It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to spot a psychopath

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
So what if someone is a psychopath? Doesn't make us bad guys. Just different than you.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
img706.imageshack.us...

Disclaimer, this is only an example I choose. I don't know this person or his character!
Ignore the smile, put your hands on the face so that you only see the irises. It's not the best example, but ok for now.
edit on 22-11-2014 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
there are two paths in life;

nature/nurture

only one path can lead to destruction...it must be wanted by someone?

which path is the majority of people following?

iridology
edit on (11/22/1414 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Saylesie17

You may be one of the fortunate ones who has no demons and no negative narrative churning about in that interior world of yours. If so, congratulations! Join the Catholic Church and someday you may be beatified. ;p

Most people have demons running around their kingdoms, and if they aren't identified then they are truly free to conspire towards their own devious ends.

I hope that is the case for you, because I have my own garden to tend, and there are enough thorns and weeds trying to spout up constantly that I don't have time to tend other's.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Bovah

Well...

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
How to spot a psychopath: They make it easy, they're called trolls.

And yet the internet promotes it in ways. Society promotes this behavior. Is there any wonder why we're in trouble?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

Psychopaths are not normal people troubled by what ever! They are a different brand of creatures.

edit on 22-11-2014 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

the most common injury on the eastern front among serving german soldiers was frost bite in there trigger finger and it was realized that the human urge not to kill another human being was actually causing there brains to shut down blood flow to there trigger fingers

More likely they kept their trigger finger on the trigger too much and the cold metal frost bit their fingers; or alternatively, they had gloves on but cut off the trigger finger end, thus resulting in cold damage... psychologically cutting off blood supply to the trigger finger because they didn't want to shoot anyone is a BIG stretch.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
i think even more so than showing emotions, a true sociopath has trouble reading emotions.

if you could sit down across the table from one and show them pictures of only peoples faces displaying various emotions, they would have trouble reading them

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

They are masters at understanding people and their needs, Aspergers (who do have emotions!) have trouble reading others.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I don't like people who judge others based on how they look.

Essentially drawing a conclusion based on an assumption at that point.

You do realize that evil looking people can be super friendly and good looking people can be super evil right?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: QueenofWeird

They are masters at understanding people and their needs, Aspergers (who do have emotions!) have trouble reading others.

ok.
if you say so
understanding what a person needs is not the same as not being able to read emotion in thier face

whatever
edit on 22-11-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: yourmaker

My point is that the inside of somebody bleeds through their masks. Why are you talking about looks? I am not talking about behaviour which can be easily faked. Anyways.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: QueenofWeird

in your first post you said you are no expert yet you respond to everyone like you are..
what up with that?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

They have to make an effort to understand emotions. MRI's show that mirror neurons are not triggered in psychopaths when confronted with facial expressions.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

If you feel you have other facts, please share them.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

BY the time the actions make clear that you are dealing with a psychopath, it's too late...

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: YoungSkid
Coming from a psychopath; I tend to use thoughts and images of what makes me happy when conversing with others; I use the "proper" memory to match the conversation. Eyes still light up like Christmas tree lights; nobody the wisest.

Now I want to know what makes you happy.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: QueenofWeird

Psychopaths are sociopaths who entertain dangerous delusions, although modern psychology uses the terms interchangeably. The way the show you posted used the term psychopath is not accurate at all. If you are talking about independent creatures who are largely selfish and who are predatory towards others, we really ought to take the time to coin a term because that is a much broader style of living.

Please don't conflate the ideas, and please don't scapegoat. In many ways, independent ones have traits that are useful once they engage in the path of rectification that the average self-sacrificers could almost never emulate.

An intelligent disassociative individual, what you might call a psychopath is just one type of creature, but in reality we are all on a spectrum with one another. We have all been victims and we have all been conquerors to one degree or another. Forgiveness is the only path forward, imo.

I try to recognize the light within, understand the nature of the illness and move forward. No one is beyond hope.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
King of dead eyes, the ones I mean, is Ted Bundy who was a psychopatic serial killer.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join