It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Ager Now Born-Again Christian Testimony (Read this if you hold a pagan belief system)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

The sky here is kind of white and the grass here is definitely not green. Either your mind has been blown now or your truth has always been relative to your perspective.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Kaballah is a New Agish distortion of the bible.

Ive encountered demons before, I know their work when I see it. Google astral projection and old hag syndrome. Its not a shared psychosis...but you wouldnt know until you've experienced it first hand.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

You know what Im trying to say. You dont have to sidestep with sarcasm.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
At its core, Christianity is not all that different from a pagan religion, it just uses a different vocabulary to describe its mystical, magical way of organizing the world, and instead of trying to explain the randomness of existence as a balance of forces in this world, it sets up a fictional afterlife where the balance/karma is focused.

The problem, OP, is that you had and still have a poor understanding of what both pagan religions and Christianity are trying to accomplish.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

There are no pagan roots to Christianity. In the earliest stages of Yehwahism, the pagans took from the truth and distorted it. Aside from that, the "pagan origins of Christ" idea is entirely unfounded propaganda from the likes of Zeitgeist, which is also astrologically wrong.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Kaballah is a New Agish distortion of the bible.

according to your favored variation anyway. im sure i can find hundreds of people all over the world who would say the same of your interpretation on an already over-interpreted book. and i have just as much reason to take the kaballah seriously as i do your shtick.

Ive encountered demons before, I know their work when I see it. Google astral projection and old hag syndrome. Its not a shared psychosis...but you wouldnt know until you've experienced it first hand.

sleep paralysis? that often involves hallucinations. nothing divine or supernatural. and im sure i wouldnt be able to comprehend the terror but that doesnt mean i should assume an evil fairy is at fault.
edit on 25-11-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Yoga is not new age its part of Hindu religious practice. Hinduism predates Judaism and Christianity, so Christianity is more new age in the scheme of religious history, so by this logic, you guys with your new age Christianity need to think again.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
Any thoughts?

Peace

Yeah, I bet if you look hard enough, you can find any number of people converting from one belief to another.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Yoga is not new age its part of Hindu religious practice. Hinduism predates Judaism and Christianity, so Christianity is more new age in the scheme of religious history, so by this logic, you guys with your new age Christianity need to think again.

The new age movement is proliferating things like Yoga but NOT any other Hindu practices, a lot of the time it is just white guys with dreads selling tickets to his course or his book on how to be your own God.

Yoga, just like many other things, music for instance, can be used as a means for channeling demonic spirits. Research it.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This discussion lacks any and all philosophy and is in the wrong forum. But I suppose it serves as an example—we can put anything regarding "Christian" in the title of a thread, to witness the resident atheists come crawling out of their holes. Couldn't your reason be better spent on more rational subjects, rather than continuously bumping threads like these?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm
Kabalah teaches various systems of divination, things that the Torah specifically prohibits. I would say that Kabalah does contradict the bible.

Sometimes demons manifest in more paranormal episodes in ways that science cannot explain. Sleep paralysis is often just the first stage. Like I said, without first hand experience, you're simply not in a possition to write it off.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: supermarket2012

My friend, the sky is only blue and the grass only green. Once truth becomes a relativity, then all is lost. Science is man's limited observation. If the sciences do not harmonize, its because there is a flaw in our understanding of the truth.

Languages came from one master language, either Proto-Cainaanite or some Sumerian dialect. So our ability to communicate with others has degenerated. This is a loss of truth.

Grass is not "green" and the sky is not "blue". Only our PERCEPTIONS of them make them appear that way. And, not all people see in the color spectrum that others do. Shoot, cats and dogs and birds see those things in much different shades than we as humans do. "Relatively" speaking, their understanding of existence would be far different from ours, yeah?

There really are, and cannot be, any absolutes regarding all of this.

And all languages come from one master language? How do you get that one?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I am gonna write this from my point of view.

The Christians here are correct that people should be careful about how far they advance spiritually because when they try to advance without preparation they might be tested on a level that they might not be able to handle.

