It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm tired of seeing 'bad cop' things so I'm doing this:

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
My father was a cop for 30 years before he retired. One day he came to pick me up from my grandmother's house who was baby sitting me. My grandmother asked how his day was and he gave the typical "ok" spiel. While he was sitting at the kitchen table drinking a cup of coffee the TV is on in the background with the six o'clock news on. My grandmother and I look up and there is my father standing there on the TV giving an interview to a reporter!

Apparently, a man was trying to get his wife to the emergency room as his wife was about to give birth and their car died. My dad just happened to be right there and so he jumped in an delivered the baby in the man's car right in the middle of the street before the ambulance could arrive! My grandmother was like WTF? We just asked you how your day was and you didn't even mention this! My dad was just like he was doing his job and didn't think it was anything special. The couple named their daughter after my father.

I think what people fail to realize is that for the most part, police just want to get home to their families. They deal with the worst of the worst everyday and always putting their lives on the line. When they approach someone for something as simple as a speeding ticket, they don't know if the person is a mass murder, gangbanger, or just a church lady going to Sunday school.

I'll also never forget the day my father heard one of his cop buddies was shot on duty trying to arrest someone. Fortunately, he wasn't killed. He was trying to arrest some guy and the guy somehow wrestled him to the ground and shot him with his own service weapon. This every cops fear.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

Well, maybe I'm a amiable guy. I've only had one bad run in with a cop and at the court (Traffic) the judge chewed his ass out for being unprofessional.

The cops where I live now seem to like me as I have the uncanny ability to be at the scene where I'm needed most, always before the cops show up. (I'm talking day to day stuff...not crime and all that. Traffic accidents, animal control problems and things like that)

You can see I don't sit around a whole lot. Haha.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_
Ever hear the phrase "one bad apple will spoil the whole damn bunch"? That applies very well when talking about police.

Especially in places like where I live. I met one police officer who decided to get hired as a postal inspector just because he hated the corruption in his department.

I met a good one and became friends with him right before he retired ugh.

I recently was pulled over for driving around a parked mail truck which was completely blocking traffic in the one lane i was in. The corrupt thing was the driver of the mail truck was not even in the dam thing and had its flashers on, and the cop was trying to get around me!! He could not safely see around my truck but when he stuck the nose of his vehicle out into oncoming traffic behind me with no emergency lights on, i decided to drive around the mail truck to get out of his way and that is when he decided to pull me over for passing in a double yellow area.

Something he was trying to do, then when I stated why I was getting out of his way and five other cars ahead of me did the same thing he lied right to my face and said he did not see the other vehicles do that because he had just pulled out behind me. The Jerk had been behind me for miles!!!!!

I have also been pulled over for not stopping at a stop sign when I was so stopped completely and stared at the cop for almost two minutes because he was hiding behind a convenient store and I saw him before I ever moved my car. I was able to witness the former county sheriff I was friends with at the time chew the current sheriff of the county's ass for that one. I was priceless !!

I now have an attorney who is going to get this ticket tossed out and give this county and cop of the current ticket a lesson. Don't piss me off cause I will sue the county and you copper for harassment and damages!!!

I cant wait till these so called servants of the community have to ware cameras. After my lawsuit they are going to want too, cause this one is going to cost them.
edit on 27-11-2014 by Patriotsrevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
With all the cop hating going on these days, it makes me worry for the safety of my future son-in-law... he's currently training to be a cop.

He's such a sweet kind hearted kid who just wants to help people, but I fear he's going to become jaded by all of the ugliness he's going to experience every day by not only the criminals, but particularly by the haters.

But then again, we live in Canada... so the hatred towards his profession maybe isn't quite as rampant as it is south of the 49th parallel ?

A mother can only hope.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Being a cop for a decade I would advise him to seriously reconsider his choice of career.

Unless of course he wants to be unwanted, unappreciated, and taken for granted all for the ungrateful.

That being said, thanks for this thread OP.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSilverGate

Were those protestors burning stuff down?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

Being a cop for a decade I would advise him to seriously reconsider his choice of career.

Unless of course he wants to be unwanted, unappreciated, and taken for granted all for the ungrateful.

