It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Berkeley students' surprising reaction to ISIS and Israel flags on campus

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
There is HOPE! Not all is lost...

Ami Horowitz: I have always thought that there was no connection between intellect and wisdom. To put this theory to the test, I headed out to the University of California, Berkeley

The shocking video above unfortunately proves once and for all that there is in fact no connection between intellect and wisdom.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: maghun

Trust Fox News to post this # on their Youtube channel.

The video proves nothing, and i wouldn't be surprised if it was actually faked, considering Ami Horowitz is a "satirist and filmmaker."

If the video does actually portray authentic responses from the public, one must raise the question of selective editing. Is it possible that Horowitz edited the footage in such a way, so as to display greater hostility towards Israel than ISIS? Yes, i believe it is possible.

If Horowitz did not selectively edit his film, and if the responses are indeed authentic, then i am left to conclude that most saw through his obviously BS image of a white male chanting pro-ISIS slogans with an American accent. Really, if i walked past a white man waving a terrorist flag and chanting random statements, i wouldn't really take him seriously. Nor would i engage in a public confrontation with him, going on the off-chance that he may actually be a radical supporter of terrorism.

It would appear that he is not being taken seriously in his ISIS segment, due to his presentation being unbelievable. His white American Zionist character is more believable, in regards to his image, self-presentation and slogans, than that of his white radical Islamist figure.
edit on 21-11-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
UC Berkley is a joke of a school. While this definitely shows a lack of individual thinking (although it was probably edited to prove a point--I'd have to think that at least someone commented negatively on the ISIS flag/rants), all it really proves is that he went somewhere knowing that the vast majority of people think in the same ideological way and tried to prove that. Hell, he probably would have gotten the same comments that he got against Isreal if he were waving an American flag on the Berkley campus.

The comment about smoking was funny, though.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I'm not totally sure what this video is trying to show.

In the first he is at a university waving an ISIS flag. To me, I wouldn't want to deal with a yahoo like that.

Then the second scene he is in Brooklyn waving an Israeli flag and it shows people getting very upset.

The problems with videos like this is it is so easy to cut out the stuff you don't want and only show what furthers your agenda. Why go from Berkeley to Brooklyn? Did he try other cities too that didn't work out?
Were there people at UC Berkeley who did speak up, but they didn't want to show it?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

My first thought was that the "intelligent" students simply don't recognise the ISIS flag.

Horowitz had expected another result...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

when he was waving the isis flag what did anyone expect people to do...in fact i thought it was nice that they ignored him...we are supposed to have free speech and they allowed it without interuption

as for the other flag...id like to know what area exactly he was in haha cause that seems like a set up

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Why can't Israehell and Humus have an all out war between them where they both destroy eachother. That would be a fun tv show

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I'm surprised he didn't get insulted or assaulted with the IS flag,
And I'm quite delighted and also surprised at the responses of the second part of the video, people are just fed up with Isra'hail... And the're not shy about voicing their opinion on the Zionist criminal state.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: samsamm9
I'm surprised he didn't get insulted or assaulted with the IS flag,
And I'm quite delighted and also surprised at the responses of the second part of the video, people are just fed up with Isra'hail... And the're not shy about voicing their opinion on the Zionist criminal state.

The point of this hatchet job was to "prove" that "liberal academics" are so stupid that they don't mind a barbarous cult that beheads innocent people for the "crime" of being the wrong religion, but they have only contempt for the only nation in that region that has a functioning representative government.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Real or not I can promise you one thing.

He wouldn't be walking away with that pos isis flag in one piece if I were to have seen it.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I just read the other day that jews are overrepresented in American colleges by about 1300%, about 25% of college students are jews.

So this got me wondering, seeing this video, is Israel really this hated on American colleges? Are most of these jews against Zionism?

Just curious of hearing what experiences American alumni have in regard to this.

As for the video itself I have to agree with the previous poster, I don't think he sold the ISIS impression, and if it wasn't for him screaming about ISIS people probably wouldn't have recognised the flags anyway. But what do I know.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I give it a failing grade......this is just sensation mongering at its worst.....

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

So this got me wondering, seeing this video, is Israel really this hated on American colleges? Are most of these jews against Zionism?

Students generally rebel against their parents' values and lifestyles. The "baby boomers" had parents or relatives who experienced the Holocaust and understood that the state of Israel was vital to the survival of the Jewish people. The current generation takes Israel for granted, and has experienced so little overt anti-Semitism in the United States that they can look upon Israel as just another of America's dubious Cold War allies.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
This video is idiotic. Few to no responses to the first flag and only a few to the second. A lone flag waver standing in the plaza is passed by by almost everyone with little to no response. Shocking

The shocking video above unfortunately proves once and for all that there is in fact no connection between intellect and wisdom.

Shocking? Seriously?
Proves? Seriously?

I love the way he tosses in the Marxist poster to set up some kind of reaction in viewers as if Berkeley was some bastion of Marxist foment. That poster was sitting at knee level amoung other posters and offered information on a weekly discussion group. Some fire breathing commies there.

What is evident here is a lot of self promotion and that's all.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Agreed. Not to mention most people were pretty much laughing him off about ISIS. Now Israel on the other hand, people recognize that it is a place that has needed to be erased for a VERY long time..... IMO anyway lol

a reply to: stirling

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I'm always leary of these types of videos. Editing does have a role in them and any one can make a video showing various people to be stupid.

Are some of the people showing their true colors? Without a doubt, but then again I am sure that most students were smart enough to stay away from the camera.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

UC Berkley is a joke of a school.

It seems students aren't so stupid.

a reply to: DJW001

don't mind a barbarous cult that beheads innocent people for the "crime" of being the wrong religion, but they have only contempt for the only nation in that region that has a functioning representative government.

...not to mention, that these barbarous cult attack and threaten multiple countries, but they love Israel.

The organization formerly known as ISIS has made clear that fighting Shi’ite Muslims is its top priority.

While Israel is pounding Gaza, it’s good to know that at least one Muslim organization isn’t rushing to threaten Israel. This refreshing news comes from the organization known until about a week or two ago as ISIS, but which now – since it has started to consolidate its hold on a stretch of territory linking Iraq and Syria – calls itself the Islamic State.

Why the Islamic State isn’t in any rush to attack Israel

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Love Israel? IS is simply making getting rid of the infidels within the ummah its first priority. There will be plenty of time to reconquer lands lost to Crusaders and Jews once the Caliphate is reunited under the banner of the True Believers, silly.
edit on 21-11-2014 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Soi when the pale skinned guy waves an Isis flag and says that stuff, it's just not believable and he's recognised as an attention seeking tool, but with the Israeli flag it's more believable that he means it, so he attracts hecklers.

Simples.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I'm sick to death of these stupid social 'experiments'.

Making a youtube video over the course of a couple of hours is not an experiment. It's frustrating that this type of video has become a commodity on youtube because we have to question them every time they come up now. Truth is dead, selling bull# reigns.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join