But at the same time I am gonna call the Christian/Muslim/Jewish faiths a low level Kindergarten duality school for normally low level souls who are not yet able to move beyond indoctrination. You cannot really judge the soul level on the label Christian since the level is different on every soul even if the potential at the highest is the same, so that is why I say normally even if it is generalization and not a perfect representation of "what is".

Some souls already have enough of self control so nothing external or internal can uncenter them from what they are at their soul core.

“Religion is for people who are scared to go to hell. Spirituality is for people who have already been there.

For those who understand allegories:

Florence + the Machine - Shake It Out

edit on 25-11-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
My own shall come unto me.

What is stolen from me I shall steal back like a theif in the night.

Seek and Ye shall find

Knock and it shall be opened unto you

Ask and ye shall recieve - ask not for this and that for your father in heaven know's what it is that you need - Our father who art in heaven, Holiness and Blessing be to your name, Please bring your kingdom into the world and our live's, Please let thy will be done on earth and in our live's as it is in heaven, Please Give us this day our daily bread of the earth and as you know what we need and forgive us our sin's as we should forgive those that have sinned against us, lead us away from temptation and sin and deliver us from the enemy, thine is the Kingdom and thine be the glory and the power for ever and ever Amen.

The Truth will set you Free

I am the way and the life and the resurrection - the Truth

If you have two coat's and your brother has none then give your brother the coat you are not using.

Love thy neighbour as thyself and do unto other's as you would have done unto you, as you measure so shall it be measured unto you, judge not lest ye be judged, let he that is without sin cast the first stone.

Rabbi Who is my neighbour - “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

The samaritan was not a Jew but a samaritan and there was bad blood between them though they both worshiped the same god, the Rabbi who walked past did not do so because it would have been unclean to touch the man but because he was more concerned with his personal sanctity than the welfare of the fallen man so in ignoring that man laying in the dirt he became far more defiled than had he helped him, also being a rabbi he could have sent other's to look after the man but did not.

The problem is most so called christians are not christian, I myself am as far from perfect as pluto is from earth so am not casting stone's but most who think they know christianity only know the version they were tought and from whose missinterpretation they have fled.

In life we are in a tug of war with our own darkness, the darkness of those who would use this inbuild poision to destroy us or drag apart the house we seek to shelter in and the forces of light (goodness rather than knowlege though truth is knowlege and the truth shall set you free).

For those who know but keep turning away (myself included to my endless shame) this is what the lord say's.
Let the one who does wrong continue to do wrong; let the vile person continue to be vile; let the one who does right continue to do right; and let the holy person continue to be holy."

It is my belief that this young man is speaking truly and he has indeed encountered these thing's but it was for a purpose that he may bare testimony and speak what he truly believe's.

edit on 25-11-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aphorism
This discussion lacks any and all philosophy and is in the wrong forum. But I suppose it serves as an example—we can put anything regarding "Christian" in the title of a thread, to witness the resident atheists come crawling out of their holes. Couldn't your reason be better spent on more rational subjects, rather than continuously bumping threads like these?

yes lets get frothy mouthed over ferguson and obamacare.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
Yoga, just like many other things, music for instance, can be used as a means for channeling demonic spirits. Research it.

First off, you have to believe in demonic spirits for them to have any affect on you. When you believe in something, you give power to it. If you refuse to believe in something, you give it no personal power. You are free to put your power towards better things. Like helping others.

Good luck with your new religion. Please try to not be one of those annoying zealots.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Jomina
Unless you are born with a vision disability, we are all created with the same common perception of green grass and blue skies.

Just look at the commonalities between the languages and you can find evidence of a past master language.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Interestingly, those who are "filled with the holy spirit" (break out in convulsions) and "speak in tongues" exhibit very similar behavior as those who practice Kundalini yoga. May want to lower your volume for the following video.