And you put up with that for 10 years. Why? Makes one wonder eh?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I'm tired of bad cops, period. And I'm tired of police forces getting beefed up with military gear meant for a battlefield. And I'm tired of cops putting their "duty" above the constitutional and civil rights of the people in this country. And I am tired of cops harassing people they know can't or won't fight back. And I'm tired of police departments with low hiring standards accepting any yahoo with an attitude and a small man man complex handing out badges and guns to the same idiots and then setting them loose. I'm tired of cops closing ranks and covering up their crimes and hiding behind the law.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

He is a good man and that translates into him being a good cop. Protect and serve......Men like this should be the leaders in the force. Also the police should not be able to have a union and they should also wear cameras 24/7/365. Also they should not be able to use the money from tickets and seizures.

This is the only way.......It will work.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

That being said, thanks for this thread OP.

Thank you for serving and protecting for 10 years
It takes a dedicated person to stay in a career where they are, as you said, ''unwanted, unappreciated and taken for granted''. Thank you VERY much, and may Safety keep you cradled in her arms each and every time you put on your Uniform to go to work. This goes to your fellow Officers as well.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

When the good LEOs stop protecting the brutal and corrupt members of the department, then they will deserve respect.

When the "good" rioters start fighting against the brutal criminal "rioters" the cops might stop using tear gas and hardened vehicles.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Police Officer pays for a young Black Kid's meal at McDonalds. Minutes later, he was deceived by a Black man in an Audi who flashed his lights at the cop who pulled over. Said black man then pulled up alongside, leveled a shotgun and shot the cop in the head.

Of course you didn't hear about that on the news, I'm surprised their wasn't rioting when the Black guy was killed by cops afterwards.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I'm gonna play devil's advocate here...

TS, are you a cop or related to a cop?

Also, this is one story. How does that compare to the other tens of thousands of bad cop stories?

Clearly, not all cops are bad. This isn't a simple black and white situation.

The proffession attracts sociopaths and then does nothing to weed them out and seems to then encouge that kin of behavior. Thus, you are left with the culture of bad cop behavior. Just because one guy who is a police officer gave a poor lady some money... I'm sorry but that doesn't cancel out the bad. Infact, THEY SHOULD BE DOING THAT!

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
With all the cop hating going on these days, it makes me worry for the safety of my future son-in-law... he's currently training to be a cop.

He's such a sweet kind hearted kid who just wants to help people, but I fear he's going to become jaded by all of the ugliness he's going to experience every day by not only the criminals, but particularly by the haters.

But then again, we live in Canada... so the hatred towards his profession maybe isn't quite as rampant as it is south of the 49th parallel ?

A mother can only hope.

What you should fear is that his kind hearted behavior will become desensitized by the culture of corruption.

If someone disapproves of bad cop behavior, does that make them a cop hater?

What if a human is behaving badly and I disapprove of that behavior. Do I hate humans?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The only good cop is the cop that quits his job.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

There will be rotten apples in every single profession as long as humans are in them.

I would be willing to wager that the "rotten apples" have become the majority of the Police force. Power attracts psychopaths.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I'll also never forget the day my father heard one of his cop buddies was shot on duty trying to arrest someone. Fortunately, he wasn't killed. He was trying to arrest some guy and the guy somehow wrestled him to the ground and shot him with his own service weapon. This every cops fear.

Maybe they should stop enforcing stupid laws, more highly-educated officers that can think for themselves--who understand the difference between rights and privileges--would breed less discontent. I, personally, don't feel bad for stormtroopers who are "just doing their jobs."

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
ANYWAY.

Back to the TOPIC of my OP, shall we then?

I found this lovely video of 12 acts of kindness from police officers. Enjoy! And do keep sharing your uplifting tales of good kind police officers who go above and beyond the call of duty - or who are just giving, warm and caring souls trying to make a positive difference.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Nice story, we need more actions like that from every citizen. More good things should be posted. That said bad things are posted because they do happen and people want change. They want them held responsible for their actions. Like all others are. Not paid vacations for crimes. Jail time and being fired like any one else that commits a crime.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join