/ruling elite.
1. London is the financial hub of the world
2. Her majesty is one of the major arms of the illuminati
3. Rothchilds

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

This is what I think OP.

If ISIS/ISIL/IS and whatever f#$%ing names they
go by really had a nuclear bomb, then why not
nuke Israel supposedly their greatest enemy.

Why waste it on just a supporter of Israel?

Therefore, me thinks they do not have one.

But, another threat from ISIS, and have they threatened
Israel yet?

Something smells fishy.

Rebel 5

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Dam, I thought they were saying real nuke, not a dirty bomb. If they did the whole mid-east outside of Israel would be glowing in the dark. They are not that stupid. They might be but I don't think they would waste their hopes and dreams on going that far.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join