Here is a short (27 mins) documentary from a Christian perspective on the subject. I think it does a good job showing the comparisons and how it took off in Christianity. Though I don't necessarily agree the cause is Satanic spirits.
edit on 11-25-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: format

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Look I like your post's but this really did happen to me so bear in mind, I know you can only regard this as the possible delusion of someone somewhere else in the world typing at a keyboard with a possibly faulty mind and after what I experienced I would be inclined to agree but not for the reason of the experience itself.

Back in 1995 I was in my room at a home in the west lancashire town of Skelmersdale in England, the house had seen plenty of death being one of the oldest of the new build's and three member's of the same family had died there long before so the house had it's fair share of memory's and was for lack of a better word haunted so needed a blessing very badly.

One night I was praying for back then I used to be more religious, I do still believe but am not on close term's with God through my own fault and not understanding why this lot happened to me though I do not blame him.

A piller or column of black smoke more like a shimmering heat wave like black shadow that reached from the floor to the ceiling, it was about a little wider than I was then, say about two feet six inches accross, it had appeared in the middle of the room and I prayed telling it to get out of the house in the name of christ, it seemed to vanish so after praying I walked over the site with a bible in my hand, I was wearing a maddona and child medalion made of silver, as I stepped over where it had been I litterally felt it jump into me, I became very hot and felt ichy and like my skin wanted to slough off, as it jumped into me I heard a voice shouting as it faded seeming to fall away "I am going to get you you B"£st@~d" sounding enraged and almost desperate hateful but suddenly instead of screaming I became overcome in fit's of laughter, I could not stop, the medallion I was wearing turned Absolutely black and for several years after anything silver would turn black when I touched it, prior to this silver did not corrode on my person.

Call it a demon, a spirit, a fanstay if you must but it did happen to me.

I never wanted to experience thing's but have and I hid it for fear of ridicule (it did ruin my life, on one occasion disembodyed voices asked if you would accept becoming a medium which I refused in the name of christ), I never told anyone but a priest who seemed to think I was mad but even today I still suffer horrible thing's while I know my own personality had been degraded by these entity's, I am lethargic and fat where before I was athletic and studieing for my degree in electronic engineering, some fool's actually seek contact like it is a game, it is no game and some thing's are definitely better left alone but even among those who seek it is only those who these spirit's/demon's want that they contact and most time's it is unwelcome and unbidden contact, not everyone that hear's voices is schizophrenic but those that obey them probably are (for me it is like hearing people in another room but also very close, there is a sense of space that does not correlate to my physical location and they can move around but though there is babbling they do not communicate with me and I for the sake of sanity have long ago learned to ignore the blighter's even telling myself they are in my head, it is accompanied by a tinitus like ringing in my ears, I have seen thing's but mostly they are like smoke, black or sometime's grey and I have seen both of these appearing to fight one another, it is not smoke in the usual sense but like something I can see but I know is not there like seeing with two set's of eye's one set somewhere else, here but not here and the image or vision overlay's in my mind this too I have learned to ignore, I thankfully no longer suffer sleep paralysis but had some doozy's in the past).

I know I can't make you believe and I don't want you to but am making a point that what I know is true you might consider to have some rational in factual base based on the number of occurances reported throughout human history and the propensity of human's to believe in non corporeal reality so if you take that as a basis there is argument that there is definitely a phenomena that defie's explanation, one answer will only cover one case and may not in fact be the correct answer as the observer who seek's the answer seek's to base it in his own personal belief bias which wether religious or not is still a belief system and will enforce criteria upon the proposes explanation that particular observer arrive's at.

This lad in this video I do believe was contacted but he was also protected which is why he was shepherded to safety.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Kundalini energy/prana/chi/light do activate part of the unconscious by stimulating the brain with energy making the person more creative and intuitive.

The same playfulness with sound that babies are doing can sometimes be achieved since the creative part of you mind can find it funny to play around with different sounds creating new melodies without caring that the sound makes sense.

But I do agree one thing about the video. Either the energy just is and is the same in both instances regardless of the religion the experiancer has when it comes.

The whole it is only the divine in our religion but demonic in another is hypocritical and small minded.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join