It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

video card/mobo combatibility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Hi, a little confused about the video card/motherboard compatibility thing.
I was kinda thinking of upgrading my GeForce GTS250 card to a GTX750 as seen here.
Would this card be compatible with this board?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Looks good to me.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Yep, so long as the board has PCIE x16 slots, and that one has two of them.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I have a GTX 750 ti and it handles Diablo 3 on high settings, and that's the newest game I play. It has handled every game I play (which are admittedly usually a couple years old) on highest settings couplied with a 60 dollar Pentium 4 Socket 1150 processor.

Just as a little confidence booster for you

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

There have been some compatibility issues recently with both vid cards and RAM matching up with MoBos. Best bet is to check your MoBo manual (or preferably website.)

Even if the slots and capabilities are right, some combos have had problems. They may have a list of confirmed compatible components. That said, if yours is not listed as compatible, that doesn't man it isn't.

I recently had to replace my mobo. Different brand, but newer and "better" (specs-wise on paper.) Anyhow, major problems with my RAM. Apparently the board doesn't send ideal voltage to it. I finally found a solution online that involved increasing the voltage by a fraction of a volt.

Unfortunately, I'm not knowledgeable with this stuff enough to provide you an answer, just good at trial/error, searching, swearing, and occasionally smashing a mouse in frustration. BUT... Most likely you're fine, just wanted to point out that even if they don't get along well, there could be a BIOS tweak or flash that will fix any compatibility issues.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Wow..amazing coincidence. I updated my gts 250 for a gtx 750 just yesterday. Did it for the DX11 compatability.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Hi, a little confused about the video card/motherboard compatibility thing.
I was kinda thinking of upgrading my GeForce GTS250 card to a GTX750 as seen here.
Would this card be compatible with this board?

Yep.
You'll have no issues with compatibility whatsoever.
The GTX750 isn't a bad card, either.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
should be fine, I would recommend getting the 760 SC ACX instead it is so much better and only 200$ on amazon right now, 182$ if you use the rebate a total steal if you ask me it would be a shame to not take it.
edit on 29 11 2014 by Vamana because: (no reason given)

top topics

join